MiamiViking is offline Rookie

Memorable Viking Encounters

The Warmest Displaced Viking Fan

Threedeep is offline Rookie

Memorable Viking Encounters

I got one for you... A few years back, the memorable '98 season to be exact, my brother and I had headed down to a little dive bar in Redwood Falls, MN (my hometown/this bar is straight outta "Road House" by the way)for a few drinks on a Saturday night. We had just got there and were ordering some drinks when I noticed over my right shoulder that a couple of black fellas had walked in... You have to understand that this was the equivalent of Wyatt and Gary walking into that all-black bar in the movie "Weird Science"... Anyway, I glanced over and too my utter amazement it was Vikings' legends Jim Marshall and Ted Brown. I turned to my brother and said, "Holy Sh-t, it's Jim Marshall and Ted Brown!" Thinking quick on our feet we bought the two gentleman a couple of drinks and they invited us over to their table. We proceeded to get smashed with the two guys and the very next day (a Sunday), Marshall was on TV in Red McCombs press box at the Dome watching yet another Vikes' victory during that memorable season... Now that my friends is a crazy story that patrons of the Club 101 won't soon forget.
    Editors note: Marshall and Brown hadn't just stumbled into town, they were on their last leg of an autograph tour for Wal-Mart and Redwood Falls (120 miles SW of the Twin Cities) was the final destination. Skol Vikes.
    Ben Stoterau(80)