Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:McKinnie Tips Vikings’ Hand

singersp wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I think someone mentioned this last week, but we still dominated that game.
    If true, this is great news. Easily correctable and would make a huge difference going forward. The problem is that changing the stance might be a big reason McKinnie has improved at pass blocking.
    McKinnie is definetly not a pro-bowler.
    We did? WTF game were you watching? We scored 17 points & gave up 30. Warner out threw Favre & threw more TD's, while AD was held to just 19 yards rushing on 13 attempts.

Yep, that just screams domination.
    I don't think he was talking about the Cards game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    If true, this is great news. Easily correctable and would make a huge difference going forward. The problem is that changing the stance might be a big reason McKinnie has improved at pass blocking.
    We did? What game were you watching? We scored 17 points & gave up 30. Warner out threw Favre & threw more TD's, while AD was held to just 19 yards rushing.

I think if you go back and check again he was referring to McKinneys doing the same thing the week earlier when we did win in spite of that little issue. Last week being the tip off.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Caine wrote:
    I've never been a huge fan of McKinney...I do, however, think he's played much better this season than I have seen him play in the past. That said, it doesn't suprise me that his feet are planted differently depending upon plays called - I've seen him get torched too many times in pass coverage to believe that he doesn't "cheat" a little on his stance to give himself an edge.

Caine
    Well said, Caine! I have never been a fan of McKinney either. A baby taking it's first steps moves faster and with more balance than McKinney.
    The only thing I would not totally agree with is that his play is MUCH better this season. I would say that in preseason his play was better, but as usual he starts to put on the weight during the season and his play slows down. In the past few games he has gotten burned too many times with Favre paying the price. If he doesn't introduce the defenders face to the turf on the first contact, he is beaten almost every time. This is where his size is a liability, imo. Most defenders go right under his arms and around him. No way is he getting under the defenders because of his size.
    Now if he could just keep his mouth shut about his stance in relationship to the play..........

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

oaklandzoo24 wrote:
    Hell the Saints and Colts tip their hand most of the time anyway. You know thy are gonna pass but the are just so effective that it doesn't matter. We had a bad game plain and simple. Certainly will help us if he can solve this problem though. Were gonna need an effective run and pass game to make it to the big game.
    I say the problem is opposite. It isn't tipping the pass, it is the all out commitment to stopping Peterson when it isn't a pass. This is making second and long and third and long situations.

Knowing the pass is coming will let the D linemen determine their rush to the QB and not worry about AD sneaking out of the backfield by them. It also lets the know how they are going to drop back into coverage effectively.

The other thing is we could use this tip to our advantage if McKinnie would mix it up a bit on purpose.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote from the atricle:
    they know what’s going to happen because they’re looking at his [McKinnie] feet and they can tell when it’s a run and when it’s a pass
    We discussed this in another thread a couple of weeks ago.
    It's pretty bad that the o-line gives away plays. That could be the biggest reason to why the running game is not as good as it was.
    This must be fixed before next game!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    We did? WTF game were you watching? We scored 17 points & gave up 30. Warner out threw Favre & threw more TD's, while AD was held to just 19 yards rushing on 13 attempts.

I don't think he was talking about the Cards game.
    Correct, I was referring to the Bears game the previous week. Someone said McKinnie was tipping the playcall in that game too, but we were still able to win.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Webby wrote:
    Amazing.

Doesn't excuse the loss. The piss poor performance. But it needs to be addressed.
    It does need addressing.

The good thing to come out of this is that if teams knew so much about it and we still were kicking everyone's asses this year then it wasn't such a big deal after all. Still though. I believe Favre makes a few line changes a game meaning go from a pass to a run or vice versa. I wonder if there is an issue there as well.

Blog Entries

ejmat wrote:
    Webby wrote:
    Amazing.

Doesn't excuse the loss. The piss poor performance. But it needs to be addressed.
    It does need addressing.

The good thing to come out of this is that if teams knew so much about it and we still were kicking everyone's asses this year then it wasn't such a big deal after all. Still though. I believe Favre makes a few line changes a game meaning go from a pass to a run or vice versa. I wonder if there is an issue there as well.
    The sub .500 teams were not able to beat us, but the teams who went to the SB were. If we are going to beat the elite teams these sort of things cannot happen. It is what separates the champs from the rest of the field.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Floyd wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Webby wrote:
    Amazing.

It does need addressing.

The sub .500 teams were not able to beat us, but the teams who went to the SB were. If we are going to beat the elite teams these sort of things cannot happen. It is what separates the champs from the rest of the field.
    Makes sense but remember just because we play a "subpar" team doesn't mean McKinnie is going up agains slackers.

I liked McKinnie in college since I am a Hurricanes fan. Since joining the Vikes I haven't bee too much of a fan. He has never lived up to his potential and the fact he held out for several weeks didn't help his cause. The fact he has been in a FEW off the field situations also leaves a bad taste. I always thought McKinnie had a good rep because of what he did in college. He has done well at times in th pros but he never lived up to his potential if you ask me.

Blog Entries

ejmat wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Webby wrote:
    Amazing.

It does need addressing.

Makes sense but remember just because we play a "subpar" team doesn't mean McKinnie is going up agains slackers.

I liked McKinnie in college since I am a Hurricanes fan. Since joining the Vikes I haven't bee too much of a fan. He has never lived up to his potential and the fact he held out for several weeks didn't help his cause. The fact he has been in a FEW off the field situations also leaves a bad taste. I always thought McKinnie had a good rep because of what he did in college. He has done well at times in th pros but he never lived up to his potential if you ask me.
    True, but as Mr A pointed out, the line in general were telegraphing and while all teams have talent,not all of the teams are able to cash in on it but the good ones can.

I am a fan of "U" football to going back over 25 years and I was the same as you were with Big Mac and I have been equally unimpressed. Although I feel he has been getting the job done adequately the past 2 seasons. He doesn't dominate but he generally doesn't get torched either. You know me, I just don't think he is a good fit for the ZB scheme.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast