Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metrodome

Vikes4Life is offline Waterboy

Metrodome

The infamous metrodome is getting closer and closer of being on death row! Personally, I don't think they should get a new stadium, it's just tradition and it would be really strange to watch the Vikes at home OUTSIDE! The noise level won't be nearly as high as it is in the Metrodome. It will be a couple years by the time the Metrodome is history but it's something that will affect us. I remember when Soldier Field went, it's just not the same Bears anymore.
    Best there is, best there was, and the best there ever will be!

Metrodome

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Vikes4Life

The infamous metrodome is getting closer and closer of being on death row! Personally, I don't think they should get a new stadium, it's just tradition and it would be really strange to watch the Vikes at home OUTSIDE! The noise level won't be nearly as high as it is in the Metrodome. It will be a couple years by the time the Metrodome is history but it's something that will affect us. I remember when Soldier Field went, it's just not the same Bears anymore.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You're finally gonna pop that Wounded Balloon? Deliverance at last!

I won't believe it until the last puff of hot air escapes the Ruptured Butt.

BTW, it's the same Soldier all right, the Bears played a year in Champagne while they remodeled it, it was re-opened last season. They did a pretty good job of it too.

(edited to remove link as it ruined the thread it was so long. Stupid Bears)

"He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Metrodome

I'm pretty sure they are talking about a retractable roof. They want a superbowl in the new stadum so it would have to be a dome.

bleedpurple is online now Ring of Fame

Metrodome

I personally think they'll do something to keep the noise advantage! Besides if we want the best players we're gonna need a new stadium...

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Metrodome

Yes it would be a retractable roof. Vike4Life, they were playing outside before they were playing inside. I got used to that, and I guarantee, I will get used to a new stadium REAL FAST!!!

sig courtesy of PPE

Metrodome

It would be a little weird seeing them outside ...... but i sure could warm up to a new stadium .... the plans look sweet for it and there will be a retractable roof

Metrodome

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vikings_fan66

It would be a little weird seeing them outside ...... but i sure could warm up to a new stadium .... the plans look sweet for it and there will be a retractable roof

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It just occured to me, are there any league rules on this? Could the Vikings just open or close the roof at their whim? That might seriously affect an opponants gameplan. If the Wams come for a playoff game, could the Vikings stay mum as to the position of the roof until gametime? Imagine the Rams coming in practicing those quick slants all week only to find a frozen field to skate on, never having known. It would be like the old Seventies when the Vikes just froze the Rams out of the playoffs every year.

Then the Giants come in and they close the roof and play turfball.
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Metrodome

I belive the NFL has a rule that they must decide 1 hour before game time if the roof will be open or closed. They talked about it before the last Super Bowl.
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

savage5.9 is offline Waterboy

Metrodome

I cant wait tell there in the new stadium!! I was in Huston for the Vikings win over the Texans this season, and that stadium was BADASS!! Its gonna be sweet!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Metrodome

I believe the new stadium would have a roof. The reason why so many teams get new stadiums is becasue the luxury boxes/suites are the only revenue that is not shared. The NFL is like Communism; everything shared.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast