Prophet Guest

MeMo taking back seat to Bennett and Fason.

KFFL
    Vikings | Moore no longer starting
    Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:51:56 -0800

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings RB Mewelde Moore (quad) is no longer the team's starting running back. In fact, he will compete for playing time Sunday, Dec. 18, against the Pittsburgh Steelers. RB Michael Bennett has replaced an injured Moore as the primary runner in the Vikings' past two games, and head coach Mike Tice said he has grown "enamored" with rookie RB Ciatrick Fason. Tice said Monday, Dec. 12, "We'll be going down the stretch here with three good backs. Mewelde will get plenty of chances."

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: MeMo taking back seat to Bennett and Fason.

Bennett hasn't been doing to badly. He is fighting for his job here so I suspect that he will do well in coming games. I don't know about fason though. I see the talent, just too much hesitation.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I agree. Tice has done a lot of good things this season but he is taking this Moore thing a little too far. I like Fason too but he doesn't have the shiftiness that Mewelde has (not yet at least). He is a North-South runner while MeMo has the crazy lateral shift and vision. Both Bennett and Fason can get you around 60 to 70 yards behind our line. Memo can get you a 100. I love Tice, but this is just being too stubborn.

One side of me wants to say that Tice is just playing mind games and having Pitts getting ready for Bennett and that he will start Moore on Sunday. I also try to convince myself that Tice is giving Moore time to heal for the Bears and a possible playoff run.

But another side just keeps saying that Tice isn't that smart to do what I just said
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Del Rio Guest

It's no secret Tice like many horrible bosses in the world have that list of people who they don't like.

I know a lot of people fell out of love with our red headed mullet DT, Tice blacklisted him. I remember people saying it was ok, it is never ok.

Our RB situation is we don't have any solid #1 backs. We need them all in order to be productive. Tice is too emotional sometimes.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Sorry to say, already posted:

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=16705&start =45

:lol: