Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

McNabb benched for poor work ethic

Told you he was a lazy fuck. He just wants to collect a pay check.

Vikings benched Donovan McNabb for poor work ethic

The Vikings benched quarterback Donovan McNabb at least in part because he "wasn't putting in the time to be the great player."

http://www.twincities.com/ci_19177404?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    This is totally on the FO. Heck, who didn't know about the problems his past teams had with his work ethic and his desire to keep getting better? These guys have to start to understand that they need to bring in guys who want to play and not those who want to live on their reputation and collect a big paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    This is totally on the FO. Heck, who didn't know about the problems his past teams had with his work ethic and his desire to keep getting better? These guys have to start to understand that they need to bring in guys who want to play and not those who want to live on their reputation and collect a big paycheck.
    Or on their lack of reputation and collect a big paycheck. *cough* Berrian

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I listened intently yesterday as two different NFL pregame shows talked about how Dnabb did this in Deadskinville last year and our FO not only knew it, but they thought they could talk him out of it.

Specifically, Musgroves name was linked to the knowledge as he has a link back with Shannahan.

Gets back to the discussion points some yutz has been spewing about the current regimes attempt to solve our QB problem.

Question 1 - Who advocated Drafting Ponder so early?

Someone thought he was worth taking that high. Someone thought he would be able to come in and run the team.

Question 2 - Who advocated bringing in a Vet?

Someone wanted Orton. Probably not the same guy who thought Ponder could run the team cause Orton would be a 2 or 3 year QB.

Someone wanted Thypen. Probably not the same guy who wanted Ponder or Dnabb cause Thygpen would be a shot in the dark quick bandaid or possibly a long term solution depending on how he played.

Someone wanted Dnabb. I'm sure the thinking here was that he was a short term solution so I would think it was the guy who advocated taking Ponder early.

Long story short, as with the last regime, the QB position sure seems to be a problem when it comes to this organization and its attempts to fix it.

Although I was initially glad (I changed my mind thanks to Kevoncox and Mars) we landed Dnabb over the other two, I am now uncertain as to what I think of our FO pukes and our Coaching staff.

My guess is both Leslie and Musgrove wanted Dnabb or Orton and the FO pukes wanted to go with Ponder/Thygpen.

Rationale is if the FO pukes doubted Ponder we wouldn't have taken him that high and they would have given the asking price for Orton.

In the end, the whole organization is to blame on this, but I am pointing my finger at Leslie and Musgrove for the gaff that is Dnabb.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

poisoning16 is offline Rookie
    I think Tom Peliserro said that during the game, it was Joe Webb who was on the sidelines talking with Ponder over the plays while McNabb was off by himself

Vikes should have made the switch weeks ago. McNabb's career as a quality starter is long over

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I listened intently yesterday as two different NFL pregame shows talked about how Dnabb did this in Deadskinville last year and our FO not only knew it, but they thought they could talk him out of it.

Specifically, Musgroves name was linked to the knowledge as he has a link back with Shannahan.

Gets back to the discussion points some yutz has been spewing about the current regimes attempt to solve our QB problem.

Question 1 - Who advocated Drafting Ponder so early?

Someone thought he was worth taking that high. Someone thought he would be able to come in and run the team.

Question 2 - Who advocated bringing in a Vet?

Someone wanted Orton. Probably not the same guy who thought Ponder could run the team cause Orton would be a 2 or 3 year QB.

Someone wanted Thypen. Probably not the same guy who wanted Ponder or Dnabb cause Thygpen would be a shot in the dark quick bandaid or possibly a long term solution depending on how he played.

Someone wanted Dnabb. I'm sure the thinking here was that he was a short term solution so I would think it was the guy who advocated taking Ponder early.

Long story short, as with the last regime, the QB position sure seems to be a problem when it comes to this organization and its attempts to fix it.

Although I was initially glad (I changed my mind thanks to Kevoncox and Mars) we landed Dnabb over the other two, I am now uncertain as to what I think of our FO pukes and our Coaching staff.

My guess is both Leslie and Musgrove wanted Dnabb or Orton and the FO pukes wanted to go with Ponder/Thygpen.

Rationale is if the FO pukes doubted Ponder we wouldn't have taken him that high and they would have given the asking price for Orton.

In the end, the whole organization is to blame on this, but I am pointing my finger at Leslie and Musgrove for the gaff that is Dnabb.
    So you don't think the lack of an off season played a role?

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Someone show this to Marstc09. That clown is mad about Ponder playing over McNabb.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

He's a product of his environment, and his environment is being lazy and playing grabass on the sidelines.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    Someone show this to Marstc09. That clown is mad about Ponder playing over McNabb.
    really ?? on what grounds does he feel that ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast