singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Metrodome noise has provided a three-decade advantage

Metrodome noise has provided a three-decade advantage

Vikings: Metrodome noise has provided a three-decade advantage - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Yeah some people believe we had better home field at the met than the dome too, but that's not the case. We've been much better at the dome.

met .616 win pct (91-56-4) in 21 seasons
    dome .645 win pct (158-87-0) in 31 seasons

However, we were a much better road team when we played at the met so you could argue playing outdoors made us more prepared to play on the road.

met .520 (76-70-5)
    dome .412 (101-144-0)

Speaking of metrodome noise, holy cow did you hear all that booing in there today? Was anyone there, was it as loud there as it was on TV?

LIVike is offline Starter
    It was loud. The Cassel chant that got started was also loud. They had to put up the offense at work signs a lot today
    None

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Yeah some people believe we had better home field at the met than the dome too, but that's not the case. We've been much better at the dome.

met .616 win pct (91-56-4) in 21 seasons
    dome .645 win pct (158-87-0) in 31 seasons

However, we were a much better road team when we played at the met so you could argue playing outdoors made us more prepared to play on the road.

met .520 (76-70-5)
    dome .412 (101-144-0)
    You have to remember though, a lot of those years at the Met were when our franchise was in its infancy. There was not a way then to build a team quicker with free agents so we had to go through a lot of growing pains.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Speaking of metrodome noise, holy cow did you hear all that booing in there today? Was anyone there, was it as loud there as it was on TV?
    I was there and it was loud.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I was there and it was loud.
    It was the first home game, and there were many boos. I do not think the fans are on the same page as the coaches, front office, and ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    It was the first home game, and there were many boos. I do not think the fans are on the same page as the coaches, front office, and ownership.
    Yeah I'm willing to bet that's the first time they were boo'd in the first half of the home opener lol. I can't remember when they started booing Childress in 2010, but I'm sure it wasn't the opener. Well maybe it was, we lost to the Dolphins 14-10. I remember AD getting stuffed at the goal line on 4th down at the end of the game on one of Childress' patented up the middle runs from the jumbo formation.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    You have to remember though, a lot of those years at the Met were when our franchise was in its infancy. There was not a way then to build a team quicker with free agents so we had to go through a lot of growing pains.
    And too be fair, we never had coaches like Steckel, Burns, Green, Tice, Childress, and Frazier when we played at the met lol.

But ok we went 7-13-1 at the met in our first 3 years. We had a winning record in the 4th year. That ups the win pct to .658 (84-43-3) in 18 seasons.