Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McNabb Last Season In Philly? New Vikes QB?

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    What do people have against McNabb?

He is lightyears ahead of Gus and T-Jack

He is having a subpar year but is still much better then whatever we got

2700 yards 14 TDs and 8 Picks.. 271 yards a game.. 85 qb rating and 7 yards a pass

That was mostly without Curtis and without Westbrook for awhile.. Having Desean Jackson as ur main target and a softer line then we got

He would fit in here nicely.. It won't happen but I don't understand why people wouldn't want him for a few years
    because people here are set on the thought that we're going to find the second coming of Christ in the late rounds of the draft, a guy who will come in and bring us to a superbowl his rookie year.

Oh yes I forgot

Still bitter about Tyler Thigpen.. We let our only chance go

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:

2700 yards 14 TDs and 8 Picks.. 271 yards a game.. 85 qb rating and 7 yards a pass

That was mostly without Curtis and without Westbrook for awhile.. Having Desean Jackson as ur main target and a softer line then we got

He would fit in here nicely.. It won't happen but I don't understand why people wouldn't want him for a few years
    For me it is the fact that he has suffered several injuries in the recent past that have kept him on the sidelines and they will certainly be taking their toll on him in the next few years as he ages.

Really, if you look at him he could go either way. He certainly is getting up there in age where historically QB's start to decline, but then again if you look at Collins, Farve and Warner, they are among the most successful players at the QB position this year and they are also several years older than DM.

I just never liked his Chunky commercials, his moon walk or the controversies he has started with some of the things he has said in the past.

lastly and possibly most importantly, to look at him as a fill in as we groom the next QB is hard for me to look at when I look at the team as it is and how it is ready to win now. If he could step in and play from day 1 and do it effectively then he would be a great choice, but if he is only keeping the seat warm then no.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UMD_Bleeds_Purple" wrote:
    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/77852

I think this could be a great move for the Vikings!

We are an established QB away from being one of the best teams in the NFL and the best in the North!
    I think putting McNabb along side AP and our sick defense is something dreams are made of!
    I think if donovan goes into free agency Chilly will go crazy! since he worked with D nab before!
    Let me know what you think...I know its still a rumor but I think if we could get D nab for atleast a couple years while JDB watches on we could make some real noise

Better than picking up cassel or D anderson?
    you are assuming that Chilly is still around when free agency comes around.
    If McNabb hits FA, i hope to god that we do our best to get him here.
    he will be a hot commodity though.
    very good point

V4L

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

For me it is the fact that he has suffered several injuries in the recent past that have kept him on the sidelines and they will certainly be taking their toll on him in the next few years as he ages.

Really, if you look at him he could go either way. He certainly is getting up there in age where historically QB's start to decline, but then again if you look at Collins, Farve and Warner, they are among the most successful players at the QB position this year and they are also several years older than DM.

I just never liked his Chunky commercials, his moon walk or the controversies he has started with some of the things he has said in the past.

lastly and possibly most importantly, to look at him as a fill in as we groom the next QB is hard for me to look at when I look at the team as it is and how it is ready to win now. If he could step in and play from day 1 and do it effectively then he would be a great choice, but if he is only keeping the seat warm then no.

Agreed with the injuries.. Never know what could happen

But if it was up to him or someone else.. Who do you prefer?

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Even if (and lets hope so) Dickless isnt around, McNabb would be a good pickup if the price wasnt way too high. Drop TJ. I think Cassel would be a much better fit though.

dfosterf is offline Coach

I don't know if 93z is serious or just saying that to keep the pitchfork folk from putting that on the agenda when they go for Ziggy and Major Dad.
    McNabb has had a couple bad games, sure.
    Forget last year. Last year that knee was messing with him, and it showed. This year he has had some real awesome, and I mean awesome performances.
    He is not done, not even close, imo.
    I don't like him, and I hope he stays right where he is.
    You get him... surprise, surprise... Superbowl here you come.
    Fortunately for me and my fellow puker fans, your manglement isn't smart enough to pull the trigger on that one. (At least I hope so ;D).

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Agreed with the injuries.. Never know what could happen

But if it was up to him or someone else.. Who do you prefer?
    Unless they hire a real, experienced football GM I don't really think it will matter. If they do hire a quality GM who excels at evaluating talent i will defer to him.

V4L

Fair enough

I think a quality probowl QB would definitley be the key

We haven't been far off.. Next year we will have EJ and Gordan and Farwell back

I think we will be in decent shape next year with a better QB

dfosterf is offline Coach

"V4L" wrote:
    Fair enough

I think a quality probowl QB would definitley be the key

We haven't been far off.. Next year we will have EJ and Gordan and Farwell back

I think we will be in decent shape next year with a better QB
    Anyone ever stacked the box against Philly with Brian Westbrook back there? I never saw it.
    Donovan McNabb scares defenses... they respect him...sound familiar?
    He is a load to bring down, too.
    A Fran Tarkenton at times, A Daunte Culpepper on a good Daunte Culpepper day, a Gus-like manager with a cannon arm.
    A better than Brett Favre Brett Favre a lot of times.... Ya, I hate him.

bring this guy in.

simple as that

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast