Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McNabb Last Season In Philly? New Vikes QB?

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=49101.msg866848#msg866848 date=1227116846]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=49101.msg866800#msg866800 date=1227098191]
    [quote author=Caine link=topic=49101.msg866754#msg866754 date=1227062893]
    [quote author=midgensa link=topic=49101.msg866748#msg866748 date=1227061829]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=49101.msg866738#msg866738 date=1227058540]
    Whya re we still talking about this. I would give m left nut for McNabb. I don't understand people complaining about McNabbs stats this season. He is playing in the toughest division in football right? While we need a refs help to beat the f*cking lions. He did it on a team with a WR situation similar to ours and did it great. He is one of the best QBs at reading a defense. He's mobile. He gets blamed for choking in the playoffs. I thought football was a team game? Heck we choke during the regular season so he is still an upgrade.

Sign Mcnabb
    Cut Gus
    Keep TJ as backup
    Sign a top
    3 QB in the draft.
    Cut Booty and try to sneak him onto the practice squad. If we lose him we still have an upgrade to him at the rookie Qb position. Should McNabb get hurt, we have a QB that can step in and start in either TJ or the rookie. If not we have a QB situation similar to greenbay where we have our rookie sit for 2-3 years like.. Rodgers and Campbell, two qbs who were/are tearing up the league.
    Just so you know ... Campbell didn't sit ... he was the starter by the tenth game of his rookie season.
    I personally do not mind your plan there ... although drafting a top 3 QB in the draft does not seem likely ... I would think that Booty ends up being our No. 3.
    I agree that Booty would be our #2/#3 and that Jackson would be the guy snuck on to the practice squad.
    Honestly, I don't think too many (any) franchises would make a play for him.

Caine
    Is TJ eligible to be placed on the practice squad?
    I'm not sure about the rules there but I thought once you are active for a certain amount of games you can no longer be placed on the practice squad.
    Let meknow.
    i don't think he could be placed on the ps... but either way, he's more than a viable backup... Ppl said the same thing about derek anderson and eli manning before the light went on....

he was a 2nd year starter for goodness sake benched after the second game... with questionable playcalling
    being most likely being his biggest nemesis....

There is a HUGE difference between Eli Manning and Tarvaris Jackson.
    And Derek Anderson had one good season and has fallen off a great deal since....further he had a LOT more development time before being asked to start.

As for Jackson, he was a second year
    starter that never should have been starting.
    His first season was fairly unimpressive, and he began the second season in the same fashion.
    As for the play calling, I am inclined to believe that the restrictions were more due to Jacksons inability to execute anything beyond the basics.
    So, far from blaming play calling, I believe that Jackson was Jackson's own nemesis.

Bottom line, I'd rather take a chance with Booty next year than move on with another phase of the Tarvaris Jackson Development Debacle.

Caine
    [/quote]

I'm sorry buddy but i don't agree with you.... Booty??... he reminds me of a cross between brad johnson and chad pennington... which isn't bad, but not great either....

and for you to say DA has fallen off since, i beg to disagree with you!!! have you seen him play??.. if you had, then you'd know that he'd still be starting if it wasn't for Braylon not being able to hold onto the ball.... Dude has like atleast 14 drops this year and about 5 of them were guaranteed TD's... look at the games they lost!.. They would be easily be 6-4 or maybe even 7-3 if Braylon could hold onto the ball...

Benching him was more political than anything, trying to see if Brady could cut it, since DA is due an approx. 6m roster bonus for next season....
    [/quote]

A cross between BJ and CP is just what this team needs.
    Someone that is accurate and can hit his WRs instead of throwing it at their feet or way off.
    I would take CP anyday right now.
    [/quote]

I agree.
    Pennington would be a huge upgrade over what we currently have.

For bleedpurple:

As for Anderson, his stats aren't anywhere near as impressive as they were last season.
    I will grant you that I do not watch the Cleveland games, and I DO understand that stats aren't the entire story, but his production decrease has to be more than Edwards dropping 14 passes.
    His INTs and Sacks are up too.

That said, I'd still rather have Anderson than Frerotte or Jackson.

Booty I haven't really seen play.
    I don't know where he is in development.
    I've seen Jackson.
    Booty can't be any worse.

Truthfully, I don't think McNabb is the answer....I think he'd be like Moon or Cunningham, a guy brought in to tide us over until we could find a true Franchise guy.
    And since - if things go well - Chiller won't be here next year, maybe the new guy will have a better eye for QB's.

Caine
    [/quote]

obviously you didn't watch any preseason games either... if your saying playing booty over TJ couldn't be any worse.... he was downright awful and didn't even look like an NFL QB...

I think it's saying a lot when chilly had a hard time releasing bollinger in lieu of keeping booty as the 3rd QB...
    [/quote]

Though I agree Botty looked horrible in pre season you can't base a person's entire career on how he played for 3 - 4 quarters.
    I'm not saying JDB will be good becasue I don't know.
    If preseason counted then TJ would have been awesome.
    You can never tell.

Chuck Taylor is offline Training Camp

It doesn't matter what QB we bring in as long as we can't block up front. Not even Brady or the Manning 2 would look good behind our O-line, we're giving up waayyy too many sacks, but that's another thread.

For the sake of discussion I would like McNabb behind center next season. I think he is still a bit more mobile than Frerotte and we need a mobile QB. We had luck with Cunningham, though he had a badass rookie receiver ;D
    But, as has been said earlier McNabb is only a stop-gap solution. I would like us to aggressively pursue Patriots' Cassel in the off-season if he becomes available

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Chuck" wrote:
    It doesn't matter what QB we bring in as long as we can't block up front. Not even Brady or the Manning 2 would look good behind our O-line, we're giving up waayyy too many sacks, but that's another thread.

For the sake of discussion I would like McNabb behind center next season. I think he is still a bit more mobile than Frerotte and we need a mobile QB. We had luck with Cunningham, though he had a badass rookie receiver ;D
    But, as has been said earlier McNabb is only a stop-gap solution. I would like us to aggressively pursue Patriots' Cassel in the off-season if he becomes available

I am still not sure what is so great about Cassell.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Chuck" wrote:

Why is everyone so Gung-Ho about Cassel?

All he's proven is that he can look moderately good at times while thowing to the best WR corps in the NFL.

That's it... nothing more, nothing less.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Chuck" wrote:

All he's proven is that he can look moderately good at times while thowing to the best WR corps in the NFL.

He is better than anything we got right now. He has showed he can get the ball to his receivers. If he can get the ball to our receivers they might catch a pass or two.
    Coupled with a new head-coach and we might get what we all wish for next season........a balanced offense

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Chuck" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Chuck" wrote:

He is better than anything we got right now. He has showed he can get the ball to his receivers. If he can get the ball to our receivers they might catch a pass or two.
    Coupled with a new head-coach and we might get what we all wish for next season........a balanced offense
    In your opinion he's better than anything we have right now... however, I wonder what Cassel would look like if he was throwing to our receivers and not Moss and Welker.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Chuck" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Chuck" wrote:

In your opinion he's better than anything we have right now... however, I wonder what Cassel would look like if he was throwing to our receivers and not Moss and Welker.

Probably good

They would key on AP and Cassell can hit his throws

And it's what his 11th start only? Many feel he will get even better

He isn't exactly lighting it up.. But he is playing some good football and could get even better

All I'm saying is Cassel is a better long-term solution than McNabb

"V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Chuck" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Chuck" wrote:

Probably good

They would key on AP and Cassell can hit his throws

And it's what his 11th start only? Many feel he will get even better

He isn't exactly lighting it up.. But he is playing some good football and could get even better
    i dont believe cassel will be as good as some people think he is.

he has randy moss throwing to him.

stick him against a team like pittsburg and cassell will not be as good

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "Chuck" wrote:

he's in a very similar situation that Romo was in.
    Never played for his first few years, sat and learned, came in, was a little shaky the first few games, then really turned it up.
    I'd rather take a chance on Cassell than wait for someone in the draft.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast