Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Meet Vikings defensive coord / linebackers coach

Meet Vikings defensive coordinator / linebackers coach Fred Pagac

You would have thought that they went through the effort to put this together, they would add some content like:

a. If Ray doesn't go, will you put Rob in at LDE?

b. Will Rob be able to stand up against the run out there in the base.

c. Will they go with Everson in the base to stop the run and go with Rob in the normal rotation?

d. If Rob does go in the base who rotates in for him when he gets tired, especially on passing downs.

Anything like that. Instead, we get what his handicap is and what course he plays.

Local rubes piss me off.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Meet Vikings defensive coord / linebackers coach

Another one. Doesn't answer my questions listed above, but it did give a couple of gems in it....

Pagac is the guy making the calls on game day and running the meetings.

Frazier retains plenty of say in the operation, but he admitted Pagac called a few more blitzes than usual
    So we now know who runs the meetings and makes the calls. For me, that also means he is putting the gameplan together and not Leslie.
    Probably why we saw a increased performance/output from the defense last weekend.

And.....Like the Chiller on offense, Leslie has a hand in the gameplan on defense.

Pagac has implored more than one of his linebackers to "blow up a fullback," adding a few adjectives not fit for a family newspaper.
    I wonder if a few on here will consider that good tough football or something more akin to trying to hurt someone and take them out of the game.

I for one like it when football players hit with a purpose. That purpose by the way should be to get the other guy out of the play and possibly the game.

Gruff, old-school coach takes over Vikings defense
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the articles, Marrdro!

I like where this is going. I had barely heard of Fred Pagac before his "promotion" to "defensive coordinator", but I like what I've seen so far. Maybe he was all the Vikings defense needed... I think he will be quickly accepted around here if he continues with the aggressive play-calling and blitzes.

Pagac's high-octane approach to football resonates with players in the way he runs practices, commands the film room or calls for blitzes on the field with no apprehension.

Last Sunday at Washington, the Vikings blitzed more in Pagac's first game calling defensive plays, something that suits his personality. The Vikings won 17-13 thanks in part to four sacks.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081138
    Pagac has implored more than one of his linebackers to "blow up a fullback," adding a few adjectives not fit for a family newspaper.
    I wonder if a few on here will consider that good tough football or something more akin to trying to hurt someone and take them out of the game.

I for one like it when football players hit with a purpose. That purpose by the way should be to get the other guy out of the play and possibly the game.
    +1 thats the way it should be. Guys are not out there to play pattacake and if the fullback ( or anyone else ) is between them and the ball carrier then thats hard luck on them. You have to hit and hit hard, legally but hard and if that causes an injury then unfortunately that's part of the game.

Even after that first drive [when Washington scored a touchdown], he handled it the way he needed to and the players responded based on the way he handled that situation.
    I admit I was pissed off with the D after that first Skins drive but they did knuckle down after that and do what was needed. Thats a plus for Fred who can get people on the same page and do what they're supposed to.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...