Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Meathead on Notice

I like Tice.. I hope he remains the coach.. He needs to win a lil more though.. Gimme a 10-6 season and I will be pleased!

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

That sad part is that like many of you I don't know if I should (support) give him more chances. When they hired him for one more year, I said I will tolerate it and see what happens cause there is not much you and I can do.

I try not to say too much bad shit about Tice but I do like to point out some truths (look like truths to me anyway) sometimes.

I honestly can't think of one thing that stands out in my mind that Tice has done that is good, please point out to me the good. I want to hear it if you got it.

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Oh ya, I almost forgot one of my points. People initially hate Parcells, but when they play for another coach, the want to go back to Parcells. Once the player MATURES, they get it. Tough, sometimes REALLY tough love is good. As long as you aren't beating your wife, K-Will, but that is another thread.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Here is a couple of quotes from the "Looney" article;

"The Vikings committed five turnovers, struggled to establish the run, failed to consistently protect the passer and witnessed a rash of breakdowns in communication and technique."

"Culpepper said he has "tremendous confidence" in Loney, noting that the offense's problems Sunday were due to poor execution."

Now are these results of poor coaching or poor execution? Even though Loney accepts the blame, I'm not 100% sold it's the coaching. I really don't know how the or what the coaches have been teaching these players so it's difficult to sit back & judge one way or the other. I'm leading towards poor execution. I've questioned the offensive play calling the past few years & still think their playbook is either to thin or the pages are stuck together. But regardless of the play that was called, we still failed to execute it properly.
    Another thing to keep in mind is even though the Bucks went 5-11 last year they had the no. 5 rated defense & Kiffin their defensive coordinator is one of the elite in the league. He found our offensive weaknesses & exploited it. That's what a good coach will do.
    I for one wouldn't start tossing out coaches after just 1 game. Besides, who are you going to replace them with that know are system? If their unemployed right now, their unemployed for a reason.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

6-KINGS Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Great, just what we need, an owner who thinks he knows how to manage and or coach a team..
    Almost as bad as an O-line coach thinking he knows how to manage and/or coach a team....or was it a used car salesman thinking that having an O-line coach on the cheap was the best solution for the team.
    At least the players like Tice.
    Oh ya that is right, we wouldn't want the guys that actually play the game to like their coach. That may mean they give extra effort.
    We need somebody they hate so they will play harder.
    I forgot all about that angle.

Geez, Cullpepper lost the game for us. It happens.
    Tice did not call "Fumble toss option" or "Overthrow 64 buttonhook" or "half jiggly butt" as a blocking scheme on the run plays.
    The players called those and executed them with flair and class.
    I never said the players have to hate the coach in order for him to be effective. A coach that has the capacity to make a game plan, adjust the game plan as needed, and has the ability to make decisions on the fly as needed is what I would like to see in the HC. Tice appears to be a nice guy, just not a great coach. Cris Carter mentioned a lot of guys like to play for him, that's great and that is definetly an asset that he brings as HC. He has yet to prove that he can win the games that end up being close and are dictated by the chess-like moves carried out by the coaching staff. He is not the only person to blame, but he is the team leader. Let him learn how to coach on someone elses time. The Vikings have a proud and winning tradition that should not be the training ground for unprepared head coaches.

My gripe on Tice is not due to the first game of the season. It is due to his leading the team to a 23-27 record since he took the helm in the last game of 2001. Demand excellence. Nothing less is acceptable.
    Ok then.......I'll kill him with a kaiser blade, some folks calls it a sling blade but I call it a kaiser blade. U-huh

:wink:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"snowinapril" wrote:
    That sad part is that like many of you I don't know if I should (support) give him more chances. When they hired him for one more year, I said I will tolerate it and see what happens cause there is not much you and I can do.

I try not to say too much bad pooh about Tice but I do like to point out some truths (look like truths to me anyway) sometimes.

I honestly can't think of one thing that stands out in my mind that Tice has done that is good, please point out to me the good. I want to hear it if you got it.

He took a team (that had just lost to Washington the week before, with the superstar WR walking off the field early and having a ton of controversy not only in the locker room but in the news) into Lambeau field against an arch rival that had beaten him twice earlier in the year and put an @$$ whoopin' on the place! How's that? Did it fit your criteria?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I Like Biscuits U-Hmmm

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Actually I think we have to let Tice pull this season together. It's his team and I believe we will get better as the season goes. Rome wasn't built in a day, so we will get it going and start to being a dominent team. We will continue to improve every game.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

If we improve everygame then will we win out the rest of the year?? lol jk

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234