PhillyVikes is offline Starter

Me at my first Vikes game 9-20-2004

You guys really need to stop whining, we lost to a great team, doesnt matter about the fumbling, the refs, or that T.O pass, we lost cause they beat us down!!!! I was at the game it was great!!! Our team played hard just made some stupid mistake and didnt catch the breaks we needed. Trust me winning in that stadium with those fans is tuff!!! What a great home field they have here, their fans are nutz, It was so fun to get boo'ed the whole game and be proud to be a Vikings fan. The thing that amazed me was at the end of the game alot of people shook my hand and said great game and you have balls for showing up for it and not let us get to you. I had a blast and think this team will be something as long as they dont let this game get to them.

GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

My first Vikes game was the Monday night game in Baltimore that was Tice's first game as head coach. It was the makeup game from 9-11, played in early January 2002. I froze my a$$ off and also took a lot of sh*t from Ravens fans, but many of the fans gave me props for wearing my Vikes gear to the game like you did. Of course, the Vikes lost that game as well, but I enjoyed it and it will be a great memory for me as well. My next scheduled Vikes game (unless I can find some way to get to Houston, New Orleans or Minneapolis for an earlier Vikes game) will be the last regular season game for the Vikes at FedEx Field against the Redskins. I am sure that the 'Skins fans will give me sh*t, but I expect that they will be civil (especially when I let them know that I hate the Cowgirls as much as they do). I have been to FedEx twice before, once in the end zone and the other in my firm's box seats. I am trying to get the box seats again for the Vikes game, but just in case I also got 4 tickets from someone else. Either way, I will be there cheering on the Vikes on their way to the Super Bowl.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Re: Me at my first Vikes game 9-20-2004

"PhillyVikes" wrote:
    You guys really need to stop whining, we lost to a great team, doesnt matter about the fumbling, the refs, or that T.O pass, we lost cause they beat us down!!!! I was at the game it was great!!! Our team played hard just made some stupid mistake and didnt catch the breaks we needed. Trust me winning in that stadium with those fans is tuff!!! What a great home field they have here, their fans are nutz, It was so fun to get boo'ed the whole game and be proud to be a Vikings fan. The thing that amazed me was at the end of the game alot of people shook my hand and said great game and you have balls for showing up for it and not let us get to you. I had a blast and think this team will be something as long as they dont let this game get to them.

GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting that. The reputation of Eagles fans has been blown up to a ridiculous degree that stories get fabricated and actual stories get changed to sound worse, etc. Reading your post made me smile.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

The first game I went to was at the Dome last year when we lost our first game to the Giants. ACK! What an ugly game, the offense was inconsistent, the Defense let the Giants march, and we blocked a punt and let them pick it up and run for a first down. :shaking: :angryfire:
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Man I hope the people at Lambeau are as nice to me this year after we beat them down and I am wearing my license plate around my neck as a necklace and in full viking regalia!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

my frist game and only game i've seen at the dome was when I was 5 or 6 they were playing the saints and they killed the saints that game at halftime some was talking and said something like please take it easy on my saints, needless to say the game was a blow out.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Re: Me at my first Vikes game 9-20-2004

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "PhillyVikes" wrote:

GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting that. The reputation of Eagles fans has been blown up to a ridiculous degree that stories get fabricated and actual stories get changed to sound worse, etc. Reading your post made me smile.
    Always gracious in victory. How do you think they crowd would have reacted if the Vikings had won?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.