Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Me and Matt Blair

Here it is....

As I just put in the Members Pics threads I have a whole bunch more, but I dont want to act like some kind of bigshot posting them if it will come across as braggadoius. It is just a hobby I have. I very rarely go anywhere without my camera at least being in my car, or laptop bag, etc so I am never caught without my camera anymore

If you havent looked at the Members Pics ones I just put up today check this link. But before you scroll down too far see if you can identify who that is in the pic. Most people cant recognize him.

http://purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12068&start =930

Let me know if you want to see any other people, unfortunately that is the only two Vikings players I have ever met. Living out this way doesnt give me as much opportunity.

Ironically enough I am wearing the same shirt in both the Blair and Culpepper pictures even though they are nearly a year apart. I guess back then that was one of my favorite shirts, I know it was one of the first Ashworth Play-Dri shirts I had and I love how it felt in the hot weather. Especially that pic with Daunte, July in Daytona Beach it was a brutal day.

Daunte is a big boy isnt he? Referance his size compared to Blair in the other pic. I can remember the day when Culpepper got out of his car in the parking lot there in front of me like it was yesterday. I remember thinking man for a QB this guy is huge. Again for referance this was after we had drafted Daunte, but he hadnt taken a snap yet in the NFL so most people didnt know who he was.

If you go back many pages in the Members Pic thread (I have no idea where) I told the story of how I almost got to play a round of golf with Daunte. Man I cant believe that didnt happen now.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

dude, you are a big boy. Daunte is 6'5 and you look just as big. :shock:

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    dude, you are a big boy. Daunte is 6'5 and you look just as big. :shock:
    Michael,

A lot of the pics I have are with golfers so I am a lot bigger then them, the two exceptions are Charles Oakley here...

He is really a big boy.

And I have me and Kobe up on my wall and it is surprising how big he is.

I guess by the silence nobody wants to see more of the pics.

By the way Michael, I have always wanted to know. What the heck is that in your avatar? Where does that come from?

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

If you havent looked at the Members Pics ones I just put up today check this link. But before you scroll down too far see if you can identify who that is in the pic. Most people cant recognize him.

http://purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12068&start =930

Hey turboe, I looked at the pic and it looked like trump to me!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Yup. I say Trump, too.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Hail and Cojo you are correct. Very good, lots of people dont recognize him. He doesnt look like he does on TV does he?

Well here is an update. As you can imagine Matt Blair being the upstanding guy that you would expect him to be signed the picture and sent it back to me in less than 2 weeks and that was with the holidays and everything. Very nicely done "To Daryl #1 Vikings Fan" Matt Blair #59.

Now I just have to put it in a nice frame and up on my office wall of fame. I was going to scan the signed version to post here, but my laptop is dead out in my office right now (hopefully only for a couple more days) and so I am out in another room on the family desktop computer. If you want I can post it in a couple days when I get back operational in my office.

Anyway the other thing that is cool is that in sending off all the pictures with people that I have detailed on here and on the "Members Pics" thread very few of them take the time to write any accompaning note. They usually just sign the picture (which is very nice in and of itself by the way), but Matt Blair wrote me a nice little note on a seperate little note card that was very nice. Matt if you lurk on here and are reading this, be careful telling me to call you about a golf game, because you would be surprised that I will take you up on your offer.

What a great Christmas present.

Here is the pic as I got it back, it will be in a frame and up on my wall this afternoon. Just have to keep up my reputation as PPO's offical suckup, otherwise known as the Hamper Hider.

Here is the little personalized note that Matt wrote in when he returned it to me. I thought that was a very nice personal touch, and very cool.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I gotta pic of my mom with corey chavous, but I don't know were it is. If I find it I will post it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast