Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: McMahon won't play Thursday - Who's mystery WR?

DaVizzles makes a good point. Coaches of previous teams bring the players they previously knew and in many cases want to make a point that he was "my guy" and he's better now at my new team because of me, etc.

Refer to Dick Vermeil and Trent Green with the Rams.
    Green was "Vermeil's QB" and Vermeil openly wept when Green was injured and he had "to make do" with Kurt Warner until Warner became the MVP and won the Super Bowl (Vermeil cried openly again but this time in joy).
    Exit Vermeil to Kansas City and who ended up being his QB and yes, no Super Bowl?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"WaywardHoosier" wrote:
    DaVizzles makes a good point. Coaches of previous teams bring the players they previously knew and in many cases want to make a point that he was "my guy" and he's better now at my new team because of me, etc.

Refer to slick willy Vermeil and Trent Green with the Rams.
    Green was "Vermeil's QB" and Vermeil openly wept when Green was injured and he had "to make do" with Kurt Warner until Warner became the MVP and won the Super Bowl (Vermeil cried openly again but this time in joy).
    Exit Vermeil to Kansas City and who ended up being his QB and yes, no Super Bowl?
    DaVizzles' "good point" is almost lost in the stupidity of the "childress...just cause he is an idiot and has to sign all the former eagles" comment.

It's obvious that coaches like to sign players with which they are familiar.
    In many cases, they know how they will react at game time and the quality of their impact on the team.
    A MUCH better example would be Bill Parcells and certain players over the years like Bryan Cox, Maurice Carthon, etc.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "WaywardHoosier" wrote:

Refer to slick willy Vermeil and Trent Green with the Rams.
    DaVizzles' "good point" is almost lost in the stupidity of the "childress...just cause he is an idiot and has to sign all the former eagles" comment.

It's obvious that coaches like to sign players with which they are familiar.
    In many cases, they know how they will react at game time and the quality of their impact on the team.
    A MUCH better example would be Bill Parcells and certain players over the years like Bryan Cox, Maurice Carthon, etc.

=Z=
    With that being said, why would Childress sign a QB in a WCO offense when he knows he has only completed 44.5% of his passes.

The performance quality of the QB is what is what I question here.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Agreed.
    I have no idea if Childress will be a good head coach until we see his teams's performance over the upcoming years.
    Mike McMahon has struggled for several years now and does not appear to be able to lead the Vikings in a winning direction.

I'm surprised with the interest in him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345