Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

McLeod Bethel Thompson = Ponder

Before anyone freaks out read the post first.

If Ponder continues this vicious cycle of unpredictability and mediocrity and gets pulled around games 5-6 I say McLeod .

Why?

For starters he has the best arm by far out of the three. He's not as athletic as Ponder but is that really needed in this offense? He's young and looks to have a lot of potential.

What can Ponder do that McLeod can't besides scrambling ability? It would be a huge difference if Ponder could scramble and deliver lethal strikes but usually that's not the case with him. The edge I would say goes to Ponder in the scrambling and mobility department.

We were told Ponder is a real intelectual and is really a bright guy but I haven't seen that have you? I've seen him make a ton of stupid decisions and make them repeatedly. He locks in on receivers constantly and fails a lot to find the open guy. Would McLeod be any worse? I doubt it.

I would argue that McLeod has a better deep ball right now and I'm being serious. Can McLeod make the same throws Ponder makes? Shouldn't be hard as most are around 6 yards per attempt. Could McLeod hand the ball off to the machine as well as Ponder? Check.

How about play action? Ponders play action is mediocre at best. Could McLeod perform at the same level? I think so?

Ponder has the " Tony Danza " type personality which is very like able and all but not sure I want that in a quarterback. I never see him get pissed...like the deep guttural anger when he or a teammate screws up. I'm not saying he should be a spaz or hot head but a little fire and steel once in a while really boosts a team sometimes. It's always 'awe shucks we need to this or that...'

Screw that! I want him to say this is bullshit and we ARE going to square this away right frickin now! But no, we get ' oh well, we'll need to work on...'
    Screw awe shucks, get the fricken team going!

I don't know what McLeod's personality is like but hard to believe its any more passive than Ponders.

I've seen enough of Castle to know he sucks and has very little upside. The more I see of him the less I think he's starter material.

This isn't a pull Ponder now and put in McLeod rant, its just what my thoughts are if Ponder continues to look like well...Ponder.

**edit**

This is obviously a moot point if the front office doesn't have enough sense to keep McLeod .
    Last edited by battleaxe4cheese; 08-26-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Squander

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I like the way you think.

I have been on the MBT bandwagon when I seen him throw the ball around last preseason. It might take another year or two with him but that arm he has can make all the throws and he knows it. That is why you see him throw into coverage when maybe he shouldn't of, but I prefer the gunslinger over the guy that throws it 5 yards on 3rd and 15.

I think the front office seen something in him last season and that is why they kept him around. Hopefully they give him a shot if ponder fails this season.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    MBT has no potential. 0 non. He will grow to be at best a back up QB.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    MBT has no potential. 0 non. He will grow to be at best a back up QB.
    So you're saying Ponder has more potential than McLeod?

What do you base zero potential prediction on?

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post

The facct that he was an UDFA that got cut.
    The fact that prior to him signing to us... no one had ever heard of him.
    The fact that he is not on anyone's radar but our....desperate fans

Did I mention that he is going into his 4th year. 4th year.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I like the way you think.

I have been on the MBT bandwagon when I seen him throw the ball around last preseason. It might take another year or two with him but that arm he has can make all the throws and he knows it. That is why you see him throw into coverage when maybe he shouldn't of, but I prefer the gunslinger over the guy that throws it 5 yards on 3rd and 15.

I think the front office seen something in him last season and that is why they kept him around. Hopefully they give him a shot if ponder fails this season.
    What the heck. If we are going to go down we might as well go down fantastically. I think it is pretty clear the two in front of him are not the answer so put him in and either he surprises us and cuts it or he stinks it up so bad we get a primo pick to take a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post

I prefer the gunslinger over the guy that throws it 5 yards on 3rd and 15.
    Now that is signature worthy. Lol
    Funny, too bad it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post

The facct that he was an UDFA that got cut.
    The fact that prior to him signing to us... no one had ever heard of him.
    The fact that he is not on anyone's radar but our....desperate fans

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast