Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    AllDay28 is offline Waterboy

Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

I laugh at the "old and washed up" label that people are tagging McNabb with. He's 8 months younger then Peyton Manning, and and about 10 months older than Brady. I guess a guy can't have a down year anymore.

McNabb threw for 22 TD's, 10 picks, and had a qb rating over 92 the year before he went to Washington. That whole situation in DC was a circus, with Shannahan (one of the most overrated coaches in the history of the NFL) basically at the root of most of that teams problems. Yeah, McNabb had a bad year, but if you look at that team you will see that their entire offense was a disaster. Portis was shot, no weapons at the WR position, horrible O line. I think Shanny used McNabb as a scapegoat for the entire team, kinda like he did with Jake Plummer in Denver awhile ago.

I'm not saying that McNabb is going to come in here and light the world on fire or anything. What I am saying is it's a little too early to throw dirt on the guy. He's already a borderline HOF'er, still only 34, playing with the best running game he's ever had, and has some decent options at WR and TE, and he's back in a offense he's comfortable with. Regardless of what he says publicly, I'm sure he's motivated to come out and prove the haters wrong.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "AllDay28" #1104978
    I laugh at the "old and washed up" label that people are tagging McNabb with. He's 8 months younger then Peyton Manning, and and about 10 months older than Brady. I guess a guy can't have a down year anymore.

McNabb threw for 22 TD's, 10 picks, and had a qb rating over 92 the year before he went to Washington. That whole situation in DC was a circus, with Shannahan (one of the most overrated coaches in the history of the NFL) basically at the root of most of that teams problems. Yeah, McNabb had a bad year, but if you look at that team you will see that their entire offense was a disaster. Portis was shot, no weapons at the WR position, horrible O line. I think Shanny used McNabb as a scapegoat for the entire team, kinda like he did with Jake Plummer in Denver awhile ago.

I'm not saying that McNabb is going to come in here and light the world on fire or anything. What I am saying is it's a little too early to throw dirt on the guy. He's already a borderline HOF'er, still only 34, playing with the best running game he's ever had, and has some decent options at WR and TE, and he's back in a offense he's comfortable with. Regardless of what he says publicly, I'm sure he's motivated to come out and prove the haters wrong.
    I agree mostly with what you said, except for the last line. I don't think McNabb is motivated to do much of anything.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "AllDay28" #1104978
    Yeah, and he is also the same age as Daunte Culpepper and obviously his skills haven't diminished a bit either so I see your point.

McNabb threw for 22 TD's, 10 picks, and had a qb rating over 92 the year before he went to Washington.
    And Brett Farve had the best year of his career statistically in the same year but looked like crap last season.
    And when Rex grossman took over for McNabb he threw for 7 TD's and 4 Int's and was averaging almost 300 yards passing.

That whole situation in DC was a circus, with Shannahan (one of the most overrated coaches in the history of the NFL) basically at the root of most of that teams problems.
    It may be more of a circus around here considering the new staff and the turnover on the roster.

Yeah, McNabb had a bad year, but if you look at that team you will see that their entire offense was a disaster. Portis was shot, no weapons at the WR position, horrible O line. I think Shanny used McNabb as a scapegoat for the entire team, kinda like he did with Jake Plummer in Denver awhile ago.

Some day if I have the time I will tell you a story about a kick ass offense.

I'm not saying that McNabb is going to come in here and light the world on fire or anything. What I am saying is it's a little too early to throw dirt on the guy.
    Welcome to PP.O

He's already a borderline HOF'er, still only 34, playing with the best running game he's ever had,
    Westbrook was a more complete RB than Adrian is so it isn't like he played with scrubs.

and has some decent options at WR and TE, and he's back in a offense he's comfortable with.
    An offense he is comfortable with? This offense is completely different than what he had in Philly.

Regardless of what he says publicly, I'm sure he's motivated to come out and prove the haters wrong.
    I hope so. Consider me his prime motivation then.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104742
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104583
    Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104335
    This guy cant find his ass with both hands, how is he going to find the playoffs with this team. Of course he is satisfied, medoicrity is the order of the day with McChoke.
    Ponder will beat out McChoke.
    Let the McNabb vs Ponder debate & ensuing threads begin!

Only then can the "Bench McNabb, Start Ponder" threads begin,

followed by the "Bench Ponder, Start Webb" thread and subsequently the

"Start McNabb, bench Webb" thread.

Okay, maybe I overdid it and let emotion play into what I said but I cannot believe that most people think this is a good thing. Good Lord! You have got to be kidding me????? I just said what almost everyone else is thinking.
    And singer.......I never started one of those threads, and for the most part, dont participate in them. So I take umbrage to what you are implying....I am not wishy-washy. I dont like McNabb, and never will. No matter how many games he wins for the Vikings, even if its the biggest of all. Nope, still wont like him. Sure, he is a fine fella, does that help him win games?
    LOL! No need to take umbrage, Animal. I'm quite aware you don't start those kinds of threads & weren't even posting when we've been down this road.

All I'm saying is the debating has begun & it's just a matter of time before the QB debate threads begin & cycle thru the roster.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104924
    News flash:

We aren't going to compete anyway

This team is a hollow shell of the team that went 12-4 2 years ago and it is more than likely going to be worse than it was last season at 6-10. McChunky is only going to postpone the inevitable and that is a rebuild of the roster.

We let the core get too old, we used too much money signing free agents over the past 5 years that didn't win us a championship at it's peak, and we have no franchise QB in which to build the team around unless Ponder ends up being that guy and if he does, by the time he is ready guys like Kevin W, Antoine, Hutch and Kleinsasser will all be gone and guys like Allen, Shank and EJ will be past their prime and no longer at the top of their game and even AP might be getting long in the tooth. ( If indeed you subscribe to the 3-4 year QB development schedule). And if you feel a QB can develop faster then there is no need to wait for the old guy to get injured before you put the young guy in.
    What? I bet we are competive each and every game.

Whinny - Old yes, but if you limit his reps (and we will this year) he is fine coming in on nickle situations. Cook and/or Allen will be very good players. Lets not forget how much people on here hacked on Griff saying he sucked his first 2 or 3 years.

Hutch - Degeare did fine at RG as a rook. He will be a fine replacement. Just sucks at LG thats all.

Sauce - Blocking TE's are easy to come by. Ones like Sauce are a bit hard to find but are replacable none the less.

K-dubb = Ballard. Heck even Guion looks good at the 3 technique.

EJ = Jasper.

Ponder is the franchise and it won't take 3 years. Maybe 7 weeks.

What I will agree with you on is that you just can't keep running around trying to fix it through FA all the time (ala Dan Snyder). You have to build a team (ala Steelers/PUKERS) not buy a team.

We were doing pretty good at that in 2006, 2007 and 2008. Not sure why we deviated in 2009.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567