PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

McNabb vs. Culpepper, Colts D vs. Vikes D

though they both tend to choke in the big game, (a la Eagles vs. Pitt.<yesterday> and Giants vs. Vikes ) and both lack the confidence at times to overcome being behind by a couple TD's, i think Culpepper is easily the better QB. Other than not being able to hold onto the ball throughout his career, Culp is more decisive and throws with better accuracy... he is also faster, and doesn't need a person like moss or TO to win a game... though against the Giants it would have been nice but I figure it would have still had the same outcome with Moss in the game. Tonight, the Vikes will meet their match...#1 and #2 offenses and both with close to the bottom of the barrell defenses. at least the vikes are in the top ten in rushing yards allowed per game.

defense, to be exact:
    vikes
    8th in rushing yrds allowed per game with 106/g
    29th in recieving yrds allowed per game with 258.7/g
    23rd in scored against per game with 23.1 points/g

indy
    14th in rushing yrds per game with 112.9/g
    32nd (last in league) in rec yrds per game with a whopping 322.6/g (ouch)
    26th in scored against per game with 25.4

the difference is that I think the vikes D is much better than it sometimes plays and if it shows up, they can be quite a force.

anyway, the vikes team and culpepper win i think on both accounts...what do you all think?

skogs02 is offline Starter

i agree with you and i also think the winner of tonights game will be whatever defense steps up and makes a couple plays

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Defense will play a big part, but I think a lot of people are forgetting that Moss will not be in this game, so we will not have our entire explosive offense on the field. If the colt's offense does what it usually does then we will not be able to keep up with their scoring unless Daunte is really in the zone. I want to win just as much as you guys do, and we CAN do it, we need more than our D to step it up though, or recievers need to keep the numbers up as if Moss was actually in the game.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

[size=18px]McNabb, Where were you Yesterday
    [/size]
    Every good QB will have a bad game now and then.

Time for DC to play well tonight!!!!

GO Skolpepper!!!!

poult is offline Asst. Coach

if smith keeps up what he was doing before his vacation i think we can be alright. his longest play this year was actually a catch right? weve got RBs that can catch so hopefully with Moss out we'll still have a good air game. hell against that defense we better have a good air game.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Mossville is offline Starter

Re: McNabb vs. Culpepper, Colts D vs. Vikes D

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    though they both tend to choke in the big game, (a la Eagles vs. Pitt.<yesterday> and Giants vs. Vikes ) and both lack the confidence at times to overcome being behind by a couple TD's, i think Culpepper is easily the better QB. Other than not being able to hold onto the ball throughout his career, Culp is more decisive and throws with better accuracy... he is also faster, and doesn't need a person like moss or TO to win a game... though against the Giants it would have been nice but I figure it would have still had the same outcome with Moss in the game. Tonight, the Vikes will meet their match...#1 and #2 offenses and both with close to the bottom of the barrell defenses. at least the vikes are in the top ten in rushing yards allowed per game.

defense, to be exact:
    vikes
    8th in rushing yrds allowed per game with 106/g
    29th in recieving yrds allowed per game with 258.7/g
    23rd in scored against per game with 23.1 points/g

indy
    14th in rushing yrds per game with 112.9/g
    32nd (last in league) in rec yrds per game with a whopping 322.6/g (ouch)
    26th in scored against per game with 25.4

the difference is that I think the vikes D is much better than it sometimes plays and if it shows up, they can be quite a force.

anyway, the vikes team and culpepper win i think on both accounts...what do you all think?
    If Pep doesnt need Moss, then why in the world has our offense struggled the past 2 games. McNabb has led his team to 3 NFC tittle games without TO. Daunte has looked average since Moss has been out

Mossville, you are also forgetting that McNabb has had an above average or top 5 ranked defense in all of these years...therefore the offense doesnt have to put up that many points to win. QBs like Culpepper and Manning have had crappy Ds their whole career, so no matter how much they give it on offense, there is only so far they can go. McNabb is a great QB, but the facts that he has had a stellar O line and great D with him are overlooked. Give Daunte the Eagles defense even this year and we would be superbowl bound.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

the vikes D play much better with a lead as most teams do, dont forget that the vikes have had a lot of players out for extended periods of time. 55 has been hurt all season, 22 has been out all season and ej has been hurt as well and udeze, so we will be better on D sooner or later and i thank MTice and scott studwell for that