singersp is offline PPO Newshound

McNabb outside the pocket

Air and Space: McNabb outside the pocket

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ide-the-pocket

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I did notice on one play last Sunday that when he stayed in the pocket he got the"happy feet" reminiscent of Brad Johnson on his first stint with us.

Did anyone else notice that or how often he does it when he's in the pocket?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    "I think people are seeing teams throwing deep balls for 60, 70-yard touchdowns," McNabb said. "And that's going to come. But you have to methodically move the ball downfield and move the chains and we [are] able to do that."
    Hmmmmm, almost sounds as if they are still working through some timing issues. Hasn't some yutz been spewing forth that drivel?

.....snicker.....

On a side note, that same yutz said that one of our main issues with last years passing attack was our QB's inability to roll out because its a staple of the scheme.

Seems like, now that we have a cat than can roll out, a passing attack will get better instead of worse.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He has always done that. And in the pocket his mechanics are always god awful which is why his welcome was short in Washington. He doesn't step into his throws, often throws off the wrong foot and yes, he gets happy feet.

When he gets out of the pocket and throws on the run the mechanical problems go away because he isn't stopping, setting and throwing.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Hmmmmm, almost sounds as if they are still working through some timing issues. Hasn't some yutz been spewing forth that drivel?

.....snicker.....

On a side note, that same yutz said that one of our main issues with last years passing attack was our QB's inability to roll out because its a staple of the scheme.

Seems like, now that we have a cat than can roll out, a passing attack will get better instead of worse.
    Not if he can't hit the broad side of a barn and not if that barn has hands of stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

.....snicker.....
    Hmmm, sounds more as though those timing issues should have been worked out prior to the start of the regular season.

Although it's hard to give them ample time together to get their timing down pat when you elect to keep them out of week 4 of preseason & practices for fear of injury.

As I've stated several times earlier, I guess Frazier feels it's better to work the kinks out during regular season at the cost of losing games instead.