Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Me and my brother went over the AFC vs. NFC stats....

You see he is a lowly Bronco's fan...And we were arguing about which league is better...I just said that the NFC was alot more even league while AFC has its standouts and then nobodies.....He won with a 5-2 on quality wins for each league

Quality wins I mean by a standout team in the NFC

Little did I know 3 of those five came against GB...Punks...But what was funny was that most of the AFC teams beat up on our weaker sisters such as Arizona, Dallas and carolina and washington(when at the beg. of the season they was horrible.....So I laugh at these idiotic announcers hyping up the AFC when its pretty close when it comes to good teams playing each other....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Nobody?

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The AFC has shown it is clearly superior to 2/3 of the NFC. However they won't be playing those 2/3 in the Playoffs, so in my mind anything can happen. Personally, I don't think I've seen a oring playoff game in a long time, no matter who was playing so it should be good.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Yeah but it was the superior AFC teams against the weaker NFC teams...Much more so then the other way around...So I believe that it could go either way...

By Pack93z

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Overall the NFC's been pretty pathetic against the AFC:

There are only three teams with winning records against AFC teams:
    Iggles : 2W - 1L
    Vikes : 3W - 1L
    Hotlanta : 3W - 1L

The 7 wins from these three teams count for most of the overall wins against the AFC, since the NFC is 12W - 30L against the AFC.

By division:
    NFC East : 4W - 10L
    NFC North : 6W - 9L
    NFC South : 7W - 9L
    NFC West : 2W - 11L (pathetic)

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Alright now look at the other teams that the AFC has played...Other then GB who stank it up with 3L...They still went against the weak teams of the NFC...

By Pack93z

I was just presenting the stats. Out of the 16 teams in the NFC there are only 4 with winning records overall, Philly, Atlanta, Vikes and Pack. Three of those teams have winning records against the AFC.

Philly beat Baltimore and Cleveland, but lost to Pittsburgh. They're yet to play Cinci at home.

Atlanta beat San Diego, Denver and Oakland, but lost to KC

Minny beat Houston, Tennessee and Jacksonville, but lost to Indy.

FudgePack beat Houston, but lost to Indy, Tennessee and Jacksonville.

The rest of the NFC are at or below .500 overall and have a record of 12W - 30L verses the AFC.

In addition, there are only 4 AFC teams with losing records against the NFC. Cleveland, Houston, Tennessee and KC. Houston and Tennessee were both beat up by the NFC North (except for the Pack)

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Anyone who even has had simple college stats knows you can work 'em as you want 'em. I am not sold on the AFC owns. Yeah, oh wait, Miami is an AFC team, so when they beat the Patriots that means no one but AFC can beat them, right? There was a fun article I read on, I believe, bah, damn memory NFL.com about early and late division games and such... but really, with free agency and all, even with the undisputed power in the universe, you know, the 3-4 defense, and of course, Belichick being an unannounced acended master come back to make America proud (i.e. Patriots) I just don't buy this. The silly pundits made waves about the AFC's undisputed supreme powers last year, but ohhh, at the time of those articles, they were behind in W-L to NFC. Being pundits, they explained that away, of course. We will see.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I don't care what anybody says...the Pats had a cheese cake schedule.....

But overall the AFC does have better teams than the NFC...

NFC
    1. Eagles
    2. Falcons
    3. Vikes
    4. GB

AFC
    1. Steelers
    2. Pats
    3. Colts
    4. Chargers
    5. Bills
    6. Jags
    7. Bills
    8. Ravens
    9. Jets
    and let's face it if Ricky Williams didn't retire..the Dolphins would have been right up there too... Imagine when they get Boston back tooo....

SO yes the AFC does have better teams and better talent than the NFC but when you put up our best against their best then naturally their will be some competition..but overall the AFC is better hands down..

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    I don't care what anybody says...the Pats had a cheese cake schedule.....
    Right on that bleedpurple. Outside of their divisional games they played the weekest division in the AFC (North), and the weekest division in the NFC (West). They played the two other AFC division winners from last year, Indianapolis - AT HOME, and AT KC who is having an off year.

That's a cream puff schedule for anyone, let alone last years Super Bowl winner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast