Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

McNabb calls team meeting to address early Vikings struggles

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

By Dan Hanzus, NFL.com

Don't worry, Vikings fans. Sure, your team is winless, your new QB looks ancient, and you have the suddenly scary-looking Lions up next on your schedule.

Donovan McNabb says things are under control.

Defensive end Jared Allen and offensive guard Steve Hutchinson joined the veteran quarterback for a team meeting Monday designed to "get some things addressed."

"When you're 0-2, there's no need to panic," McNabb said, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "But there's a sense of urgency that has to take place. ... I think it was the time (for the meeting). It was one that needed to be addressed. Then we'll see how it goes from there."
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 09-22-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Im impressed.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Make him head coach.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I guess I am not sure why it was time for the meeting or what needed to be addressed. Was it not abundantly clear even before the first game what the expectations were for the coaches and the players? Did they need a special meeting to point out that they should average more than 1.5 points in the second half of a game and that they should not be collapsing in the second half with a lead?

If the meeting was this necessary this early then it seems to me the staff did a poor job of setting expectations going into the season and the players lacked basic comprehension skills if they didn't already know it.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Something I noticed in the PFT article about limiting Percy's playing time, Fraizer never seems to get down on his coaches or players. He always remains positive and tries to give them encouragement to put them on the right path.

While this is great and all, these are grown men and pampering/coddling them with positive reinforcement after two losses doesn't really work. I'm sure McNabb realized this and called a meeting to put the fear of God in these guys... because we all know Fraizer isn't doing it.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I think Frazier is a very intelligent football mind. And his players respect him. The two big reasons that I'm a big supporter of his. But I wish he had some fire. I know that's not his style. But it's hard to not get jealous seeing guys like Mike Tomlin and Rex Ryan getting fired up on the sidelines for their teams.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Bud Grant was much the same on the sidelines. Never saw a single emotion from him.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Bud Grant was much the same on the sidelines. Never saw a single emotion from him.
    And Bud Grant never won a Super Bowl.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I guess I am not sure why it was time for the meeting or what needed to be addressed. Was it not abundantly clear even before the first game what the expectations were for the coaches and the players? Did they need a special meeting to point out that they should average more than 1.5 points in the second half of a game and that they should not be collapsing in the second half with a lead?

If the meeting was this necessary this early then it seems to me the staff did a poor job of setting expectations going into the season and the players lacked basic comprehension skills if they didn't already know it.
    You are just going to hate on everything Mcnabb does. This can't be anything but good. They obviously know what they need to do, but for the younger players, it's easy to get discouraged. The vets on our team are just standing up and taking a leadership, getting everyone together, "Hey guys, we can do this. Let's give 100% all game" or whatever he said. Nothing wrong with this at all.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    You are just going to hate on everything Mcnabb does. This can't be anything but good. They obviously know what they need to do, but for the younger players, it's easy to get discouraged. The vets on our team are just standing up and taking a leadership, getting everyone together, "Hey guys, we can do this. Let's give 100% all game" or whatever he said. Nothing wrong with this at all.
    What the hell are you talking about. My god.

Did the meeting also not get called by Hutch and Allen? I didn't even mention McNabb in my post and if you really choose to read what I wrote instead of seeing that I posted and automatically raise the DM defense flag you might see something different.

My post should have been clearly interpreted as being about the whole team and not one single individual and it is clearly also laying it at the feet of the coaches.

But whatever, if you can only see everything pointed at McNabb then maybe you should take some comprehension classes because you obviously are having problems.

Go look for debate somewhere else because you certainly aren't ready for them here.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast