Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metrodome

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Metrodome

I've never been to the Metrodome - I'm hoping to go this year, but I've heard all over everywhere that it's not a good stadium. (Red wanted to move the team cuz we couldn't get a new one, it's apparently not good for baseball either, we're considering building an outdoor stadium to replace it)

I'm just curious - what exactly is it about the Metrodome that makes it so bad? Is it just the fact that its old and outdated or is there something in particular that makes it bad?

Whenever I watch games on TV, it doesn't seem to bad - the noise sounds awesome!

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Swamination is offline Rookie

Re: Metrodome

I've been to the Metrodome a couple of times for Twins games, and I have never had a problem with it. I guess I can't help you out that much =P.

iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

Its just a really sterile environment. Everything is gray and blue. You don't get the atmosphere of an open air ballpark. Something just feels kind of artificial. Its loud as hell though during Vikes games. The reason Red doesn't like it is because there aren't enough luxury suites to pull in the revenue.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Yeah. luxury suits is number one reason. Restroom and concession layout is another problem.

Other than not being a retractable roof stadium, I don't think that it is THAT bad.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"iluvbigtds" wrote:
    Its just a really sterile environment. Everything is gray and blue. You don't get the atmosphere of an open air ballpark. Something just feels kind of artificial. Its loud as hell though during Vikes games. The reason Red doesn't like it is because there aren't enough luxury suites to pull in the revenue.
    Luxury suites are not shared with the rest of the NFL; strictly to the owner.

bender_over is offline Rookie

For football it isn't that bad. The fact that it's loud makes it better.

As for baseball, it's quite possibly the worst stadium in the majors. There's way too many seats with obstructed views like in the right field and center field upper deck. You'll also notice that in most games there's nobody sitting in the seats in the left field corner (in foul territory, right behind Twins' bullpen). This is because all the seats face the 50 yard line and you have to turn your neck to see home plate. By the end of the game, your neck is sore as hell.

In my opinion, the dome needs to be leveled. Better yet, build a huge pipe that goes into the top of the roof and pipe the city's human waste into the sh!thole, then blow the place up.

Everything is wrong with the metrodump. The halls are narrow, bathrooms are small, not enough consession stands, and if you want to tailgate get ready to walk or take lightrail. I have season tickets so I notice the little things that first timers probably don't care about. I just hope they either build a new stadium or let the team move. There is no reason we should still be playing in that hole. It was a quick fix to the met, now its time to build a HOME to the vikings.
    You republican whore!

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

LET THE TEAM MOVE???..I cant believe I just read a Minnesotan say that!!

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

I'd rather watch them play in a hole then have them in L.A.!!

Swamination is offline Rookie

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Yeah. luxury suits is number one reason. Restroom and concession layout is another problem.

Other than not being a retractable roof stadium, I don't think that it is THAT bad.
    Nothing like pissing into the good ol trough huh? :roll:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast