Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    really ?? on what grounds does he feel that ?
    Hoping he comes here and makes his point.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    In defense of McNabb(Even though some will question my sincerity) Ponder did say in an interview that DM did stay after practice last week and helped him with film so I am going to take this article with a grain of salt until there is more definitive evidence that the writer knew what he was talking about and not just making sh!t up.

  3. #13
    rednorsk is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    124
    McNabb, Berrian, Cook.

    Wow what a wonderful group. Who's next "I can't play I've got an owie" Harvin.
    None

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    Someone show this to Marstc09. That clown is mad about Ponder playing over McNabb.
    No he's not. He feels the same way that I do. A 40% completion rate with 2 horrible interceptions is not a reason to jizz over Ponder.

    Hell - even on the the first pass to Jenkins Ponder didn't do what he needed to do. Jenkins was open by 20 yards and Ponder didn't put it out in front of him. If he hit Jenkins in stride, it was a TD. As it was, Jenkins had to wait for the pass which allowed the Packers' safety to catch him and stop him from the score.

    Yes, Ponder looked poised. Yes, Ponder scrambled for some good gains.

    And, yes, Ponder threw two horrible picks - and probably there could have been 2 or 3 more.

    And, yes, Ponder had a 40% completion rate.

    The reason the Vikings were close yesterday comes down to AD's 175 yards and the defense's success on 3rd downs.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    No he's not. He feels the same way that I do. A 40% completion rate with 2 horrible interceptions is not a reason to jizz over Ponder.
    When I agreed with him on that and brought up a few different stats (since he's a stat guy) he went AWOL and assumed I was jizzing over the kid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hell - even on the the first pass to Jenkins Ponder didn't do what he needed to do. Jenkins was open by 20 yards and Ponder didn't put it out in front of him. If he hit Jenkins in stride, it was a TD. As it was, Jenkins had to wait for the pass which allowed the Packers' safety to catch him and stop him from the score.
    Refresh my memory, was Ponder rolling out to the left when he threw that ball? He threw it while he was running, right? And Jenkins HARDLY had to stop. He had to slow down, I'll give you that, but he didn't have to wait for the ball like you make it sound like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes, Ponder looked poised. Yes, Ponder scrambled for some good gains.
    Something that surprised many fans, myself included. Lets not forget his 50+% 3rd down completion rating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    And, yes, Ponder threw two horrible picks - and probably there could have been 2 or 3 more.
    Very sloppy picks, too. The second one would have been a huge gain for us if he didn't throw it behind his guy (or if he didn't telegraph the WR the whole play). I'm not disputing this at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    And, yes, Ponder had a 40% completion rate.
    Something he needs to shore up. If he had 50% the Vikes come out the winners, no doubt in my mind. Hopefully that's the worst his completion % ever gets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The reason the Vikings were close yesterday comes down to AD's 175 yards and the defense's success on 3rd downs.

    =Z=
    Those were 2 great reasons the Vikings were close. But like I said, AP didn't throw those two TDs.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  6. #16
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    No he's not. He feels the same way that I do. A 40% completion rate with 2 horrible interceptions is not a reason to jizz over Ponder.

    Hell - even on the the first pass to Jenkins Ponder didn't do what he needed to do. Jenkins was open by 20 yards and Ponder didn't put it out in front of him. If he hit Jenkins in stride, it was a TD. As it was, Jenkins had to wait for the pass which allowed the Packers' safety to catch him and stop him from the score.

    Yes, Ponder looked poised. Yes, Ponder scrambled for some good gains.

    And, yes, Ponder threw two horrible picks - and probably there could have been 2 or 3 more.

    And, yes, Ponder had a 40% completion rate.

    The reason the Vikings were close yesterday comes down to AD's 175 yards and the defense's success on 3rd downs.

    =Z=
    Does AP have those 175 yards without Ponder's ability to make plays, extend drives, and utilize play-action? Absolutely not. He would have been shut down with 9 players in the box, like the Bears did to us last week. Fuck the completion percentage right now. In one game, a ROOKIE took this offense from one-dimensional to multidimensional. And that is the reason why we are "jizzing over him". Sorry for getting excited about some promising play from our 1st round draft pick. He only made 4/10 completions, so he must have had a shitty game. Give me a break.
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 10-24-2011 at 09:50 PM.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  7. #17
    MossMems is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    51
    I think when McNabb took the dive for the safety last week, Frazier finally realized he wasnt the QB we needed here. McNabb was known for his work ethic till he came here, guess he thought his job here was secure.
    Last edited by MossMems; 10-24-2011 at 10:10 PM.

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    In defense of McNabb(Even though some will question my sincerity) Ponder did say in an interview that DM did stay after practice last week and helped him with film so I am going to take this article with a grain of salt until there is more definitive evidence that the writer knew what he was talking about and not just making sh!t up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post
    I think when McNabb took the dive for the safety last week, Frazier finally realized he wasnt the QB we needed here. McNabb was known for his work ethic till he came here, guess he thought his job here was secure.
    McNabb DID NOT have a good work ethic before coming here....

    Romanowski: ‘McNabb was lazy’

    Romanowski: ‘McNabb was lazy’ - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post


    Hasselbeck: McNabb Has Always Been Fat, Lazy

    TheWizWit: Tim Hasselbeck: McNabb Has Always Been Fat, Lazy


    Mike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices

    Mike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices | ProFootballTalk


    McNabb may not have been lazy when he was with Brad Childress......and that's where he belongs.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    McNabb DID NOT have a good work ethic before coming here....

    Romanowski: ‘McNabb was lazy’

    Romanowski: ‘McNabb was lazy’ - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post


    Hasselbeck: McNabb Has Always Been Fat, Lazy

    TheWizWit: Tim Hasselbeck: McNabb Has Always Been Fat, Lazy


    Mike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices

    Mike Shanahan not happy with how Donovan McNabb practices | ProFootballTalk


    McNabb may not have been lazy when he was with Brad Childress......and that's where he belongs.
    I wasn't discounting what was said when he was on other teams. I was simply commenting on his time in Minnesota and whether he acted any different when he got here. I haven't heard any Vikings or anyone that is close enough to the day to day operations say anything about his work ethic other than what I posted from Ponder and that was positive.
    I suspect he is still a lazy fatass but I am open to the idea that he may have changed when he got here and until I get something posted from someone with boots on the ground I will give him the benefit of the doubt on it. There is plenty of other things that lead me to not want him behind center without relying on unsubstantiated reports.

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I wasn't discounting what was said when he was on other teams. I was simply commenting on his time in Minnesota and whether he acted any different when he got here. I haven't heard any Vikings or anyone that is close enough to the day to day operations say anything about his work ethic other than what I posted from Ponder and that was positive.
    I suspect he is still a lazy fatass but I am open to the idea that he may have changed when he got here and until I get something posted from someone with boots on the ground I will give him the benefit of the doubt on it. There is plenty of other things that lead me to not want him behind center without relying on unsubstantiated reports.
    Yes, he helped Ponder after practice one day, but what did he do physically & mentally for himself to be better? How about learning the offense?

    Obviously no one on the team is going to come out publicly & say anything negative about him while he is on the team. That may come out later after he's gone.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •