Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

McMahon condo robbed

From KFFL;

[size=18px]Vikings | McMahon condo robbed[/size]

Sun, 7 May 2006 23:22:15 -0700

The Miami Herald reports Minnesota Vikings QB Mike McMahon told Miami Beach police that someone stole two watches, a $21,250 Rolex and $7,745 Chopard, from his condo at Murano Grande in South Beach.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

Re: McMahon condo robbed

POSTED 8:00 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:17 p.m. EDT, May 7, 2006

ALFALFA GETS ROBBED
    Mike Florio

Joan Fleischman of the Miami Herald reports that Vikings backup quarterback Mike "Thick-Necked Alfalfa" McMahon recently was robbed of two pricey watches.

Taken from his $1.65 million Miami condo, McMahon claims, were a $21,250 Rolex and a $7,745 Chopard. Six less valuable timepieces in the same leather case as the stolen items were left behind.

Regardless of the fact that McMahon lost nearly 30 large in arm clocks, what the hell is a career backup who has never really hit the NFL lottery doing in a $1.65 million crib? Sure, he can probably sell the thing at a profit when his career ends, but he's got a lot of cash tied up in his South Florida living quarters.

McMahon signed a two-year, $2 million contract earlier this year with the Vikings. He was selected in the fifth round of the 2001 draft, and spent four total seasons in Detroit. He signed a two-year deal with the Eagles in 2005, and was released after only one year.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Lets see Mike's pad costs a little more than a year and a half's salary for him....

How many of you out there making 70K would think living in a house that costs $110,000 was being overly extravagant?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Why does he need not 1, but 2 watches that are that expensive? These people just piss away their money like it is nothing...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    Lets see Mike's pad costs a little more than a year and a half's salary for him....

How many of you out there making 70K would think living in a house that costs $110,000 was being overly extravagant?
    No way!

70k = 150,000 - 300,000 atleast. JMHO

Depends how well it is financed.
    Depends on how financially responsible the buyers are, are they carrying a lot of debt?? It is an individual thing.

"Prophet" wrote:

ALFALFA GETS ROBBED
    Mike Florio

Regardless of the fact that McMahon lost nearly 30 large in arm clocks, what the hell is a career backup who has never really hit the NFL lottery doing in a $1.65 million crib? Sure, he can probably sell the thing at a profit when his career ends, but he's got a lot of cash tied up in his South Florida living quarters.
    What pisses me off is that Florio thinks he needs to tell people how to live?

Mike Florio, keep your opinions to yourself.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

ALFALFA GETS ROBBED
    Mike Florio

What pisses me off is that Florio thinks he needs to tell people how to live?

Mike Florio, keep your opinions to yourself.
    Thats what I was getting at too. Not only is it none of his business, it isnt even that extravagant. I can tell you that my wife and I have a house that is a hell of a lot more of a percentage of our income than that condo is of Mikes income. And I dont think we are living extravagantly.

It was like when it was learned Jordan used to like to play for thousands of dollars on the golf course, and people just were outraged. That is like me playing for a $5 nassau, which I have been known to do, and I am not what you would call a big time gambler.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

What people spend their money on is no one else's business (wish the same could be said of the IRS--it is definitely their business). Those watches might have been gifts, too. I suppose this guy never thought of that. Pro athletes and celebs get free $hit all the time.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

I can see where the watches being so expensive and all could be called extravagant by some but the way I see it, for an athlete, it is a status symbol of sorts.

Just like tons of people go out and by a Hummer or a Mercedes, it is a status symbol. Each to there own I guess. Some people aren't happy unless they can have the absolute best.

I personally don't think that I could buy a $21,000 watch, but my attitude might change if I had that kind of money to spend. But I am not going to jusge him for buying it. In 3 to 5 years when he is no longer able to perform a Ty Detmer type role in the NFL, he might be wondering why he spent $21,000 on a watch.

"LAVike" wrote:
    What people spend their money on is no one else's business (wish the same could be said of the IRS--it is definitely their business). Those watches might have been gifts, too. I suppose this guy never thought of that. Pro athletes and celebs get free $hit all the time.
    Good point, thinking outside the box. Thought crossed my mind that his daddy might have got it for him????

The other thing is maybe he had regrets about buying the expensive watches, and knowing nobody that can afford a watch like that would buy one second hand, he had someone steal them. ---------- Low blow to even suggest it?

Insurance pays full replacement value??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast