Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Merged: The Routes We Run/Y.A.C.

Yards After the Catch.

TJs
    (or Bollinger's)stronger arm, improves the ability for the WRs to get more YAC.

Any thoughts?

True or False?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Y.A.C

YAC?

Thats what I did when Brad was in.
    I YACKED all over my couch!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

It seems that it would definitely give the receivers a better opportunity for YAC.
    The live 'slow-mo' toss gives the defenders time to adjust.
    Will be fun to watch him develop.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Don't know if that is particularly true...it's more the WRs ability to run after the catch that determines YAC...hence the name.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingD24 is offline Rookie

Before too many of us get too carried away with the Travaris-Hype.....let me point this out.

The Jets started playing a pretty soft zone about the time he was put into the game. Now dont get me wrong...I love the kid & I want more than anything for him to be "The Franchise"...but I refuse to let myself get all hopped up over the end of that game.

Theres no doubt he can be a good NFL QB, he's definitely eager, he has the skills.....but lets wait until he gets a complete start under his belt first.

This doesnt have much to do with YAC....but I felt the "Travaris-Hype" of todays 4th quarter is the result of this and many other threads being posted.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Yards After the Catch.

TJs
    (or Bollinger's)stronger arm, improves the ability for the WRs to get more YAC.

Any thoughts?

True or False?
    Very true, good post Snow. As i sat in the bar today watching the game my cus turned to me and said because of his quicker drop back, release and faster throw it gives the WR a oportunity to get the ball in his hands quicker. A good example would be his first throw today, had BJ threw that ball the DB would have been closer to Williamson closing on the play. I think williamson got 12 or 13 yards on the pattern.

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

But like acumen said..by the time brads pass got to the WR the defender was all over the guy.

If you watch the video ultra put together its funny how man yards the receivers/rb get after most of the catches when T jack was in. I mean, even Williamson got a couple first downs after *gasp* catching the ball.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingD24" wrote:
    Before too many of us get too carried away with the Travaris-Hype.....let me point this out.

The Jets started playing a pretty soft zone about the time he was put into the game. Now dont get me wrong...I love the kid & I want more than anything for him to be "The Franchise"...but I refuse to let myself get all hopped up over the end of that game.

Theres no doubt he can be a good NFL QB, he's definitely eager, he has the skills.....but lets wait until he gets a complete start under his belt first.

This doesnt have much to do with YAC....but I felt the "Travaris-Hype" of todays 4th quarter is the result of this and many other threads being posted.
    I hope they start playing tighter coverage, our WR's are not slow, if they want to play bump and run they will pay. What some people have a hard time understanding is THEY KNEW we where gonna throw. Next week we unleash the running game to go along with the passing game. I can't wait for Thursday.

VikingD24 is offline Rookie

Im telling ya...when the Jets DB's are playing 10-15 yards off the WR's & backpeddling, any of us could make those completions. The Jets were playing the soft zone & just trying not to give up the big play over their heads.

But Troy Williamson needs add a yard to his route running. Too often does he makes a grab a yard or 2 shy of the 1st down marker.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    It seems that it would definitely give the receivers a better opportunity for YAC.
    The live 'slow-mo' toss gives the defenders time to adjust.
    Will be fun to watch him develop.
    That is what I thought too!

If the ball gets there faster, the WR has the extra step to make a move.
    The defender also has less time to react.

This is what I don't understand, How could the coaches not see this with BJ in the game.
    The WRs catch the ball and get tackled.

Maybe they did play a soft"er" zone for TJ, but I did notice a difference from the WRs.
    It might just be hype in my brain but I could swear I saw more YAC, and not the Ultravikingfan kind of YAC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast