Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Media + Front Office

I have a frusteration that I just need to get out, and I think many people share this same feeling. Does a fan really ever know what is coming?

NFL teams are so secretive and selective in their wording. Pretty much they are straight out saying they want to trade him now, but it is still a mystery if they actually will. First there were rumors, then Red said he is staying forever, then he said he will be gone after he sells the team, then he said he won't sell the team, then they said they are closer than ever to selling the team, then they said no again, then they said they will have it sold by the Super Bowl, then they said they are going to trade randy again. I know they put this all in the paper to send different messages to potential buyers and to teams looking to trade for Moss, but it is a real disservice to all of the fans who just want to know what to expect from their team!

I wish there was just some way they could tell us what is really happening!

Anyone else feel this way?
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

DaScRuM is offline Rookie

Media + Front Office

Remember, Red is a car salesman. Should tell you all you need to know. I think it is pretty obvious that Red has prepared this team for sale---gutting management, lowest paid coaching staff, and way under salary cap, etc. He probably needs to sell the Vikings at a hefty profit to help pay for his "playground" (actually, a resort) he's building in Colorado for his exclusive friends and relatives.

Moss? I think it just comes down to this----they will trade him if they can get what they want. Otherwise, he will be in purple, again.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Media + Front Office

No team in the NFL ever tells everything. They can't.

In the "Information Age", every tidbit that you release will be picked up by your opponents. So, you only release enough to whet appitites. After all, there's no point in telling the opposition everything you're doing...why make it easy for them to counter you?

Is Moss about to be traded? Who knows. Obviously, the media wants to believe so...and they found a "source inside the Viking Organization" to say so. Who that might be, of course, we'll never know.

It could be Tice, a coach, a front office person, or the old lady that swabs out the toilets for all we know. SOMEONE said what they wanted to hear, they don't have to prove the credibility of that person, and out comes the story.

We, as fans, have absolutely NO right to more information. We'll know once the deal is done - whether that's selling the team or trading Moss...or none of the above. There is no disservice since we have "No right to know".

It just FEELS like one. Probably because you - like the rest of us - are looking for hope for next season...a reason to believe we'll be better.

My advice, be patient. We'll know when we know, and there's nothing we can do - short of being hired by the Vikings - that will speed up that process.

Caine

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Media + Front Office

All these mixed signals are so we can get the most out of a trade or sale, if it does happen. We can't just admit that we will absolutely trade Moss, cause then his value will go way down. It is good business, and unfortunately it is very frustrating to us fans. We just have to be patient and have some fun debating wether certain trades will better the team or not. It isn't gonna be a long wait to see wether Moss is traded or not and wether red sells or not. those are somethingthat more than likely will happen not to long after the super bowl, I would think.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Media + Front Office

Yeah, i know, its just a bunch of games set to get what they want. I just wish it didn't have to be that way.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Mr. O is offline Starter

Media + Front Office

Speaking on behalf of the media I must say most writers don't use sources such as the cleaning lady. (although it was funny picturing some guy with a tape recorder asking a cleaning lady what's going on with the team). The sources are usually front office personnel or in many cases agents (when discussing a trade). Sometimes these sources are reliable, sometimes they are not. Most of the time, if a source has proven unreliable, the reporter will NOT use them again.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt