Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Metrodome Hotels

Not sure if this is in the right place but i'm planning on a trip to watch the Vikes from England next season, flights are easy to sort out but does anybody know any hotels close to the Dome?

Was at the Chicago game this year but stayed with family, who have decided to move back here! So need a place to hit the hay!

All help appreciated, cheers
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Metrodome Hotels

Only 5 blocks away from the dome

http://www.bestwesternminnesota.com/hotels/best-western-the-normandy-inn-and-suites/

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I's sure "downtown" hotels go for a premium prices. Yo may want to check in to staying in the Bloomington area (near Mall Of America) and ride the light rail into the game. It will take you right to the stadium for a few bucks. You'll save a lot of money staying out there then downtown. And besides, it's close to the largest mall in the US.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn when we went to the game back in 2004:

http://www.metrodome.com/

We took the Light Rail from the airport to the hotel and even to the Mall of America.
    The Metrodome is within walking distance of the Holiday Inn and they will even pick you up and drop you off at the train station.
    The rates are average but the view of the Dome and downtown is great.

Here is the link to the Light Rail:

http://www.metrotransit.org/rail/

Good luck and have fun!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Jilly is offline Coach

I made it to two games in December. The first time we went we stayed at the Holiday Inn Metrodome. From my understanding, it has been completely remodeled this past year and it shows. I must say it was the nicest Holiday Inn that I've ever been to. There's plenty of restaurants and bars right outside of the hotel but due to the close proximity to the U of Minnesota campus, it was mostly a college crowd...which wasn't a bad thing. There was also a nice bar and restaurant inside the hotel and they had a great game day brunch. Also, the dome is an easy five block walk away.

We went back to another game two weeks later and tried to stay at the Holiday Inn again but they were completely booked up.
    We ended up staying at the Marriot which was 100 dollars more per night than the Holiday Inn.
    I expected the room to be very nice but in all actuality, I saw very little difference between the two hotels. Sure the lobby looked very grand at the Marriot and there was more marble in the bathroom but the rooms were basically the same. We didn't really use the amenities at either hotel so I can't really comment on those.

Hope this little bit of info helps.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I's sure "downtown" hotels go for a premium prices. Yo may want to check in to staying in the Bloomington area (near Mall Of America) and ride the light rail into the game. It will take you right to the stadium for a few bucks. You'll save a lot of money staying out there then downtown. And besides, it's close to the largest mall in the US.
    I would agree with Cojo on this one plus it is going to be a heck of alot cheaper Lightrail to DT, But also aks if they run a shuttle bus to DT as well. easy in and out of the airport and there is more to do outside of downtown than there is to do down town and a cheaper price. If you are looking for spendy restaurants that DT is a good night on the town alot of places have specials after the game(I recommend Murray's) but if you are looking for casual to cheap there are a ton of places both in the MOA from you food court variety to sit down types. and around the mall TGIFridays, IHOP, or you can drive with in a mile and go down lyndale ave and get pretty much what ever you want. from ethnic to the fast food chains.

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

I've stayed at a Best Western and at an Inn Suites(I think) that were good rooms at decent prices.
    Both were within walking distance from the dome.
    I did take a cab from the Inn one other time that cost me $5.
    Hope that helps.
    I booked them on the internet.
    the Best Western did have a parking charge.
    At the Inn, you could park either in their lot or on the street but be carefull of the meters.

Thanks for all that guys, big help! Just need to wait 4 the schedule to get the definate dates and stuff!

Thanks again, P2BP
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I would agree with Cojo on this one plus it is going to be a heck of alot cheaper Lightrail to DT, But also aks if they run a shuttle bus to DT as well. easy in and out of the airport and there is more to do outside of downtown than there is to do down town and a cheaper price. If you are looking for spendy restaurants that DT is a good night on the town alot of places have specials after the game(I recommend Murray's) but if you are looking for casual to cheap there are a ton of places both in the MOA from you food court variety to sit down types. and around the mall TGIFridays, IHOP, or you can drive with in a mile and go down lyndale ave and get pretty much what ever you want. from ethnic to the fast food chains.
    I agree.

I live out of town and normally get a hotel when I go to games.
    I have found that the hotels around the Mall are a lot cheaper and still nice and the light rail is an easy trip.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Depends on how you want to do it. The hotels down near the MoA will be cheaper than those downtown, though with the light railway then it won't take you long to get up to the Dome. The Holiday Inn near the Dome has had good reports as well. There are some fairly reasonable eating places in the downtown without getting too pricey.

We've always been on a hotel/ticket package and so have ended up usually in the Marquette or Hilton Minneapolis which aren't the cheapest of places compared to others.

I can also recommend the Hilton by the MoA, fair price and they run a shuttle bus to the Mall as well.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast