Prophet Guest

MeMo rips on Losman

KFFL
    Vikings | Moore not Fond of Losman
    Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:25:43 -0700

Mark Craig, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Mewelde Moore is not a big fan of his former college teammate at Tulane, Buffalo Bills QB J.P. Losman. "I just didn't like the way he played ball the last two years at Tulane," Moore said. "You are what you are. He's a great player, and he'll be a great player once he plays total team ball and sells out for the team and not for himself." Moore indicated that Losman's selfishness affected Tulane's effectiveness as a team. "I wish the best to him. I just don't have any interest in playing with him," added Moore.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: MeMo rips on Losman

How can a QB be selfish? Other than maybe throwing the ball in goal line situations when a run would do.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Wow...harsh words.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

vikesfan is offline Starter

But I think that MeMo is actually right. When Losman was coming out of college, he was highly regarded as an incredibly selfish, cocky guy. Many, many people were discussing this during and before the draft. And MeMo on the other hand, seems like a very mellow "do whatever it takes to win" type of guy. I base this off of what he says every time he's interviewed. He always talks about preparing every week like he's the starter, even when he's not, and that he's always ready to play in whatever role he's alloted.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah, I heard he's got a huuuuuge ego. It is possible to be selfish as a QB....that me, me, me mentality goes beyong the playing field.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

During the draft, I was also hearing that he was conceded(sp?). Moore should also know since he was his teammate...

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

I think I know what Moore is referring to. A few years back, Tulane played at Texas when Moore and Losman were still there for their senior year. There was a lot of hype before the game about Losman, in that it was Losman's chance to shine on a national stage as the Longhorns were ranking pretty high then.

The game finally came around, and the following resulted:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=232700251

As you can see, Losman looked like crap and Moore really shined. I was really happy when we drafted Moore because of this game. However, I remember during the game the crowd was all over Losman because he became visually upset with his linemen and receivers on several occasions.

I don't doubt Moore one bit in his quote. Losman is a cocky, self-serving pretty boy. Karma will strike him down some day, and I for one will giggle like a school girl when it happens.

The morale of this story: The Packers are 0-3.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

down with lossman
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I would agree. Hey now, not that looks really matter, but have you seen that ridicules mustache on Loseman? Anyone who needs that much time to shave in the moring to make it look right has got to be conceited.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies