Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Top_Speed is offline Starter

Metrodome field paint job (part doo)

Well the paint job actually looks a little better now that baseball is out of the picture.

-Better 50yd line Norsman logo (I said better, not good)
    -Better yard markers

STILL a crappy endzone however. I wish they would just bring back the "VIKINGS" font instead of that jarbled mess with the horns coming out of the lead letters. That font looks like crap period! Maybe for a high school field I would accept such bad graphics.

I know the new field turf is harder to paint than the old carpet BUT... I just went to the Syracuse Carrier dome (newly installed field turf this past year) for some sectional high school football games and their turf graphics (and color saturation) is far, far, far by fragin far I tell you!! exceptional to ours. I'm sure the SU budget is far below that of the much larger major market of the Metrodome.

SO... I say FIRE the field crew because they just plain suck. After how many years have they had the oppertunity to produce a decent looking playing surface? (burp)

Only when the Super Bowl (Bills vs. Skins) was the field looking professional (and that took the guru field caretaker from KC forever to re-do, re-dye, re-everything. Of course it looked better than we should expect for everyday games but come on, my pop-warner field was comprable to our existing Metrodome field!
    Home Sweet Dome...

Prophet Guest

Re: Metrodome field paint job (part doo)

I say put Tice in charge of managing the field crew. There would be less stress involved and he probably could think faster then fake turf can grow.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I say that if the Vikings want to experience a better field paint job, they should just make it to the Super Bowl...that way we would ALL be happy!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Disagree.

The paint job this past sunday was the bomb.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

part doo?

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I disagree with your complaint about the end zone "font". That is the original Vikings "logo" or "font", if you will, dating back to the 60's. Back in the 70's, that crooked "V" was right on the 50 yard line! I always hated that blocky "VIKINGS" logo that was in the end zone for so many years in the 80's and 90's...that looked like those letters that were spray painted on some shipping crate or military vehicle. No "style" whatsoever!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    Well the paint job actually looks a little better now that baseball is out of the picture.

-Better 50yd line Norsman logo (I said better, not good)
    -Better yard markers

STILL a crappy endzone however. I wish they would just bring back the "VIKINGS" font instead of that jarbled mess with the horns coming out of the lead letters. That font looks like crap period! Maybe for a high school field I would accept such bad graphics.

I know the new field turf is harder to paint than the old carpet BUT... I just went to the Syracuse Carrier dome (newly installed field turf this past year) for some sectional high school football games and their turf graphics (and color saturation) is far, far, far by fragin far I tell you!! exceptional to ours. I'm sure the SU budget is far below that of the much larger major market of the Metrodome.

SO... I say FIRE the field crew because they just plain suck. After how many years have they had the oppertunity to produce a decent looking playing surface? (burp)

Only when the Super Bowl (Bills vs. Skins) was the field looking professional (and that took the guru field caretaker from KC forever to re-do, re-dye, re-everything. Of course it looked better than we should expect for everyday games but come on, my pop-warner field was comprable to our existing Metrodome field!

I am guessing by your thoughts on "The jarbled mess?", and your statements in bold, that you are to young to understand the TRUE Viking heritage. This teams heritage goes back beyond the days of John Randle and Randall Cunningham.

The field looked awesome!!!! :grin:

sig courtesy of PPE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Hawgski" wrote:
    I am guessing by your thoughts on "The jarbled mess?", and your statements in bold, that you are to young to understand the TRUE Viking heritage. This teams heritage goes back beyond the days of John Randle and Randall Cunningham.

The field looked awesome!!!! :grin:
    Wow! Somebody just got tossed under the:

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

that's what friends are for lol

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

I like the the endzone font!

I HATED that big V on the 50 yard line!!!! looked like college logo!
    But I do like it wrote out in the endzone

It looked perfect this past sunday.........they outlined the endzone font in gold and white and put the norsman back at midfeild!!!!!!PERFECT

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast