Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65
  1. #21
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    He hasn't won the superbowl, but he has won playoff games. Only 8 Qb's in NFL history have won more playoff games.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_starting_quarterback_playoff_records

  2. #22
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    Quote Originally Posted by "snowinapril" #1104543
    Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1104524
    I agree that it is in Ponder's best interest to sit for a year. And while I've never been a fan of McNabb, and wasn't a fan of trading for him, he's a Viking now, so that means he's got my full support.

    I don't want to see anyone on this team fail. And I'm sick of watching teams like the freaking Pukers develope amazing QB's while we watch season after season of us playing with a bandaid QB.

    McNabb isn't our future, but hopefully his experience in the league will help Ponder be a huge success.

    On the way to work this morning I was listening to KFAN and PA was talking about the plane ride to TN... he (McNabb)went to the back of the plane and sat with Ponder and a bunch of other young guys instead of sitting up with Hutch and the other vets, even after Hutch went back there specifically to tell him that there was room for him. PA also said he is very private about what happened in Washington. I can imagine it has to be embarrassing for him to talk about and remember. I sure as hell don't want to see a repeat of it here in MN!! I'm encouraged though with his obvious cooperation in helping Ponder with his game. I think that bodes well for this team because like him or not, McNabb may not have a SB ring, but he's made it to the dance. Choke or not.... I can't say I've seen any QB we've ever had take us there.
    Nicely put TNT!

    I listened to McNabb's interview on the "official website" and I thought he sounds intelligent, he is a savvy vet, knows football, and will be good for this team. I can't say that good for this team means we win the NFCN but I think he is the kind of guy that will make the team a better team, he has a personality that will work well with younger players like Ponder.

    I didn't have much expectations about this season, the lock out kicked our ass and we were coming off a tough season last year. BTW, we have the superbowl champs in our division.

    I can also see why there is the negativity around McNabb, but I still think most of the negativity from the Vikings fans stems around the lack of playoff wins and suberbowl wins, it wouldn't matter who we would put behind center there are always going to be negatives from the frustrated fans.
    Yes, nicely put Snow and TNT!!!
    But that doesnt help ME to cozy up to McNabb. I can be a Rah Rah, Hell, I wanted TJack to succeed here. And I knew it would'nt happen. Just like I know that McChoke is not going to help here.
    And BTW, the SB Champs BARELY made to the postseason, so "I" am not intimidated by that fact. And if it were up to me......MCNABB WOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO PONDER!!!!! Hell, McChoke doesnt even know the rules to the game. His snafus were after he had been in the league for what, 5 years? Okay, he is a Viking now, rah rah!!!!!!?????? How can I be excited about someone that says the proper things and smiles and jokes about his position and after the first preseason game, "we are where we need to be"? Does ANYONE THINK that we are really where we need to be???? Sorry, keep the sunshine pump!!!!
    And I believe that if not for a few things that went wrong in '98 and in '09, we would be SB Champs. or least have played in two. Then there is Dumbpepper, Vikings had a really good team then, and he was about useless without Moss didnt we find out. I called that one too. But at first I was excited, but when Saucer is standing 15 yards down the field doing jumping jacks because he is SO WIDE OPEN and its costs a game because he DIDNT see him, I lost all hope in that JA getting us anywhere but in pool of mediocrity. So, I am very critical of the QB position, as well it should be. Get me a REAL QB, and I will be driving the bandwagon. Until then, rolling eyes and shaking my head.

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104560
    Quote Originally Posted by "snowinapril" #1104543
    Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1104524
    I agree that it is in Ponder's best interest to sit for a year. And while I've never been a fan of McNabb, and wasn't a fan of trading for him, he's a Viking now, so that means he's got my full support.

    I don't want to see anyone on this team fail. And I'm sick of watching teams like the freaking Pukers develope amazing QB's while we watch season after season of us playing with a bandaid QB.

    McNabb isn't our future, but hopefully his experience in the league will help Ponder be a huge success.

    On the way to work this morning I was listening to KFAN and PA was talking about the plane ride to TN... he (McNabb)went to the back of the plane and sat with Ponder and a bunch of other young guys instead of sitting up with Hutch and the other vets, even after Hutch went back there specifically to tell him that there was room for him. PA also said he is very private about what happened in Washington. I can imagine it has to be embarrassing for him to talk about and remember. I sure as hell don't want to see a repeat of it here in MN!! I'm encouraged though with his obvious cooperation in helping Ponder with his game. I think that bodes well for this team because like him or not, McNabb may not have a SB ring, but he's made it to the dance. Choke or not.... I can't say I've seen any QB we've ever had take us there.
    Nicely put TNT!

    I listened to McNabb's interview on the "official website" and I thought he sounds intelligent, he is a savvy vet, knows football, and will be good for this team. I can't say that good for this team means we win the NFCN but I think he is the kind of guy that will make the team a better team, he has a personality that will work well with younger players like Ponder.

    I didn't have much expectations about this season, the lock out kicked our ass and we were coming off a tough season last year. BTW, we have the superbowl champs in our division.

    I can also see why there is the negativity around McNabb, but I still think most of the negativity from the Vikings fans stems around the lack of playoff wins and suberbowl wins, it wouldn't matter who we would put behind center there are always going to be negatives from the frustrated fans.
    Yes, nicely put Snow and TNT!!!
    But that doesnt help ME to cozy up to McNabb. I can be a Rah Rah, Hell, I wanted TJack to succeed here. And I knew it would'nt happen. Just like I know that McChoke is not going to help here.
    And BTW, the SB Champs BARELY made to the postseason, so "I" am not intimidated by that fact. And if it were up to me......MCNABB WOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO PONDER!!!!! Hell, McChoke doesnt even know the rules to the game. His snafus were after he had been in the league for what, 5 years? Okay, he is a Viking now, rah rah!!!!!!?????? How can I be excited about someone that says the proper things and smiles and jokes about his position and after the first preseason game, "we are where we need to be"? Does ANYONE THINK that we are really where we need to be???? Sorry, keep the sunshine pump!!!!
    And I believe that if not for a few things that went wrong in '98 and in '09, we would be SB Champs. or least have played in two. Then there is Dumbpepper, Vikings had a really good team then, and he was about useless without Moss didnt we find out. I called that one too. But at first I was excited, but when Saucer is standing 15 yards down the field doing jumping jacks because he is SO WIDE OPEN and its costs a game because he DIDNT see him, I lost all hope in that JA getting us anywhere but in pool of mediocrity. So, I am very critical of the QB position, as well it should be. Get me a REAL QB, and I will be driving the bandwagon. Until then, rolling eyes and shaking my head.
    And that's why you're not a coach.

    And yes, considering the offseason, I think we ARE where we need to be. Or at least as far along as we could hope to be. Expecting more would be foolhardy because we simply aren't going to be there yet. Putting Ponder in instead of McNabb just because you don't like him would make the situation even worse.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1104519
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104495
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1104454
    COULD it happen? I guess so. SHOULD it happen? No.

    Emphatically no.

    Geez, we have the chance for something special with Ponder. Do we really have to rush him out there and risk what we have? Would inserting Ponder in the lineup at any time this season significantly increase the chance of us making the post season? No.

    I think that Ponder is going to do some good things in purple. Just not this year. And honestly, McNabb looked decent out there on Sat - at least for the first preseason game.
    As usual a couple of good discussion points in there......

    If rushing him out there is gonna hurt him why wait to find that out? If it is gonna mess with his head now, it will mess with his head later. I for one don't think he is the type that will let it mess with his head.

    Would it increase our chances of getting to the playoffs? Doubt it, but at some point, if we realize we aren't going to get there with Dnabb under C, it is time to run him out there.

    Agree with the Dnabb early assesment. One thing that I like to see out of him has nothing to do with his on field performance, but the early draws we are seeing at camp, especially on his first day practicing.

    Seems that there is alot of hope that springs eternal with his arrival. I know there is a bit at the Marrdro household.
    It has nothing to do with messing with his head. It has everything to do with his preparation to have a decent career in the NFL. Quite simply, Ponder has a much better chance to be successful in the NFL if he is given some time to prepare and learn before becoming the starter. When players are put into situations before they are ready, they develop habits to compensate for what they don't have. Sometimes those habits, like throwing motion, are very hard to correct later.

    I for one would like to maximize the chances that Ponder is a great QB for the Vikings for years to come. Letting him learn on the bench for a year helps increase those chances.
    My bad, I thought the issue was related to his mental makeup. Atleast for me, that is the real issue with running a kid out there to early.

    The bad habit discussion point is a good one to go down. How would it change his throwing motion?

    When I watched guys like Carr and Smith struggle, it wasn't related to if they could still throw the ball, both of them still can but what I see is a guy who's confidence is gone which affects his decision making process which in turn messes with his timing and eventual release of the ball, often times getting the ball to the reciever to late.

    Is that what you mean?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1104524
    I agree that it is in Ponder's best interest to sit for a year. And while I've never been a fan of McNabb, and wasn't a fan of trading for him, he's a Viking now, so that means he's got my full support.

    I don't want to see anyone on this team fail. And I'm sick of watching teams like the freaking Pukers develope amazing QB's while we watch season after season of us playing with a bandaid QB.

    McNabb isn't our future, but hopefully his experience in the league will help Ponder be a huge success.

    On the way to work this morning I was listening to KFAN and PA was talking about the plane ride to TN... he (McNabb)went to the back of the plane and sat with Ponder and a bunch of other young guys instead of sitting up with Hutch and the other vets, even after Hutch went back there specifically to tell him that there was room for him. PA also said he is very private about what happened in Washington. I can imagine it has to be embarrassing for him to talk about and remember. I sure as hell don't want to see a repeat of it here in MN!! I'm encouraged though with his obvious cooperation in helping Ponder with his game. I think that bodes well for this team because like him or not, McNabb may not have a SB ring, but he's made it to the dance. Choke or not.... I can't say I've seen any QB we've ever had take us there.
    I give Freya lots of props for being a smart football chick. Sometimes I forget that your wise beyond your years as well.

    Awesome post.

    I think you could see it in Dnabbs motions last year that he really didn't want to be a Deadskin. Truth of the matter, atleast the way I saw it, he sure didn't seem to really be at his best.

    For the most part I attributed that to what I assumed was a severe drop in talent and the reason the Iggles let him go. Now I'm not so sure about that. Again, I think he just didn't want to be there. That and that alone could account for his severe drop in production.

    Thats how I've rationalized it anyways.

    Again, great post.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    Quote Originally Posted by "snowinapril" #1104543
    Nicely put TNT!

    I listened to McNabb's interview on the "official website" and I thought he sounds intelligent, he is a savvy vet, knows football, and will be good for this team. I can't say that good for this team means we win the NFCN but I think he is the kind of guy that will make the team a better team, he has a personality that will work well with younger players like Ponder.

    I didn't have much expectations about this season, the lock out kicked our ass and we were coming off a tough season last year. BTW, we have the superbowl champs in our division.

    I can also see why there is the negativity around McNabb, but I still think most of the negativity from the Vikings fans stems around the lack of playoff wins and suberbowl wins, it wouldn't matter who we would put behind center there are always going to be negatives from the frustrated fans.
    Wow, a Sno sighting. Hope all is well my friend.

    Wish I could hear KFAN at work. Alas, that isn't allowed, however, the interviews I've had the opportunity to listen to/read have been very impressive and I think he is the right fit at the right time and more importantly, at the right price.

    Again, glad to see ya around......and love the avatar.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1104561
    Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104560
    Quote Originally Posted by "snowinapril" #1104543
    Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1104524
    I agree that it is in Ponder's best interest to sit for a year. And while I've never been a fan of McNabb, and wasn't a fan of trading for him, he's a Viking now, so that means he's got my full support.

    I don't want to see anyone on this team fail. And I'm sick of watching teams like the freaking Pukers develope amazing QB's while we watch season after season of us playing with a bandaid QB.

    McNabb isn't our future, but hopefully his experience in the league will help Ponder be a huge success.

    On the way to work this morning I was listening to KFAN and PA was talking about the plane ride to TN... he (McNabb)went to the back of the plane and sat with Ponder and a bunch of other young guys instead of sitting up with Hutch and the other vets, even after Hutch went back there specifically to tell him that there was room for him. PA also said he is very private about what happened in Washington. I can imagine it has to be embarrassing for him to talk about and remember. I sure as hell don't want to see a repeat of it here in MN!! I'm encouraged though with his obvious cooperation in helping Ponder with his game. I think that bodes well for this team because like him or not, McNabb may not have a SB ring, but he's made it to the dance. Choke or not.... I can't say I've seen any QB we've ever had take us there.
    Nicely put TNT!

    I listened to McNabb's interview on the "official website" and I thought he sounds intelligent, he is a savvy vet, knows football, and will be good for this team. I can't say that good for this team means we win the NFCN but I think he is the kind of guy that will make the team a better team, he has a personality that will work well with younger players like Ponder.

    I didn't have much expectations about this season, the lock out kicked our ass and we were coming off a tough season last year. BTW, we have the superbowl champs in our division.

    I can also see why there is the negativity around McNabb, but I still think most of the negativity from the Vikings fans stems around the lack of playoff wins and suberbowl wins, it wouldn't matter who we would put behind center there are always going to be negatives from the frustrated fans.
    Yes, nicely put Snow and TNT!!!
    But that doesnt help ME to cozy up to McNabb. I can be a Rah Rah, Hell, I wanted TJack to succeed here. And I knew it would'nt happen. Just like I know that McChoke is not going to help here.
    And BTW, the SB Champs BARELY made to the postseason, so "I" am not intimidated by that fact. And if it were up to me......MCNABB WOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO PONDER!!!!! Hell, McChoke doesnt even know the rules to the game. His snafus were after he had been in the league for what, 5 years? Okay, he is a Viking now, rah rah!!!!!!?????? How can I be excited about someone that says the proper things and smiles and jokes about his position and after the first preseason game, "we are where we need to be"? Does ANYONE THINK that we are really where we need to be???? Sorry, keep the sunshine pump!!!!
    And I believe that if not for a few things that went wrong in '98 and in '09, we would be SB Champs. or least have played in two. Then there is Dumbpepper, Vikings had a really good team then, and he was about useless without Moss didnt we find out. I called that one too. But at first I was excited, but when Saucer is standing 15 yards down the field doing jumping jacks because he is SO WIDE OPEN and its costs a game because he DIDNT see him, I lost all hope in that JA getting us anywhere but in pool of mediocrity. So, I am very critical of the QB position, as well it should be. Get me a REAL QB, and I will be driving the bandwagon. Until then, rolling eyes and shaking my head.
    And that's why you're not a coach.

    And yes, considering the offseason, I think we ARE where we need to be. Or at least as far along as we could hope to be. Expecting more would be foolhardy because we simply aren't going to be there yet. Putting Ponder in instead of McNabb just because you don't like him would make the situation even worse.
    LOl, oh well...we will see how it plays out. I have mine, you have yours. I think that McNabbs recent play over the past few years not just last year is the reason I didnt want McNabb here. Not because Im not his biggest fan. anyone catch the number of that bus?

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104569
    LOl, oh well...we will see how it plays out. I have mine, you have yours. I think that McNabbs recent play over the past few years not just last year is the reason I didnt want McNabb here. Not because Im not his biggest fan. anyone catch the number of that bus?
    To be fair, I don't think that McNabb is the answer either. He wasn't my first choice, nor do I think he is going to lead us to the promised land. But I do think that having a veteran start at QB this year while Ponder learns the system and adjusts to the speed of the NFL is the best course of action for the team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104569
    LOl, oh well...we will see how it plays out. I have mine, you have yours. I think that McNabbs recent play over the past few years not just last year is the reason I didnt want McNabb here. Not because Im not his biggest fan. anyone catch the number of that bus?
    You know me, I would have just about killed to have anyone other than what we did have under center last year, even Dnabb.

    Then I watched him play last year and changed my mind about wanting him (not the other guy).

    Now I'm not so sure that what we saw last year was related to a drastic slip in ability but more along the lines of a guy who didn't want to be someplace trying to carry a team that he didn't want to carry.

    Don't forget, in 09 (over 3,500 yards, 22 TDs, 10 INT's) he had one of his most productive seasons which leads me to believe that productivity wasn't the reason he was let lose. I think the Iggles staff had to much talent (Dnabb, Kolb, Vick) when it came to potential starters and all of them were gonna ask for more money.

    Someone had to go and I think because of his injury issues (only completed all 16 games 4 times since 99) he was the first to get jettisoned.

    Issue, for the Vikes, now becomes the same issue that got him let lose by the Iggles, can we keep him healthy.

    Atleast long enough for Ponder to get his feet under him so that if Dnabb does go down, there won't be that big of a drop off.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

    Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104335
    This guy cant find his ass with both hands, how is he going to find the playoffs with this team. Of course he is satisfied, medoicrity is the order of the day with McChoke.
    Ponder will beat out McChoke.
    Let the McNabb vs Ponder debate & ensuing threads begin!

    Only then can the "Bench McNabb, Start Ponder" threads begin,

    followed by the "Bench Ponder, Start Webb" thread and subsequently the

    "Start McNabb, bench Webb" thread.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. McNabb has bright outlook with offense mentorship
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 06:16 PM
  2. Vikings Nab McNabb!
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 09:04 PM
  3. Vote: McNabb For Vikings QB in 08'
    By IBleedPurple11 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 07:41 AM
  4. McNabb to Vikings?
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 10:31 AM
  5. 2006 Vikings offense=2003 Chiefs offense
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 01:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •