Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Metrodome field paint job (part doo)

"WaywardHoosier" wrote:
    I live in St. Louis and I went to the Edward Jones dome for the first time in many years (tickets are being sold cheap in front of the stadium these days). The local media and fans are bashing the Dome and says that the PSL crowd is old and boring causing for a lousy football environment.

The Metrodome has to be better than the Edward Jones Dome and besides the Mterodome is being replaced soon.

Can domes last more than 30 years now?
    You are correct.

Cleveland is a PSL crowd too. The costs are huge for the PSL and then the tickets on top of that. You go there and see a group of wives knitting, the stands are 1/3 full at the start of the game and the 3rd quarter. The real fans are not even the majoruty. Its more a social thing.

Soon the Metrodome will be replaced.

Here in St. Louis, the Edward Jones Dome is being criticized for the crowd being lame. I went to the Redskins game and bought a $75 ticket for $20 (since everyone is bailing on the Rams). These seats were in the $3000/seat PSL area. I would say the average fan was easily 55+ and yes they were reserved. Only people with A LOT of disposable income can afford these season tickets. Yes, they want an indoor stadium and since they are older they want it "comfortable". No drunkeness, yelling, or rude behavior. The people I sat with were great fans and very nice. It was like watching a game at your older aunts house. I'm going to The Philly game and if the Rams lose big to the Vikings, it should be very quiet. Maybe a nap at halftime? I'm bringing my comfy blanket!

Now is the Metrodme like this in the rich seats?

Top_Speed is offline Starter

I guess I wasn't the only one thinking our field looked like doo...

Reported from NFL Network:
    •Very quietly, the Minnesota Vikings have hired the "Sultan of Sod," George Toma, to do an extreme makeover on the team's practice fields. Toma has spent time at the Vikings practice facility remaking its sod; he soon will travel to the Vikings training camp site in Mankato, Minn., to do the same. Not only that, Toma will gussy up the field at the Metrodome, making sure the Vikings are playing and practicing on some of the prettiest playing surfaces around. But Toma will not stick around Minnesota long. He is expected to be on the job through the first part of October, after he has completed his job and succeeded with more sod.
    Home Sweet Dome...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    I guess I wasn't the only one thinking our field looked like doo...

Reported from NFL Network:
    •Very quietly, the Minnesota Vikings have hired the "Sultan of Sod," George Toma, to do an extreme makeover on the team's practice fields. Toma has spent time at the Vikings practice facility remaking its sod; he soon will travel to the Vikings training camp site in Mankato, Minn., to do the same. Not only that, Toma will gussy up the field at the Metrodome, making sure the Vikings are playing and practicing on some of the prettiest playing surfaces around. But Toma will not stick around Minnesota long. He is expected to be on the job through the first part of October, after he has completed his job and succeeded with more sod.
    I think Toma only cares about quality, not design.

Anywho...here's the original thread for that: http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21049&highl ight=toma++sod

Top_Speed is offline Starter

Design I guess you mean logos & lettering?
    If so he bangs that out to a "T" (ie Toma). His superbowl fields have been flawless, even the non-grass (arti & subscript field turf) he has done.

Field dye, Logo's, Graphics and lettering I give him a grade (A) IMO
    Home Sweet Dome...

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

IMO, the Metrodome is an ok stadium.. I haven't really been to that many of stadiums so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have been to Lambeau, and their stadium I would say is a little bit nicer then the Metrodome. They however have put alot of money into making it the way it is, and the Metrodome has stayed pat in its existence.

If we are comparing it to other sports fields as well, then I would say that yes, the Vikes need a new home. Places like Turner Field in Atlanta, Miller Park in Milwaukee, and alot of other stadiums in the MLB, as well as the NFL are head and shoulders above the Metrodome. As far as the painting goes in the Dome, as long as the Vikings are in that endzone, I don't care what it is painted like.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    IMO, the Metrodome is an ok stadium.. I haven't really been to that many of stadiums so I don't have anything to compare it to. I have been to Lambeau, and their stadium I would say is a little bit nicer then the Metrodome. They however have put alot of money into making it the way it is, and the Metrodome has stayed pat in its existence.

If we are comparing it to other sports fields as well, then I would say that yes, the Vikes need a new home. Places like Turner Field in Atlanta, Miller Park in Milwaukee, and alot of other stadiums in the MLB, as well as the NFL are head and shoulders above the Metrodome. As far as the painting goes in the Dome, as long as the Vikings are in that endzone, I don't care what it is painted like.
    Arizona sucks and they have a new state of the art stadium!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

True that!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"happy camper" wrote:
    Disagree.

The paint job this past sunday was the bomb.

Yeah, i like the field job!! I don't know why people are complaining!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

True that!!!
    Bill Bidwell likes his teams too suck, they always have they always will. They did in Chicago, They did in St. Louis, and they will while they are in Pheonix.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234