Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If we had lost one more game 2 years ago, Spielman would have still traded down our pick to take Kalil, passed on both Luck & RGIII & stayed with Ponder.
    Doesn't read well to me, but i have to say, your dead correct Singer... how many wish we had luck now?

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Moon was discriminated against IMHO. He was a known item in College. He had to go to Canada. He had the talent but that was the era of football where the color of your skin determined whether or not you were able to play QB.
    Definitely true, although my point was that those three were good at other levels of football. MBT has never been good at any level of football, not division two college, not Arena league, not the UFL. I like watching MBT as much as anyone and think he has some potential, but let's not get carried away here.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    MBT has some accuracy to complement his strong arm. The main thing he lacks is opportunity.
    It took Nads to make the decision to start Wilson or Kaepernik last year. I'm not saying MBT should start, but since he is a never been late rounder with a small contract, he may get cut.
    I hope they find a way to keep him. He appears to be getting better. And yes he played against the threes last night, but he is a three himself.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Just remember, Brett Farve was just a backup on the roster too until the Majik Man went down.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Just remember, Brett Farve was just a backup on the roster too until the Majik Man went down.
    Favre was also the 33rd overall pick in the draft. And In a time where the running game still dominated and young QBs were left on the bench for a couple years, Green Bay gave up a first round pick for him.

That's not really comparable to a guy who bounced around between 5 teams in 2 leagues over a 3 year period.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Favre was also the 33rd overall pick in the draft. And In a time where the running game still dominated and young QBs were left on the bench for a couple years, Green Bay gave up a first round pick for him.

That's not really comparable to a guy who bounced around between 5 teams in 2 leagues over a 3 year period.
    Stop peeing on my wheaties

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    bring back tjack

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    MBT has some accuracy to complement his strong arm. The main thing he lacks is opportunity.
    It took Nads to make the decision to start Wilson or Kaepernik last year. I'm not saying MBT should start, but since he is a never been late rounder with a small contract, he may get cut.
    I hope they find a way to keep him. He appears to be getting better. And yes he played against the threes last night, but he is a three himself.
    Not to mention he was throwing to threes with threes blocking for him. Aside from the strong arm and decent accuracy he looked more comfortable and his happy feet weren't as bad as Ponder. I'm not saying he should start right now but he looks like he has more potential than Ponder at this point.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Yup.

If a QB can hit a moving receiver down field, it's an accurate throw. It doesn't matter if that receiver is a 1st, 2nd or 3rd stringer. It's still an accurate throw.

The thing I liked is he was connecting on passes throwing farther down field & it appeared he was throwing more of them than the typical LOS to 5 yarders we're used to seeing Ponder throw.

Has Musgrave changed his strategy & going to call for longer passes? Is he calling longer passses because it's only preseason or is he calling longer passes because he feels that particular QB is more capable of making the throws?
    Last edited by singersp; 09-01-2013 at 07:11 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

So....what about Jamarcus Russell? How about Troy Williamson? What was his pick in the draft?
    Christian Ponder picked#12 overall. Sometimes draft position means jack sh*t.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast