Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: McNabb to MN: Let the complaining/rejoicing begin

Quote Originally Posted by "VikesFan787" #1103804
    Everyone chill, we will win the Super Bowl.
    Yep, and 2057 can't get here fast enough for the L.A. Vikings.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: i am back and another washed up qb

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1103811
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1103803
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1103801
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1103797
    I think it should be noted that McNabb is not that old. He's 34, younger than Peyton Manning and only a couple months older than Tom Brady. He's younger than Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, brett favre, Gus Ferrotte, or Warren Moon when they came to the Vikings.
    Difference being Brady and Manning played well enough to not get traded off in favor of a felon dog murderer. Also McNabb saw a drop off in performance last year and Manning and Brady were still Manning and Brady.

Additionally McNabb has an injury history and the other two QBs don't.

It is an interesting note though, absolutely.
    Well yeah those guys are better than McNabb, I was just addressing the age concerns.
    McNabb was not traded so Vick could start, he was traded so Kolb, who was drafted 36th overall in 07, could be the QB of the future. The eagles were following the formula that worked for the Packers. Vick didn't enter the equation til later.
    McNabb didn't play at all poorly in 09. He completed over 60% for over 3500yds 22td 10int, plus 2 rushing TDs. 92.9QB rating. And made the playoffs with an 11-5 record(10-4 as the starter). Washington gave up a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick for him.
    That's right, my mistake - he was traded off in favor of Kevin Kolb. Not sure that's a whole lot better though.

Don't get me wrong, I like the McNabb pick up. I just didn't like the Manning/Brady comparison. They may all be the same age, but McNabb has taken a lot more abuse and was never at the level of those two to begin with.

I think the thing to take away from your point is not to dismiss him as a garbage QB just because he's 34 years old, correct?
    Exactly. 34 is the new 30 for nfl QB's. When you look at the list of superbowl Qb's there are more guys in there 30s than 20s on the list.
    http://football.about.com/cs/superbowl/a/sbquarterbacks.htm

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1103812
    Quote Originally Posted by "VikesFan787" #1103804
    Everyone chill, we will win the Super Bowl.
    Yep, and 2057 can't get here fast enough for the L.A. Vikings.
    Lol, I honestly think we will be good though.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

How many people have actually seen him in action this year? I saw him on Saturday at the night scrimmage and he looks very slow and out of shape. He does have an incredibly quick release and a huge arm but his footwork is slow and I am not sure he is going to be all that mobile in the pocket like he was in his younger days.

If you are hanging your hopes for the season on his shoulder be prepared for your annual letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103870
    How many people have actually seen him in action this year? I saw him on Saturday at the night scrimmage and he looks very slow and out of shape. He does have an incredibly quick release and a huge arm but his footwork is slow and I am not sure he is going to be all that mobile in the pocket like he was in his younger days.

If you are hanging your hopes for the season on his shoulder be prepared for your annual letdown.
    Judging how he looked in a scrimmage after only two practices. Pretty hasty judgement.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Bill Romanowski says lazy McNabb couldnt fit with Shanahan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/10/bill-romanowski-says-lazy-mcnabb-couldnt-fit-with-shanahan/

The reason why Donovan McNabb is not in Washington right now is because he was lazy, Romanowski said. He didnt spend the time. Mike Shanahan likes guys who will work really hard. I narrow it down to two things. Hes either lazy, or hes not very bright to pick up the offense. One or the other. I think hes bright enough, I just think he was lazy.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122