Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McMahon Sucks!!

oakmage is offline Starter

Re: McMahon Sucks!!

Personally I am in favor of dropping McMahon down to 5th string quarterback right behind the color blind monkey that has no arms.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"KJ" wrote:
    Instead of the hassle of kicking McMahon to the curb and picking up a poohie WR for depth, why don't we just switch him to WR? :P
    Or buy him a kickass Reverse Osmosis unit and make him the Waterboy.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"KJ" wrote:
    Instead of the hassle of kicking McMahon to the curb and picking up a poohie WR for depth, why don't we just switch him to WR? :P
    http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=831517

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

"oakmage" wrote:
    Personally I am in favor of dropping McMahon down to 5th string quarterback right behind the color blind monkey that has no arms.
    HAHAHAHA

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Call me crazy. But maybe Childress knew how terrible McMahon really was and brought him in to help TJ build up his confidence. You never know, having such a crappy backup that can be surpassed would definatly build up the rooks confidence.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"rjmac" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:
    I was wondering why we even pick this cat up in the first place; no offense to McMahon. You gotta think about it for a second. If he could not beat out Joey Harrington for the Lions starting spot, how could he be our #2 QB?

Once we got him early this year, my first thought was "why?". If Brad goes down and we are left with McMahon....our season is over. I am sure that McMahon is good at #3 or maybe at the four spot, but not #2.
    I am guessing cheap NFL experience insurance in case Michael Vick Jr. does not grasp the O or blow out the knee on one of his nasty Barry Sanders cuts. If TJ continues to improve and stay healthy, BJ better be worried if the team has Daunte flashbacks from last year and loses the first fews games.
    No way Bj will be sent to 2nd string. No way, not even next year. I'm the biggest T-Jack fanboy on this site, but moving BJ down to 2nd string would be the shadiest, dumbest thing to do ever. Let BJ play until he retires. He'll know when his time has come, unlike his compatriot in GB.This way T-Jack keeps learning from a guy who just knows how to win. And it keeps T-Jack healthy, b/c he's not on the field all the time. Now I don't want to bench him like Aaron Rodgers in GB, who never gets to play b/c Favre is just stupid. I can't wait until T-Jack takes over the helm, but pay BJ more and keep him around as long as he wants. He'll know when TJ has surpassed him and he'll know to step down at that point. TJ still has a lot he can learn from BJ, that's for sure.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I think O'Sullivan should be our number 3, he looked better last week then McMahon.I didnt get to see the game last night, so I didnt get to see anyone play.But I listened in around the 3rd and 4th quarter, and McMahon was stinking it up.He killed ALL the momentum we had after the T-jack TD drive.I remeber reading a report on here about him becoming almost "Rich Gannon" like and blooming late in his career.Bull sh1t.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

McMahon will probably get one more chance next week and he better make it count because it just might be the last chance he will ever get.

O'Sullivan deserves a little bit more of a look. He just might be able to make the team as our third QB, but I do not think he is ready for the NFL either.

Still, I would like to get a veteran backup if possible. Maybe someone will be available on the waiver wire in the next couple weeks, but that performance that McMahon put out there yesterday screams, "CUT ME PLEASE!!!"
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

rjmac is offline Training Camp

"Braddock" wrote:
    "rjmac" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:
    I was wondering why we even pick this cat up in the first place; no offense to McMahon. You gotta think about it for a second. If he could not beat out Joey Harrington for the Lions starting spot, how could he be our #2 QB?

Once we got him early this year, my first thought was "why?". If Brad goes down and we are left with McMahon....our season is over. I am sure that McMahon is good at #3 or maybe at the four spot, but not #2.
    I am guessing cheap NFL experience insurance in case Michael Vick Jr. does not grasp the O or blow out the knee on one of his nasty Barry Sanders cuts. If TJ continues to improve and stay healthy, BJ better be worried if the team has Daunte flashbacks from last year and loses the first fews games.
    No way Bj will be sent to 2nd string. No way, not even next year. I'm the biggest T-Jack fanboy on this site, but moving BJ down to 2nd string would be the shadiest, dumbest thing to do ever. Let BJ play until he retires. He'll know when his time has come, unlike his compatriot in GB.This way T-Jack keeps learning from a guy who just knows how to win. And it keeps T-Jack healthy, b/c he's not on the field all the time. Now I don't want to bench him like Aaron Rodgers in GB, who never gets to play b/c Favre is just stupid. I can't wait until T-Jack takes over the helm, but pay BJ more and keep him around as long as he wants. He'll know when TJ has surpassed him and he'll know to step down at that point. TJ still has a lot he can learn from BJ, that's for sure.
    I am actually leaning that way myself, in the natural order of things. But if things go bad, ya never know. I don't want it to happen because I am a huge Brad Johnson fan, I was truely bummed when we lost him the first time. He (in my opinion) is one of the best generals in the game.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

If T-Jack keeps playing like this throughout the season, he'd be in the running for rook of the year. I don't he'd win it, he'd have to take the starting position and go to the playoffs to beat reggie, but you never know. Also, read B. Childress's comments in this article: http://www.startribune.com/510/story/624539.html I hope he's just being politically correct and not really considering McWoMahon #2. I don't care if you have incorrect routes, I'm sure T-Jack had to deal with it both of these past games.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast