Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: McNabb: Vikings offense is where it needs to be

Quote Originally Posted by "RK." #1104450
    Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104335
    This guy cant find his ass with both hands, how is he going to find the playoffs with this team. Of course he is satisfied, medoicrity is the order of the day with McChoke.
    Ponder will beat out McChoke.
    Geeze it's so early in the season for silly posts. :P You can't really think we brought in a veteran QB and are paying him 7 million to sit on the bench. Please.... McNabb is our QB this year for better or worse. It will really come down to whether the O-Line will pull it together or not. If they don't our season will suck, if they do then who knows how far we will go.
    I thought the contract was for 1 year, $5 mil with 2 Mil incentives. Compensation was a 6th rounder next year and a conditional 6th rounder in 2013.

Still can't get Rotoworld to update so I can't verify that. Regardless, 5 Mil/7 Mil, pretty cheap when you consider what some teams have paid for starters of late.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Yea, sure, its a silly post. If it is so silly, why did the Redskins give away McCrab so easily? Why is he not in Philly still? Oh that's right, it is silly to talk about such a veteran in that way. EXCUSE ME!!!!!
    Five or Seven million, who cares?
    I would have been excited maybe 5 years ago. Maybe. Ive never been a McChoke fan so why would I think that he would be a viable option for the Vikings? Are we not allowed to have a negative opinion on a starting QB? Maybe I could have worded it different to make it less silly, just to satisfy others. But what fun would that be?
    Would it be silly to say that just because Favre came in here and wowed everyone for one year, that McHack can come here and do the same thing....that is what everyone is hoping for, right?
    I dont see it at all. He will be doing the same for us as he did for Philly and Washington of late. It would have not hurt my feelings in the least if he went and REVAMPED his career elsewhere. Since that is not going to happen now, all "I" can do is hope that Ponder is the real deal. If he is, it will all take care of itself. And IF Ponder does, who wouldnt sit McNabb if he stunk up the place?
    Didnt REX GROSSMAN of all QB's beat McNabb out of the starting job last year?or Grossman won the job by default because the other QB wasnt cutting the mustard?
    Oh, and if it is the Vikings team that make these vets so good, why didnt we keep TJack, wasnt he the second coming of McNabb?
    I dont believe in that Rah Rah BS because he is here crap.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104510
    Yea, sure, its a silly post. If it is so silly, why did the Redskins give away McCrab so easily? Why is he not in Philly still? Oh that's right, it is silly to talk about such a veteran in that way. EXCUSE ME!!!!!
    I would have been excited maybe 5 years ago. Maybe. Ive never been a McChoke fan so why would I think that he would be a viable option for the Vikings? Are we not allowed to have a negative opinion on a starting QB? Maybe I could have worded it different to make it less silly, just to satisfy others. But what fun would that be?
    Would it be silly to say that just because Favre came in here and wowed everyone for one year, that McHack can come here and do the same thing....that is what everyone is hoping for, right?
    I dont see it at all. He will be doing the same for us as he did for Philly and Washington of late. It would have not hurt my feelings in the least if he went and REVAMPED his career elsewhere. Since that is not going to happen now, all "I" can do is hope that Ponder is the real deal. If he is, it will all take care of itself. And IF Ponder does, who wouldnt sit McNabb if he stunk up the place?
    Didnt REX GROSSMAN of all QB's beat McNabb out of the starting job last year?or Grossman won the job by default because the other QB wasnt cutting the mustard?
    Oh, and if it is the Vikings team that make these vets so good, why didnt we keep TJack, wasnt he the second coming of McNabb?
    At this point Ponder hasn't even beat out Joe Webb for the #2 spot, so yes...it is a little silly to assume that Ponder will beat out McNabb for the starting position.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104495
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1104454
    COULD it happen? I guess so. SHOULD it happen? No.

Emphatically no.

Geez, we have the chance for something special with Ponder. Do we really have to rush him out there and risk what we have? Would inserting Ponder in the lineup at any time this season significantly increase the chance of us making the post season? No.

I think that Ponder is going to do some good things in purple. Just not this year. And honestly, McNabb looked decent out there on Sat - at least for the first preseason game.
    As usual a couple of good discussion points in there......

If rushing him out there is gonna hurt him why wait to find that out? If it is gonna mess with his head now, it will mess with his head later. I for one don't think he is the type that will let it mess with his head.

Would it increase our chances of getting to the playoffs? Doubt it, but at some point, if we realize we aren't going to get there with Dnabb under C, it is time to run him out there.

Agree with the Dnabb early assesment. One thing that I like to see out of him has nothing to do with his on field performance, but the early draws we are seeing at camp, especially on his first day practicing.

Seems that there is alot of hope that springs eternal with his arrival. I know there is a bit at the Marrdro household.
    It has nothing to do with messing with his head. It has everything to do with his preparation to have a decent career in the NFL. Quite simply, Ponder has a much better chance to be successful in the NFL if he is given some time to prepare and learn before becoming the starter. When players are put into situations before they are ready, they develop habits to compensate for what they don't have. Sometimes those habits, like throwing motion, are very hard to correct later.

I for one would like to maximize the chances that Ponder is a great QB for the Vikings for years to come. Letting him learn on the bench for a year helps increase those chances.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

I am under the opinion that C-Po(I guess that's what I'll call him) is at best suited to sit out for a season and absorb as much as he can through purple osmosis.

That being said I believe that if the Oline doesn't hold up McNabb will become one big McScab and we will be calling on our 2nd string qb which is yet to be determined.

In summary I believe it's in cpo's best interest to sit, but may be called upon sooner than later.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I agree that it is in Ponder's best interest to sit for a year. And while I've never been a fan of McNabb, and wasn't a fan of trading for him, he's a Viking now, so that means he's got my full support.

I don't want to see anyone on this team fail. And I'm sick of watching teams like the freaking Pukers develope amazing QB's while we watch season after season of us playing with a bandaid QB.

McNabb isn't our future, but hopefully his experience in the league will help Ponder be a huge success.

On the way to work this morning I was listening to KFAN and PA was talking about the plane ride to TN... he (McNabb)went to the back of the plane and sat with Ponder and a bunch of other young guys instead of sitting up with Hutch and the other vets, even after Hutch went back there specifically to tell him that there was room for him. PA also said he is very private about what happened in Washington. I can imagine it has to be embarrassing for him to talk about and remember. I sure as hell don't want to see a repeat of it here in MN!! I'm encouraged though with his obvious cooperation in helping Ponder with his game. I think that bodes well for this team because like him or not, McNabb may not have a SB ring, but he's made it to the dance. Choke or not.... I can't say I've seen any QB we've ever had take us there.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "TheAnimal93" #1104510
    I just moved you to a special spreadsheet for those who get it.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1104524
    I agree that it is in Ponder's best interest to sit for a year. And while I've never been a fan of McNabb, and wasn't a fan of trading for him, he's a Viking now, so that means he's got my full support.

I don't want to see anyone on this team fail. And I'm sick of watching teams like the freaking Pukers develope amazing QB's while we watch season after season of us playing with a bandaid QB.

McNabb isn't our future, but hopefully his experience in the league will help Ponder be a huge success.

On the way to work this morning I was listening to KFAN and PA was talking about the plane ride to TN... he (McNabb)went to the back of the plane and sat with Ponder and a bunch of other young guys instead of sitting up with Hutch and the other vets, even after Hutch went back there specifically to tell him that there was room for him. PA also said he is very private about what happened in Washington. I can imagine it has to be embarrassing for him to talk about and remember. I sure as hell don't want to see a repeat of it here in MN!! I'm encouraged though with his obvious cooperation in helping Ponder with his game. I think that bodes well for this team because like him or not, McNabb may not have a SB ring, but he's made it to the dance. Choke or not.... I can't say I've seen any QB we've ever had take us there.
    Nicely put TNT!

I listened to McNabb's interview on the "official website" and I thought he sounds intelligent, he is a savvy vet, knows football, and will be good for this team. I can't say that good for this team means we win the NFCN but I think he is the kind of guy that will make the team a better team, he has a personality that will work well with younger players like Ponder.

I didn't have much expectations about this season, the lock out kicked our ass and we were coming off a tough season last year. BTW, we have the superbowl champs in our division.

I can also see why there is the negativity around McNabb, but I still think most of the negativity from the Vikings fans stems around the lack of playoff wins and suberbowl wins, it wouldn't matter who we would put behind center there are always going to be negatives from the frustrated fans.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

I think Ponder is definitely the future.

But..
    I think McNabb has enough left in the tank to make at least one more Super Bowl run. It won't be easy but if everyone plays their heart out I believe we have as good a chance as anyone to win the Super Bowl this year.

Just my two pennies.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Atta Boy. Have another Kool Aid lol.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast