Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metrodome

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Metrodome

Yeah i think letting the team move because of the Metrodome would not be something most local Viking fans would be very happy about. There is no doubt that the HHH Met must be retired sooner rather than later. I have been to the Met for 6 football games and every time I go there i wish I had the biggest bladder ever, going to the washroom at halftime is a major chore, the 3rd quarter is already started when your done. The loudness in the Met is awesome, it sure gets my blood flowing.

Another question about the Met, why is it if you sit in your chair and have someone climb the 30 rows up to your seat to sell beer does the beer cost $5.00, but if go down 30 rows to get it yourself it costs $6.00 and then I have to climb back up the stairs. Seems weird but it works out great if you just want to stay at your seat!

Cheers!

If the vikings don't get a new stadium soon, any owner will have to pinch the penny in order to make any profit. I do not want to see my team suck not because of coaching or players but the facility itself cannot generate the funds to make the team competitive. If the vikings do not get a stadium deal done soon, the team will have to move. I have said this many times on this site. If you want this team to say, tell your state rep, otherwise nothing will get passed, and if nothing gets passed....Well we went a long time without basketball in this state, I would guess the length would be about the same as that. FACE IT, STATE MONEY WILL HAVE TO BE USED TO GET A STADIUM BUILT. I'm stating the facts, the metrodump is worthless and if the vikings are forced to play there, we are forceing them to move.
    You republican whore!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"jdvike" wrote:
    LET THE TEAM MOVE???..I cant believe I just read a Minnesotan say that!!
    Who said that?

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    let the team move.

Angryviking is offline Starter

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Everything is wrong with the metrodump. The halls are narrow, bathrooms are small, not enough consession stands, and if you want to tailgate get ready to walk or take lightrail. I have season tickets so I notice the little things that first timers probably don't care about. I just hope they either build a new stadium or let the team move. There is no reason we should still be playing in that hole. It was a quick fix to the met, now its time to build a HOME to the vikings.
    i believe that is what he was talking bout ultra
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"jdvike" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    let the team move.
    WTF? Move, are you nuts!

Thats what im thinking,what real viking fan would want that?

A REAL FAN doesnt want the team to have a finacial disadvantage like they WILL have playing in that P.O.S. This team will not be playing in the metrodome in 2012. It will be either in blaine or outside this state. Which one do you people want? If you want the team to stay, do something. I love the vikings, but i also live in reality. I know this team will not be playing in that hole past the lease, all i want is for the TRUE vikings fans to bug the hell out of the state reps to get a Vikings stadium bill passed. How many of you so-called fans will do that for your team? I do something at least once a month to my reps(e-mail, letter, call, etc.) how many of you will do the same? I will never blame an owner for moving this team...the blame falls on the people who did nothing to keep the team here. Complain all you want about the ownership being cheap. The way things have gone in this state lately, red was just acting like a local.
    You republican whore!

I harass my state reps all the time, but not being from Minnesota,this issue falls under the heading of "not their f*cking problem" so my hands are pretty much tied.
    I would like to see Wilf build his own stadium, and screw Minnesotans out of every last nickle,but that wont happen.

I agree jdvike, but if wilf builds his own stadium, people would somehow think they own it and all hell would break lose if he won't allow state functions to happen there. The new minnesota is about sitting on their hands and complaining that they stink
    You republican whore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12