Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    lil_miss_sixty is offline Starter

Metrodome Seating Info

i was looking to get a single game tickets for a vikings home game - 2008.
    i read about the 'vip tent' package that comes with lower level end zone tickets.
    are those seats better than centre field? and if anyone has gotten the 'vip tent' pass, was it worth it? anyway, im a first timer lookin for any kind of info to help with my ticket purchase, thanks

some things need to fall out of place for other things to fall into place.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Metrodome Seating Info

Try this link, it gives info about the various tickets and packages as well as a seating plan.

http://www.vikings.com/Tickets.aspx

Introduce yourself in the Free Beer forum and hopefully you'll decide to stick around some more
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I've had lower level endzone tickets at the chargers game, and they were great, but it was a little hard to see what was happening at the other end of the field.
    Have you ever been to a vikings game before?? if you haven't just a couple things to keep in mind.

Regardless of where your seat is, you can get a great view anywhere in the stadium (except in the "limited view seats", which are literally located behind a pole that holds up the roof)
    also, regardless of where you sit, you will have a blast.
    The best thing of being at a game in the dome is the atmosphere.
    Even if your not the kind to jump up and down screaming, odds are that you will end up doing just that during the game.

Jilly is offline Coach

We made it to two games last season. The first time we went, we were on the 50 yard line about 15 rows up. The seats were awesome. The second game we went to, we decided to save a few bucks and got lower level end zone seats. They were ok but I didn't care much for them. If you are only going for one game, go ahead and treat yourself and spend a few bucks more to get great seats. It's definately worth it.

I also agree with Ibleedpurple, the atmosphere is incredible and you'll enjoy yourself regardless of where you sit.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Hi lil_miss_sixty,

Personally, I don't like lower level end zone tickets.
    LL End zone is section 115-123, and 139-103.
    These seats have four advantageous:

1) You get to see the holes that open up on the line - something that is never done justice on TV.
    2) The TDs will happen right in front of you! (if they happen on your side of the field)
    3) If a player leaps into the stands, they are they are jumping in to the lower level endzone seats (obviously).
    4) They are generally the best single game seats you can get directly.

However, it has two major disadvantages:
    1) Your depth perception is off.
    A two yard run looks the same as a 15 yard run.
    The lower you are, the more pronounced this effect is.
    2) Action that happens at the other end of the field is hard to follow.

That being said, I am not a fan of the 50 yard line seats either.
    All of the scoring action (which I think is the most exciting) happens, well, 50 yards away from you.

If you get the VIP Tent, you are really spending the money on the extras, which is the parking, food and drink, and the chance to hob nob with some great ex-Vikings.
    This is actually worth the price.
    If that doesn't interest you, I would look for single game tickets on ebay or the Vikings ticket exchange once the schedule is out.
    Chances are you can get better seats for the $300.

If you do decide to purchase tickets through TE or ebay, I have found that better seats exist on TicketExchange, but the better deals are on ebay and stubhub.
    Also, TicketExchange offers some protection in the event that you lose your ticket...

Hope that helped!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"lil_miss_sixty" wrote:
    i was looking to get a single game tickets for a vikings home game - 2008.
    i read about the 'vip tent' package that comes with lower level end zone tickets.
    are those seats better than centre field? and if anyone has gotten the 'vip tent' pass, was it worth it? anyway, im a first timer lookin for any kind of info to help with my ticket purchase, thanks
    Screw the lower level endzone seats. When the action is in that endzone, they are great, but when it's at the other end you're over 100 yards away from the action & from a low row in the lower level, you lose depth perception.

Midway to the top of the lower level is where you want to be if you get sideline seats. There's also a lot of great seats in upperlevel where you get a great view of the field & can watch the plays develop.

Below I attached a PDF file of the seating chart with ticket prices as well as a link to seatdata.com. If you click any of the sections in that link you'll get an
    actual view of the field from that section.

Those should help you decide.

http://www.seatdata.com/html/nfl_vikings/pick_section_nfl_vikings.htm

http://www.vikings.com/Resources/images/57104.pdf

[file name=Metrodome seating 2008.pdf size=545119]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/Metrodome seating 2008.pdf[/file]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

wow, fast response
    thanks guys, never been to a game b4, its more of a gift for somebody, so i was thinkin what a hard core fan would prefer.
    its just that the vip tent package only includes the lower lower level endzone tickets.
    another question.
    lets say it was at the centre line, would a fan prefer the first row behind the vikings bench, or midway up a lil? i mean, can u still get a
    proper view of the game from right behind the bench?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"lil_miss_sixty" wrote:
    wow, fast response
    thanks guys, never been to a game b4, its more of a gift for somebody, so i was thinkin what a hard core fan would prefer.
    its just that the vip tent package only includes the lower lower level endzone tickets.
    another question.
    lets say it was at the centre line, would a fan prefer the first row behind the vikings bench, or midway up a lil? i mean, can u still get a
    proper view of the game from right behind the bench?
    As I said in my previous post, for midfield you want to be in about row 15 & up for the best view.

If your too low you lose depth perception across the field & you may be blocked at times by camera crews filming the game.

You can always pop down to the rail if you want to get a few pictures of the players.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ya i think im leaning more towards the seats in the centre, 15 row and up, the vip tent seemed like a really nice extra but i think the view of the whole game is more important.
    thanks for all ur help guys, and im sure we'll enjoy the game regardless of anything. ill look out on ticketexchange n vikings.com, ill b back if i need more help, thanks again

morepepper is offline Rookie

Random question, when do single game tickets for next season go on sale?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast