Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prophet Guest

Re: McMahon Adjusts To Vikings Training Camp

KFFL synopsis
    Vikings | McMahon settling in
    Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:00:52 -0700

WCCO.com reports Minnesota Vikings backup QB Mike McMahon is settling in as the team's No. 2 QB. He comes from the Philadelphia Eagles, where there seemed to be a different vibe, he said. "The difference I've noticed so far from Philly is that it seems a little more team oriented, and I just can't wait to see what happens once we get to training camp," McMahon said. McMahon knows Vikings head coach Brad Childress from Philadelphia. "He's a no nonsense guy, very detailed," McMahon said. "He's gonna be here first thing in the morning, last one to leave. Real hard worker, family guy, wants no off the field problems, so I don't think we'll be seeing any of those at all." McMahon's job is to be ready to play, but maybe more important when you're a veteran backup quarterback it's to make sure that those around you are ready to play. In this case, that means mentoring rookie QB Tarvaris Jackson.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I don't want to find out that quickly either. I'm just glad he assems like a team player and at a young age he's mentally matured. I don't know what his skills will be like but again I hope we don't find out too soon.

If we do, I'm glad we have a veteren QB with some experience to step in. When he played for the Lions he had no protection. When he played for the Eagles the entire nucleus of the team was either hurt or suspended. You really can't blame everything on the guy.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I would have no problem with McMahon filling in for a game or two if needed I still remember him tearing up the Packers on Thanksgiving a few years ago when he was still in Detroit.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

T-Bone is offline Rookie

"ViKing24" wrote:
    I just can't wait for mcmahon to be are starter next year, he's going to show everybody what he's worth trust me.

I am really hoping that you just forgot to add a laughing smiley face. Or maybe you want him to show what he's worth, and prove we are overpaying him.

MAYBE HE WILL BE BETTER AT CALLING IN THE PLAYS THAN OUR OPENING DAY BACKUP FROM LAST YEAR.
    You republican whore!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    MAYBE HE WILL BE BETTER AT CALLING IN THE PLAYS THAN OUR OPENING DAY BACKUP FROM LAST YEAR.
    I just want to make sure I'm not reading this the wrong way... Are you blaming Brad Johnson for the way the Vkinings played in the beginning of last year? Please tell me you're not.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    you mean brad johnson?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    I would have no problem with McMahon filling in for a game or two if needed I still remember him tearing up the Packers on Thanksgiving a few years ago when he was still in Detroit.
    But if he sux on the field, are next option is **gulp** J.T. :shock:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12