Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McMahon Sucks!!

fishbelly is offline Waterboy

Re: McMahon Sucks!!

T-Jack has shown he can play with the big dawgs! There's no question he should be no. 2 this year. Hopefully Brad can hold up at #1 and not get injured but I feel better after seeing T-Jack play that if Brad has to go out the team still has a good chance. Are there any free agent wide receivers still out there looking for a team?

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

One game doesn't make a season . . . but then again look at the career of McMahon.
    Probably okay as a #3, but make sure he gets #3 money.

Nah . . . drop the guy & get someone else . . . anyone else . . .

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Drop Kick McMahon. He will never be worth the squeeze. The 'Project' T-Jack surpasses him so much, I feel we should grab another project. I could almost agree with the Kerry Collins fans, as a decent back up; but, I don't want him in T-Jacks way.

darkflood is offline Starter

"LaZyDaN" wrote:
    Watching Jackson play, then watching McMahon play.. it's like night and day.
    Tarvaris is clearly the better quarterback.
    and is it just me or does Jackson seem more poised in the pocket than McMahon?
    McMahon seems to get too anxious whenever there's a little pressure and you can see him shuffle his feet like he wants to run. :-\

P.S.
    I'm watching the Vikes game through the Pittsburgh broadcast right now and even the Steelers announcers were impressed with Jackson.
    They were singing his praises the whole time he was in.
    Just thought that was worth mentioning.
    I'be anxious too with T.J. in thr rear view getting ready to run over his a*s. I watched the game on streamtv, and like you, I thought it was cool the Pitts announcers were talking about him. One of the best reasons to watch the pre-season games is TJ( IMHO) McMahon looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Game stats: 1 of 7 for 42yds and a pick. Good job Childress!?
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Off topic but who else had the annoying skipping sound during the game? When the announcers talked and stuff, there voices would skip.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

T-Jack has played well enough to have my confidence if Johnson goes down. McMahon has played poorly enough to get cut.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

I was wondering why we even pick this cat up in the first place; no offense to McMahon. You gotta think about it for a second. If he could not beat out Joey Harrington for the Lions starting spot, how could he be our #2 QB?

Once we got him early this year, my first thought was "why?". If Brad goes down and we are left with McMahon....our season is over. I am sure that McMahon is good at #3 or maybe at the four spot, but not #2.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I agree, you can polish your skills, but you can't polish a turd and Mcmahon has no skills. Dump the turd.

rjmac is offline Training Camp

"JellyBean2144" wrote:
    I was wondering why we even pick this cat up in the first place; no offense to McMahon. You gotta think about it for a second. If he could not beat out Joey Harrington for the Lions starting spot, how could he be our #2 QB?

Once we got him early this year, my first thought was "why?". If Brad goes down and we are left with McMahon....our season is over. I am sure that McMahon is good at #3 or maybe at the four spot, but not #2.
    I am guessing cheap NFL experience insurance in case Michael Vick Jr. does not grasp the O or blow out the knee on one of his nasty Barry Sanders cuts. If TJ continues to improve and stay healthy, BJ better be worried if the team has Daunte flashbacks from last year and loses the first fews games.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Instead of the hassle of kicking McMahon to the curb and picking up a shitty WR for depth, why don't we just switch him to WR? :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast