Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sureban is offline Rookie

Re: Metrodome field paint job (part doo)

[quote="Top_Speed"]STILL a crappy endzone however. I wish they would just bring back the "VIKINGS" font instead of that jarbled mess with the horns coming out of the lead letters. That font looks like crap period! Maybe for a high school field I would accept such bad graphics.[quote]

That ORIGINAL Vikings logo in the endzone is the best. Very classy.

Sincerely,
    Mark.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

Wow! Somebody just got tossed under the:

[/quote]

You guys are too funny for your own good I guess.

I started following the Vikes at age 7 (1967). Page, Eller, Krause etc. I'm not sure that the Cunnigham remark has any worthiness at least to me but that's cool.

If the guys who like our field asthetics and are now pleased, so be it. Hey some folks like McDonalds and I truely understand that, others won't settle for such crap. Our field is far less-superior than that of the Carrier domes and Buffalo's "Ralph Wilson" stadium that I frequent all the time. It's not even close and to have my buddies (not viking fans) bust me about a kindergarten looking field, I'll just chaulk it up to jealousy then right?

Guess I stopped the "bus" in it's track. (and that line is getting pretty old, even my kid stopped using that one about a year ago). :smile:

The Metrodomes field still sucks IMO, and in your opinion it is the bomb. I'm cool with the opinions, I always get a big smile when I read the "un" biased viking fan "theory's". :grin:
    Home Sweet Dome...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

haha

your buddies make fun of you because of the vikings field? that just sounds rediculous.

the best looking part about the dome this sunday was the field. thats one part of that awful place that actually looks classy.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Oh, there is no doubt THE METRODOMES FACILITIES suck. Having the Norse logo at mid-field and the CLASSIC Vikes font in the end-zones is the bomb.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!

sig courtesy of PPE

Top_Speed is offline Starter

"happy camper" wrote:
    haha

your buddies make fun of you because of the vikings field? that just sounds rediculous.

the best looking part about the dome this sunday was the field. thats one part of that awful place that actually looks classy.
    OK,,, reading 101 here.

They bust me about such a shippy looking field that we call home, not personally. They don't make fun of me (please re-read and re-think).

They actually make fun of our stadium, field, off field antics etc. BUT I expect some of that. Again.. they don't make fun of me personally. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I don't think?) lmao.
    Home Sweet Dome...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Can we make fun of you for having Freeney as your favorite player as opposed to a Viking....whim you have been following since 1967?

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    haha

OK,,, reading 101 here.

They bust me about such a shippy looking field that we call home, not personally. They don't make fun of me (please re-read and re-think).

They actually make fun of our stadium, field, off field antics etc. BUT I expect some of that. Again.. they don't make fun of me personally. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I don't think?) lmao.
    well, you said "they bust me"

to me that sounds like "they make fun of me"

but thats just me.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

sureban is offline Rookie

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    Well the paint job actually looks a little better now that baseball is out of the picture.

-Better 50yd line Norsman logo (I said better, not good)
    -Better yard markers

STILL a crappy endzone however. I wish they would just bring back the "VIKINGS" font instead of that jarbled mess with the horns coming out of the lead letters. That font looks like crap period! Maybe for a high school field I would accept such bad graphics.

I know the new field turf is harder to paint than the old carpet BUT... I just went to the Syracuse Carrier dome (newly installed field turf this past year) for some sectional high school football games and their turf graphics (and color saturation) is far, far, far by fragin far I tell you!! exceptional to ours. I'm sure the SU budget is far below that of the much larger major market of the Metrodome.

SO... I say FIRE the field crew because they just plain suck. After how many years have they had the oppertunity to produce a decent looking playing surface? (burp)

Only when the Super Bowl (Bills vs. Skins) was the field looking professional (and that took the guru field caretaker from KC forever to re-do, re-dye, re-everything. Of course it looked better than we should expect for everyday games but come on, my pop-warner field was comprable to our existing Metrodome field!

I do not know what you are talking about, but the "field crew" has only had two years to work on this NEW playing suface (as far as I know).

Sincerely,
    Mark.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I like the Steelers' endzone. Totally retro deal. Just a bunch of slashes. It looks like this:

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

how easy would it be to mantain that field???
    i bet our feild crew would screw it up though.
    /////)////

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast