Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Meet Albert Young, possible backup to Adrian Pe

Mr Anderson wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Freakout wrote:
    Well my fear is coming true.
    This is your fear? You need to get some more important things in your life.
    Marrdro wrote:
    Comeon my friend. Nothing to fear. Hell, us Vikings fans should be used to the coaching staff and how they run younsters out.

With a couple of exceptions, they all have worked out pretty good, even though it did take some time.

In short, nothing to fear my friend but [strike]fear itself [/strike]no cold beer in the fridge.
    Give him a break guys, his name is Freakout... what do you expect?
    That just got a "Go home" from the boss as he heard me chuckliing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re:Meet Albert Young, possible backup to Adrian Peter

Haven't seen much of AY obviously but I have a better feeling about him than any of these "old" guys they looked at or may be looking at.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

RB is one of the things we dont have to worry about. AY and Ian both look good.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Albert Young has not played well against third string defenses; why should he be expected to do better against the top dogs?

Ian Johnson is quicker, more agile, and larger. He has more upside.

Then again, I do not see them each day in practice.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Young is not bad in Madden. He will be fine.
    We're bringing purple back.

Minniman wrote:
    Albert Young has not played well against third string defenses; why should he be expected to do better against the top dogs?

Ian Johnson is quicker, more agile, and larger. He has more upside.

Then again, I do not see them each day in practice.
    When did you see him play against 3rd string defenses? Only time I saw him this year, he was going against the 1rst string defense. :huh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

And, reportedly, Tomlinson's primary consideration, the factor that won him over to the Jets, was the possibility of starting in New York.
    If the Vikings are willing to concede a second-round pick in this year's draft, however, there are several options from which to choose, including Pierre Thomas, Leon Washington, LenDale White, and Jerome Harrison. Each of these players has shown the ability to serve as a solid backup in the NFL and to catch and block. And each would provide a good return for what essentially will be a third-round pick in this year's draft.
    The final option is to use the second-round pick to select one of the many purportedly NFL-ready running backs in this year's draft.
    With LT in NY Vikings in Position of Concession

But not getting LT could be the old blessing in disguise. Kind of like not getting T.J. Houska;lkkdja;j;kljd;alkjdklj was last year. T.J. spurned the Vikings for the Seahawks. That led to the Vikings taking Percy Harvin in the first round. Had the Vikings taken Housha;klda;lklkj;kkj;lkkj, the Vikings would have become the 22nd team to say Harvin was too much of a character risk to join their fine franchise. Instead, with a need at receiver, the Vikings took a chance, and Harvin rewarded it by being the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year.
    No LT could be a blessing in disguise

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

Marrdro wrote:
    But not getting LT could be the old blessing in disguise. Kind of like not getting T.J. Houska;lkkdja;j;kljd;alkjdklj was last year. T.J. spurned the Vikings for the Seahawks. That led to the Vikings taking Percy Harvin in the first round. Had the Vikings taken Housha;klda;lklkj;kkj;lkkj, the Vikings would have become the 22nd team to say Harvin was too much of a character risk to join their fine franchise. Instead, with a need at receiver, the Vikings took a chance, and Harvin rewarded it by being the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year.
    I'm telling you... dude reads PPO and is taking notes.

C Mac D wrote:
    Might sound a bit VikingsTW-ish... but I look at it this way: If it doesn't happen, it wasn't meant to happen.

Remember when T.J. Houshmandzadeh came to visit and ended up going to Seattle? Sidney saw more time and we drafted Percy Harvin. A Rookie of the Year Award later, I'd say everything worked out.

I might give Childress and Co. a lot of crap out of frustration... but I actually have faith that they'll find someone to fit the role behind Peterson just fine. Maybe it was Childress' desperation that caused him to draft Percy Harvin last year or take Peterson his second year as coach, even when we had a perfectly good running back in Chester Taylor. Maybe it was Spielmann's. I don't really care. Whether it be through FA or the draft, they've put together a damn good team.

If Tomlinson doesn't sign, we'll probably draft a RB in the 4th or 5th round. Personally, I hope thats the way it turns out. Tomlinson will be great for the Jets, no doubt... but I'd like to invest in a young player we can have for a long time.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I'm telling you... dude reads PPO and is taking notes.

C Mac D wrote:
    Might sound a bit VikingsTW-ish... but I look at it this way: If it doesn't happen, it wasn't meant to happen.

Remember when T.J. Houshmandzadeh came to visit and ended up going to Seattle? Sidney saw more time and we drafted Percy Harvin. A Rookie of the Year Award later, I'd say everything worked out.

I might give Childress and Co. a lot of crap out of frustration... but I actually have faith that they'll find someone to fit the role behind Peterson just fine. Maybe it was Childress' desperation that caused him to draft Percy Harvin last year or take Peterson his second year as coach, even when we had a perfectly good running back in Chester Taylor. Maybe it was Spielmann's. I don't really care. Whether it be through FA or the draft, they've put together a damn good team.

If Tomlinson doesn't sign, we'll probably draft a RB in the 4th or 5th round. Personally, I hope thats the way it turns out. Tomlinson will be great for the Jets, no doubt... but I'd like to invest in a young player we can have for a long time.
    LOL, I hear ya my friend. Truth of the matter is, I believe almost every yutz out there comes here for article ideas.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast