timbok is offline Waterboy

The Metrodome, The Taxes, and The Vikings.

Could a perfect storm be gaining steam in the great north? This season for the Vikings has been pure hell, and with their stadium giving way to snow, and the voters reluctant to fund a new one - I wouldn't be surprised if we see the first NFL relocation in years.

One blogger happens to agree:

The Metrodome,

The Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome roof collapsed under the weight of 17.1 inches of snow last night. Leaving the sorry Minnesota Vikings without a home stadium for this week's game against the New York Giants team. The stadium is twenty-eight years old, and can hold over 64,000 fans at any given NFL game.

The Taxes,

Public Policy Polling recently found that 49% of Minnesota voters would rather have the Vikings leave for greener pastures, such as California, than to publicly fund a new stadium with taxpayer dollars via increased taxes. With the stadium situation reaching a zenith of epic proportions with yesterday's snow storm, one must wonder whether the voters will change their minds on public funding.
    I hope everything turns out for the best in Minnesota. Also, I'm a new member from Upstate, New York, who happens to be a big New York Jets fan, and appreciates a good debate between NFL fans. Look forward to talking with all of you.
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Metrodome, The Taxes, and The Vikings.

Spamity-spam-spam-spam...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: The Metrodome, The Taxes, and The Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by "timbok" #1083200
    Could a perfect storm be gaining steam in the great north? This season for the Vikings has been pure hell, and with their stadium giving way to snow, and the voters reluctant to fund a new one - I wouldn't be surprised if we see the first NFL relocation in years.

One blogger happens to agree:

The Metrodome,

The Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome roof collapsed under the weight of 17.1 inches of snow last night. Leaving the sorry Minnesota Vikings without a home stadium for this week's game against the New York Giants team. The stadium is twenty-eight years old, and can hold over 64,000 fans at any given NFL game.

The Taxes,

Public Policy Polling recently found that 49% of Minnesota voters would rather have the Vikings leave for greener pastures, such as California, than to publicly fund a new stadium with taxpayer dollars via increased taxes. With the stadium situation reaching a zenith of epic proportions with yesterday's snow storm, one must wonder whether the voters will change their minds on public funding.
    I hope everything turns out for the best in Minnesota. Also, I'm a new member from Upstate, New York, who happens to be a big New York Jets fan, and appreciates a good debate between NFL fans. Look forward to talking with all of you.
    I have said over and over again that they would have to be fools to let this franchise go. They bring in so many jobs and revenue for the city, county and state. Think about all the money in taxes for all the metrodome employees, players and outlaying jobs.

The city would have millionaires spending money on homes, boats (No Pun intended), ATVs, Tvs, and so much more. The vision by some people amazes me.

You will see how ridiculous it is to let the Vikings go when they try to lure a new football franchise back to minny. Fools, they are all fools.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!