Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Metrodome 2nd WORST football facility

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/11/01/fvi.intro/index.html?eref=T1

Read the ratings and then click on the Metrodome on the list.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Metrodome 2nd WORST football facility

How does the Giants stadium finish 25th and 32nd? It's the same goddamned stadium!

This rating is dumb... However, we do need a new stadium, badly.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. I bet they didn't even visit the metrodome. Definetly not last sunday because last Sunday the Metrodome was the best stadium to be in, the energy was electric both in the stands and on the field, And tickets could easily be bought outside the dome for $10-20.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

It's hard to argue that the Dome is kind of crappy.
    But I was suprised Detroit got an 8/10 on neighborhood while Mpls got a 5/10.

"Nauseating" wrote:
    I also thought the fans were quite intelligent as far as knowing to keep relatively quiet while we were on offense.
    You would be amazed how many Detroit fans are clueless.
    When we needed the fans to make noise it was by far the loudest stadium I have been in.
    I also had a rough experience as a Viking fan in Detroit this year, even though I am always very respectful, and I acknowledge that it is their stadium.
    I was respectful to them and I only cheered when it was appropriate and I wasn't a prick to any of their fans.
    Lets just say being verbally attacked and having your hat thrown on a bathroom floor isn't fun.
    Unfortunately their economy is also in a very rough spot and that certainly doesn't help things but Minneapolis was just such a nice place.
    Smiles and curtious people all over the place and some awesome Vikes fans too!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. I bet they didn't even visit the metrodome. Definetly not last sunday because last Sunday the Metrodome was the best stadium to be in, the energy was electric both in the stands and on the field, And tickets could easily be bought outside the dome for $10-20.
    Not a good thing.
    I pay more to go to a movie.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

This whole thing was a mixed bag...

It's called "Fan Value Experience", not specifically a stadium ranking.
    Bottom line...if your team stinks, you'll probably fall down near the bottom somewhere.

I've been to the RCA Dome (was a beerman there, doncha know) in Peyton Manning's earlier days.
    It could easily have been confused for the Metrodome except I don't see ANY tailgating around there.
    Plus, the fans were pretty danged quiet (this might have been Manning's 1st or 2nd season).
    Yet, because the Colts are kicking butt, they rank near the top of the list.
    Vikings, being pretty boring offensively for the past three years, rank near the bottom.

A "2" for stadium atmosphere?
    Out in the concourse and in the restrooms, I'll agree with you.
    Inside the seating area?
    Has to be a 9!
    While there are a fair number of "limited view" seats at the top of the stadium, I certainly wouldn't say "many have poor or obstructed visibility", and maybe they should have mentioned that those seats sell for $10 each...probably the cheapest tickets in the NFL.

Accessibility should have gotten much better than a "5".
    I brought a friend in for the Browns game a couple of years back and he was very impressed with the light rail system.
    Getting in to the game couldn't be easier.
    Getting out is a bit more crowded, but I found that using the Metro buses that run to Fort Snelling allow you to avoid the long lines to board the train, then catch it at the Fort Snelling station.

While the stadium itself is located in nowheresville, you really are a short walk or light rail ride into the heart of downtown...something most of these stadiums can't match.
    In windy or bitter cold weather, you won't want to walk from the stadium into downtown, but for the first half of the season or so it's no big deal.
    Therefore, neighborhood should have rated better than a "5" even if a short walk or very short cab ride is required.

Since this is a "new" article, who's the bozo who commented on the Rapid Park lot but completely neglected the new Purple and Gold lots bought by Zygi?
    While we still can't accomodate the crowds we want, you can't beat the location!

SKOL VIKINGS!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    How does the Giants stadium finish 25th and 32nd? It's the same goddamned stadium!

This rating is dumb... However, we do need a new stadium, badly.
    This guy who made this is a fool. It is the same stadium.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    its not the energy that matters.. its everything, overall the metrodome is much out of date in todays NFL.
    The one thing that is good about it at least.. is theres no "bad seats", almost anywhere you sit you can see the entire field pretty easily.

The dome was nice.. but its time for a new building :P

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

I live in AZ and I think UNIV. OF PHOENIX STADIUM is the best stadium I have ever been to. NO WAY IT IS 24th IN THE LEAGUE!

If they based these rankings on just the facility...UNIV. OF PHOENIX STADIUM would be #1 for sure.

[img width=450 height=337]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1335/547497877_fdfef90b2d.jpg?v=0[/img]

[img width=450 height=337]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/120/271939877_4595e41504.jpg?v=0[/img]

*SKOL!*

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

yeah those rankings are stupid, but the vikes need a new stadium bad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast