Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: MeMo excited about new offense

Its MeMo's fault where hes at today IMO.He could be our number 1 highly paid back, but he couldnt stay healthy.He knows it, everyone knows it.If he can stay healthy he'll get his time to shine.I really think Childress is gonna work him into the playbook alot with Taylor and everyone else.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

He should be excited...his life just a whole lot easier!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I find it difficult to get excited about MeMo. His name is synonymous with mediocre. He should do well in the role he has been given this year. Like RK. and others have mentioned, everyone gets a clean slate now that there is a coaching staff in place that doesn't make V. Young look like a genius. I'm glad to see MeMo is coming in with a good attitude.
    The hell with that. Everyone's got there opinion but he is not just mediocre, he's a very dangerous weapon, when he's on the field he's a beast. I call him the rock cause he just doesn't go down, he's got everthing u look for in a RB. He needs to keep lifting weights and practice his pass blocking, if he does that, theres a real good chance he's pro bowl material.

Honest to god, i wish he was starting. But because of his sprained ankles and lack of pass blocking he'll be returning kicks. If chester goes down i got all the confidence in the world that Mewelde can get the job done.

He broke NCAA records for combined yardage as a pass cather and runner, he's far from mediocre.

Prophet Guest

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I find it difficult to get excited about MeMo. His name is synonymous with mediocre. He should do well in the role he has been given this year. Like RK. and others have mentioned, everyone gets a clean slate now that there is a coaching staff in place that doesn't make V. Young look like a genius. I'm glad to see MeMo is coming in with a good attitude.
    The hell with that. Everyone's got there opinion but he is not just mediocre, he's a very dangerous weapon, when he's on the field he's a beast. I call him the rock cause he just doesn't go down, he's got everthing u look for in a RB. He needs to keep lifting weights and practice his pass blocking, if he does that, theres a real good chance he's pro bowl material.

Honest to god, i wish he was starting. But because of his sprained ankles and lack of pass blocking he'll be returning kicks. If chester goes down i got all the confidence in the world that Mewelde can get the job done.

He broke NCAA records for combined yardage as a pass cather and runner, he's far from mediocre.
    We're talking about the NFL now. I mentioned in the original post that he may get a chance with a new coach. If you look at what he's done since he has been in the NFL calling him mediocre is a compliment. Given an opportunity he could excel. If you're ready to call him pro bowl material based on what ifs....that list would be very long. I'll stick with mediocre and a dime a dozen type RB.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Memo caught 12 passes in the first game he ever started, that doesn't seem mediocre to me.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I love MeMo alot and think he could do well for us, but guys...Chester Taylor IMO is gonna be a beast for us.Just look at his line, his FB.He reminds be of Tiki Barbor and Ladainian Tomlinson.I like MeMo and I think he'll be a contribuiting factor to our offense for years to come, but Taylor is shaping up to be the steal of FA.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

MeMo has produced when he has had the opporunity. I dont think its fair to call him mediocre at all, he hasnt been given the opportunity to really be a starter. I am still convinced that Tice had it in for him.

After reading this article, he has earned my respect. He wants to play, thats it, in any role that the team needs him to fill. If given the opportunity I truly believe he will be a star

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Prophet Guest

I agree that it is refreshing to see MeMo come in with a good attitude. I agree that any RB coming into the Tice/Redneck-run operation was at a disadvantage, for that matter, any player. Will MeMo be great? I don't know. We are all speculating. Some of you think he could be a top-tier RB if he's given the chance. I don't think so. We're all speculating so only time will tell if any of us are correct....assuming he ever gets a chance. You can take hundreds of NFL players, past and present, and say if they only had a chance they would be great. Even if it's true they will never be remembered that way unless they are. MeMo has shown flashes of promise. That is all. I stand by my dime a dozen categorization of MeMo. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I think MeMo comes into his prime as a change of pace back. Wear them down with Chester and bring in a hard to tackle Mewelde and he could shine. I'm excited to see him mature and if he stays injury free, he'll be a major contributer to the Vikes this year.

Prophet Guest

It is refreshing thinking about a runnning game again. It has been too long. A 20 carry back with MeMo mixing it up chased by a little Fason/Eche will be fun to watch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast