Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I like the way you think.

I have been on the MBT bandwagon when I seen him throw the ball around last preseason. It might take another year or two with him but that arm he has can make all the throws and he knows it. That is why you see him throw into coverage when maybe he shouldn't of, but I prefer the gunslinger over the guy that throws it 5 yards on 3rd and 15.

I think the front office seen something in him last season and that is why they kept him around. Hopefully they give him a shot if ponder fails this season.
    What the heck. If we are going to go down we might as well go down fantastically. I think it is pretty clear the two in front of him are not the answer so put him in and either he surprises us and cuts it or he stinks it up so bad we get a primo pick to take a QB.
    That's all I am saying. What's the difference at this point? We really have nothing left to lose.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    That's all I am saying. What's the difference at this point? We really have nothing left to lose.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

iowa is offline Rookie
    Lots of people had heard of Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Jimmy Clausen, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, etc., etc.Nobody had heard of Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, etc, etc. Just sayin', it can happen, they just got lucky and somebody gave them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    The facct that he was an UDFA that got cut.
    The fact that prior to him signing to us... no one had ever heard of him.
    The fact that he is not on anyone's radar but our....desperate fans
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    Lots of people had heard of Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Jimmy Clausen, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, etc., etc.Nobody had heard of Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, etc, etc. Just sayin', it can happen, they just got lucky and somebody gave them a chance.

Yes it can happen but the ratio of UDFA Qbs that become stars is horrible
    The ration of 1st round pick QB to complete and utter bums is a bit easier to swallow.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If we had lost one more game 2 years ago we would be sitting with Luck or RG3. We also could have traded back a few more and still drafted Tannehill.

Where I fault the FO is they get a QB they think they can groom and then they lock onto them like there is no chance of failure. There is no reason not to bring in multiple players and let them compete to see who rises to the top and they should never stop looking until they have a guy that proves he deserves to be there.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If we had lost one more game 2 years ago we would be sitting with Luck or RG3. We also could have traded back a few more and still drafted Tannehill.
    If we had lost one more game 2 years ago, Spielman would have still traded down our pick to take Kalil, passed on both Luck & RGIII & stayed with Ponder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

McLeod Bethel Thompson = Ponder

Oh yeah. I forgot how all we needed was a LT and that was going to make the whole offense better. In fact I remember someone posting that drafting that LT was actually going to make the defense better. Glad we got all that.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    All three of those players were good though. Romo was good in college, Moon was good in Canada, Kurt Warner was really good in the Arena league. MBT wasn't even a starter in the UFL and wasn't even good in the Arena League.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    All three of those players were good though. Romo was good in college, Moon was good in Canada, Kurt Warner was really good in the Arena league. MBT wasn't even a starter in the UFL and wasn't even good in the Arena League.
    We did have Brooks Bollinger and failed to develop anything with him and he became a UFL MVP, the Vikes also traded for him moving out CJ Mosely a guy still in the league. Bollinger lost his spot on the roster to two guys no longer in the league in Booty and Frerotte, a never was and has been.
    I'm getting a feeling that no matter if they were good or could be good they would get broken here, its a hang over from the KAO of the Childress era.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    If McLeod were ready to play QB he would already be in playing. He is not. We threw Ponder in early and look what happened. A QB that lacks confidence. The truth is we are stuck with mediocre QB's until someone is cut from another team that has some years left on them or we draft a really good QB in the future. Ponder is just waiting for someone to come along so he can be a backup or else go the way of TJ. Until this happens we are just a running team that occasionally attempts to pass. Last year we went about as far as we will go in the playoffs until we get a franchise player at QB. That is just the truth of the matter.

WWBGD

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast