Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Top_Speed is offline Starter

Re: Metrodome field paint job (part doo)

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Can we make fun of you for having Freeney as your favorite player as opposed to a Viking....whim you have been following since 1967?
    Yup you can make fun of me for that :grin:

I have season tix to Syracuse (now that you can really make fun of!) ...at least their f-ball team, but I followed Freeney all through his Orange career. I hear rumors that we are trading Rosenthal for him right this very minute!. :lol: NOW... how about Dwight in Purple! I'm sure everyone would fall in love with this guy once adorned in our uniform (which by the way is the bomb, yes I actually like our uni's even better since the outlined numbers came in place, secondary number went to the shoulder pad from the arm) Yes, I actually said something looks good!

Speaking of uni's, well being a man from way back to when old Jim Marshall ran the damn wrong way, how about bringing back the purple pants for an "away uniform retro look?" SO far to my knowlege we have never had a retro look or uni...

OK, fire away the bullets at old speed, I'm sure I'll catch heck for wanting a retro look to our away uni's (but I think it may match or field asthetics! lmao (sorry guys, it's just fun picking on the field and or field crew).

OK, favorite (all time player) is Joe Kapp & Sir Francis (of course). I loved the way Kapp would leap over oncoming tacklers (it killed me to lose to KC in the big one). Oh so much more fav's... Bombs to Gene Washington, Sammy White, then later to Rashad and on, and on... AND Actaully the whole purple people eaters defense, running backs (old flat top) a guy named Bill Brown and Chucky "The U" Forman... I guess the list just goes on and on SO... that is why I just put down my favorite as an active player playing to date. Sorry that it wasn't a Viking, but honestly right now playing the game I like him (Freeney) best. (his motor reminds me of J.Randle x 1.125%). John fans, give it a rest, I loved his play, even his game face paint, who could not love the Farve chicken chas'n commercial?

New Minnesota endzone look taken from prior (funny) post

[ XXX VIKINGS XXX ]
    Home Sweet Dome...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Speaking of uni's, well being a man from way back to when old Jim Marshall ran the gol 'darnit wrong way, how about bringing back the purple pants for an "away uniform retro look?" SO far to my knowlege we have never had a retro look or uni...
    purple pants in away games would be cool.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, are we really bitching about the turf now? :grin:

I'm just mad because Madden FINALLY, FINALLY put the big V in the middle of the field for Madden on XBox 360, which bugged me for a loooong time that they had the wrong logo, then the next week they change it back to the norseman! Damn!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

If we are winning leave the field alone.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Fire the field crew? Their painting on field turf mind you....in other words if they cut it it doesn't grow back...and if the players aren't complaining than why do u care....doesn't look pretty enough for ya? As for the uniforms, what is this queer eye for the straight guy? The uni's are tradition...leave em' alone!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

The field looks like crap and have been saying it for awhile now. The Twinkies are done for the season and there is no reason for it too look the way it does, This is a Pro franchise is it not? They do need to step it up, just make it darker and will be just fine.

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Wow, are we really bitching about the turf now? :grin:

I'm just mad because Madden FINALLY, FINALLY put the big V in the middle of the field for Madden on XBox 360, which bugged me for a loooong time that they had the wrong logo, then the next week they change it back to the norseman! gol 'darnit!
    I'd rather be bitching about the turf's dye & paint job than that of our teams performance. Some people have to bitch, just ask my better-half, she'll tell you a thing or two :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your lucky to have XB360!, my kids are killing me for one ...and on eBay you have to give a right arm for one.
    Home Sweet Dome...

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Okay this goes way back, but anyone remember the old purple/gold argyle style endzones at the Met? Now that would REALLY be retro, if we brought that back.

And while we're at it, I say lets bring back the larger Viking horns on the player's helmets prior to the 1972 season. Those were way cooler.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

I live in St. Louis and I went to the Edward Jones dome for the first time in many years (tickets are being sold cheap in front of the stadium these days). The local media and fans are bashing the Dome and says that the PSL crowd is old and boring causing for a lousy football environment.

The Metrodome has to be better than the Edward Jones Dome and besides the Mterodome is being replaced soon.

Can domes last more than 30 years now?

Grassdogs-
    I would like to see the bigger horns and purple pants for a retro game or two, I think that would be a great honor to our founding purple fathers.

Wayward-
    Not many go along time anymore domed or open air. Not counting renovated stadiums, the Cowboys stadium is an exception but I hear that is a real dump inside and out. It doesn't look bad from my 62" hi-def Monitor however so they must hide it pretty good.
    Home Sweet Dome...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast