Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: McNabb to MN: Let the complaining/rejoicing begin

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1101217

We can easily win the NFC south. We beat every team except the G-Men in the NFC east. What are you talking about? I know it's doom and gloom but this team is capable of playing with anyone. Lets see how training camp goes.
    Did the Saints, Falcons and Bucs leave the NFCS?

Look, the reality is we are going to lose guys, bring in new guys, we have a rookie coaching staff and still have Wilf as an owner who so far has not shown he has the chops to hang with the big boys.

Could they win? I suppose, but then again TJ could be league MVP. Are either likely to happen? No.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101222
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101221
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1101190
    I don't understand people that say this team is not Superbowl Ready. Like teams that make the Superbowl are these amazing teams. We are in the top 10 of teams in the league and we are ready to contend.

Jets - Are starting an average QB, Average RB, 1 Wrs and Te. Average DL, Good Lbs and A mix and match secondary. As a team, they aren't light years ahead of us.

Steelers - A good QB, Good run game, Decent WR, Average TE, Old DL, Mix and match LB corps. Good Dbs. Again, where is the amazing team team of unbelievable talent?

Pats - Elite QB, below average run game, below average WRs, Mix and match OL, Mix and match DL, LBs, and Dbs.

Vikings - Good QB in McNabb (write it down)
    Elite run game, Mix bag of WRs, Average OL, Above average DL, Above Average LB corps, Solid DBs. Our team is going places and the biggest Questions marks are WR and OL. Addign almost anyone with talent at the safety positions will improve this team.

You guys are drinking the same toilet bowl of shit the broadcasters drink. This team is playoff bound. We just need time time gel.
    YUP, another one on the "I have a clue" spreadsheet.

Fricken amazing how the tides shift on this site my friend.

Funny that you mentioned shit broadcasters. Most of those yutzs even know how good the Vikings are and how good a fit the Dnabb thing is especially considering that we have Ponder on the bench.

One thing they keep saying though, is, that they really need Rice back. That I agree with as well.
    I look at it this way. To be a legitimate championship team, you need to be a top-4 team in the league.

I truly do not believe we are a top-4 team. top-10 is a stretch.

Do we have the talent to beat anybody? Sure.

tere are upsets all the time. Can we consistently beat good teams? That's the issue.
    At this time last year were the Packers a top 4 team?
    Things change very quickly in the NFL. 1st to last and last to first is the norm not the exception.
    If McNabb has even an average year he is going to have 10more TD and 10 fewer turnovers than Favre had in 2010. That could easily translate to 4 more wins and a playoff birth. Once in the playoffs every team has a chance.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1101144
    Sources: Vikings Have Trade for McNabb

Hmmmm. Sounds like there is still some work left to do.
    The one sticking point now appears to be McNabb's concern Tuesday night about how the Vikings' side of the situation was handled. Sources said there were some in the organization who expressed a preference in acquiring quarterback Tyler Thigpen, who since has agreed to terms with the Buffalo Bills.
    Looks like someone has some 'splaining to do.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1101241
    I don't understand people that say this team is not Superbowl Ready. Like teams that make the Superbowl are these amazing teams. We are in the top 10 of teams in the league and we are ready to contend.

Jets - Are starting an average QB, Average RB, 1 Wrs and Te. Average DL, Good Lbs and A mix and match secondary. As a team, they aren't light years ahead of us.

Steelers - A good QB, Good run game, Decent WR, Average TE, Old DL, Mix and match LB corps. Good Dbs. Again, where is the amazing team team of unbelievable talent?

Pats - Elite QB, below average run game, below average WRs, Mix and match OL, Mix and match DL, LBs, and Dbs.

Elite run game, Mix bag of WRs, Average OL, Above average DL, Above Average LB corps, Solid DBs. Our team is going places and the biggest Questions marks are WR and OL. Addign almost anyone with talent at the safety positions will improve this team.

You guys are drinking the same toilet bowl of shit the broadcasters drink. This team is playoff bound. We just need time time gel.

Funny that you mentioned shit broadcasters. Most of those yutzs even know how good the Vikings are and how good a fit the Dnabb thing is especially considering that we have Ponder on the bench.

One thing they keep saying though, is, that they really need Rice back. That I agree with as well.
    I look at it this way. To be a legitimate championship team, you need to be a top-4 team in the league.

tere are upsets all the time. Can we consistently beat good teams? That's the issue.
    Things change very quickly in the NFL. 1st to last and last to first is the norm not the exception.
    If McNabb has even an average year he is going to have 10more TD and 10 fewer turnovers than Favre had in 2010. That could easily translate to 4 more wins and a playoff birth. Once in the playoffs every team has a chance.
    Going into the season, absolutely they had a shot. No denying they had playmakers everywhere. When they got hurt, that's when the questions started arising, but they managed to overcome.

Hell, here's Peter Kings 2010 preseason rankings: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/16/ranking/index.html

check out who the #1 team he picked is.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101243
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1101241

Going into the season, absolutely they had a shot. No denying they had playmakers everywhere. When they got hurt, that's when the questions started arising, but they managed to overcome.

Hell, here's Peter Kings 2010 preseason rankings: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/16/ranking/index.html

check out who the #1 team he picked is.
    And he had the steelers number 12, but they went to the superbowl.
    My point is there are far more than 4 teams that have a chance to be superbowl champions this year.
    And even if the Vikings simply don't have the talent to compete, they still have to try. It's not the NBA.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

I love my Vikes, but to think that "success" in 2011 is defined as anything other than winning more than 6 games is ludicrous.

QB - rookie or aged, broken-down veteran
    RB - best in the league at running, mediocre at catching passes or blocking
    WR - one weapon (I am assuming Rice is gone) in Harvin.
    TE - I like Shank, but he's not top-10.
    O-Line - bottom-10 in the NFL.

D-Line - 1 end, 1 tackle, the rest are stiffs
    LB - a strength with EJ and Greenway, but losing Leber will hurt
    CB - depth a real problem
    S - Abdullah is a comer - but what else to they have?

An honest assessment shows that the talent is just not there to compete at a high level in the NFL.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1101251
    I love my Vikes, but to think that "success" in 2011 is defined as anything other than winning more than 6 games is ludicrous.

QB - rookie or aged, broken-down veteran
    RB - best in the league at running, mediocre at catching passes or blocking
    WR - one weapon (I am assuming Rice is gone) in Harvin.
    TE - I like Shank, but he's not top-10.
    O-Line - bottom-10 in the NFL.

D-Line - 1 end, 1 tackle, the rest are stiffs
    LB - a strength with EJ and Greenway, but losing Leber will hurt
    CB - depth a real problem
    S - Abdullah is a comer - but what else to they have?

An honest assessment shows that the talent is just not there to compete at a high level in the NFL.

=Z=
    You jsut earned yourself a spot in the "I have a clue" spreadsheet.

Blog Entries

Its a done deal

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43914992/ns/sports-player_news/

Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia reports that the Redskins' trade of Donovan McNabb to the Vikings in exchange for a 2012 sixth-round pick and conditional sixth-rounder in 2013 is complete.

The (roughly) 14-hour holdup was contract parameters; McNabb needed to rework his deal and get rid of the $10 million option bonus the Redskins owed him per last November's phony extension. McNabb figures to open camp as the favorite to start for the Vikings, but the team won't wait around if the 34-year-old struggles early. Minnesota's scouting department determined before the draft that Christian Ponder was NFL-ready. It's probably a safe bet that both will start games this year, be it due to ineffectiveness or injury behind an aging offensive line that struggles in pass protection. This is a situation to avoid in fantasy football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101253
    Its a done deal

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43914992/ns/sports-player_news/

Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia reports that the Redskins' trade of Donovan McNabb to the Vikings in exchange for a 2012 sixth-round pick and conditional sixth-rounder in 2013 is complete.

The (roughly) 14-hour holdup was contract parameters; McNabb needed to rework his deal and get rid of the $10 million option bonus the Redskins owed him per last November's phony extension. McNabb figures to open camp as the favorite to start for the Vikings, but the team won't wait around if the 34-year-old struggles early. Minnesota's scouting department determined before the draft that Christian Ponder was NFL-ready. It's probably a safe bet that both will start games this year, be it due to ineffectiveness or injury behind an aging offensive line that struggles in pass protection. This is a situation to avoid in fantasy football.
    false alarm, not done yet.

A redskins reported reported it 100% donea bout 20 mins ago, then retracted it.

Source: Kelli Johnson on Twitter
    @kjohnsoncsn Kelli Johnson
    Just told deal is done. Donovan McNabb has officially been traded to Minnesota. #thingsudowhileboardingaplane

@kjohnsoncsn Kelli Johnson
    Just told to hold the phone! Premature. Deal for Donovan not finalized. Sorry

Blog Entries

In the mean time I read an interesting quote somewhere.

The post was like this:

"Are the Vikings an NFL franchise or a QB museum?"

LMAO

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast