Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: MeMo excited about new offense

"Prophet" wrote:
    I agree that it is refreshing to see MeMo come in with a good attitude. I agree that any RB coming into the Tice/Redneck-run operation was at a disadvantage, for that matter, any player. Will MeMo be great? I don't know. We are all speculating. Some of you think he could be a top-tier RB if he's given the chance. I don't think so. We're all speculating so only time will tell if any of us are correct....assuming he ever gets a chance. You can take hundreds of NFL players, past and present, and say if they only had a chance they would be great. Even if it's true they will never be remembered that way unless they are. MeMo has shown flashes of promise. That is all. I stand by my dime a dozen categorization of MeMo. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
    No need to worry, I'm almost positive all your posts in this thread are wrong. Had you just said you didn't think he was pro bowl material then fine but Mediocre is WACK!

The guy has been running behind broken offensive lines since he got in the league, and still puts up #'s, producing over 1200 all purpose yards last year.

Guys that are mediocre are not nearly as versatle as Moore, Mewelde can run between the tackles, he can take it outside, he breaks tackles, great vision and cut back ability, he catches the ball with soft hands and he can return kicks. He's a naturaul football player, he may not run a 4.3 but he gets it done.

Fans get down on players like Tiki Barber, Larry Johnson, ect. Then they blow up when they get a good offensive system around them. I've seen the things Mewelde does on the field, the way he makes a DB look silly. He has game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I agree that it is refreshing to see MeMo come in with a good attitude. I agree that any RB coming into the Tice/Redneck-run operation was at a disadvantage, for that matter, any player. Will MeMo be great? I don't know. We are all speculating. Some of you think he could be a top-tier RB if he's given the chance. I don't think so. We're all speculating so only time will tell if any of us are correct....assuming he ever gets a chance. You can take hundreds of NFL players, past and present, and say if they only had a chance they would be great. Even if it's true they will never be remembered that way unless they are. MeMo has shown flashes of promise. That is all. I stand by my dime a dozen categorization of MeMo. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
    No need to worry, I'm almost positive all your posts in this thread are wrong. Had you just said you didn't think he was pro bowl material then fine but Mediocre is WACK!

The guy has been running behind broken offensive lines since he got in the league, and still puts up #'s, producing over 1200 all purpose yards last year.

Guys that are mediocre are not nearly as versatle as Moore, Mewelde can run between the tackles, he can take it outside, he breaks tackles, great vision and cut back ability, he catches the ball with soft hands and he can return kicks. He's a naturaul football player, he may not run a 4.3 but he gets it done.

Fans get down on players like Tiki Barber, Larry Johnson, ect. Then they blow up when they get a good offensive system around them. I've seen the things Mewelde does on the field, the way he makes a DB look silly. He has game.
    You must be including punt & kick returns in that total.

MeMo stats 2004-2005

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Again. Speculation. I think MeMo will be servicable in the system if he can stay healthy. I'm not a MeMo hater. No emotion at all thrown at him. When I call him mediocre or a dime a dozen player it simple means that he is replaceable by damn near any other RB in the league. Sure, I may be wrong, but there is nothing that you can throw at me other than subjective arguments to prove otherwise and there is nothing I can throw at you to prove I'm right. Time may tell....if he ever gets a chance to show his colors. I hope I'm wrong, just don't see the superhero status in him that some others see.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

You must be including punt & kick returns in that total.

MeMo stats 2004-2005
    Thats what i said, all purpose... :wink:

Mountainman is offline Training Camp

I think MeMO has been pretty underrated considering he has got pretty low amounts of carries with negative yards. The guy has drive, there's no denying it!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I've always liked memo. I'd take him over a M.B. anyday. At least MeMo can find a hole. I'm happy to hear he's happy with the way things are going. At least he's not a selfish prick.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i've always said he's got some moves, and i love his stats he built up from Tulane, the amount of recieving & rushing stats mixed is very impressive - not to mention exactly what we're looking for (westbrook syndrome)

so if chester doesnt meet expectations, or even if he does, we'll have a solid 2nd back i believe

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Bheadgood is offline Rookie

Didn't he set a Vikes record for most yards in a 4 game span ? ( rush, rec )
    Any matter can be resolved over a few coldies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123