Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: McKinnie suspended 4 games.... (Speculation)

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I love guys who play hurt.
    ;D
    I don't.
    That's a surefire way to turn a small injury into a big one.
    I hear ya and agree with you to a point, however, I am kindof talking more along the lines of things like bruises, bumps, etc.

I like the fact that Rad and TJ seemed to want to still go when they were injured.
    I am also glad that more rationale heads prevailed though and they went down in those instances.
    The days of Jack Youngblood playing with a broken leg are long gone, my friend.
    The NFL is too big of a business to risk the future through unwarranted machismo.

If you ask any NFL player, they'll tell you that they are always hurting in one way or another.
    Those are the kinds of things to play with throughout the season.
    But with real injuries (IMHO) the needs of the team are best served (in most cases) by getting the player as healthy as you can.
    Was AD the same after he came back last year following his knee injury?

=Z=
    And that is the difference right there.
    There is a difference between being injured and being hurt.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    I don't.
    I hear ya and agree with you to a point, however, I am kindof talking more along the lines of things like bruises, bumps, etc.

I like the fact that Rad and TJ seemed to want to still go when they were injured.
    I am also glad that more rationale heads prevailed though and they went down in those instances.
    The NFL is too big of a business to risk the future through unwarranted machismo.

If you ask any NFL player, they'll tell you that they are always hurting in one way or another.
    But with real injuries (IMHO) the needs of the team are best served (in most cases) by getting the player as healthy as you can.

=Z=
    You crack me up.
    How did you get playing with a broken leg and unwarranted machismo out of my post?

I like a guy who can play through an injury, not one dumb enough to go out there and try to run around on a broken leg just to prove he is a man.

Again, bumps, bruises etc as apposed to players who have a reputation of being hurt all the time when in fanct they can't find anything wrong with them.

By the way, just in case, etc in no way equates to broken bones.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    I don't.

=Z=
    And that is the difference right there.
    There is a difference between being injured and being hurt.
    What he said. ^^^^^^^^
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    I don't.

=Z=
    Yep, but then he hit the rookie wall. His first game back after the injury he looked great. 116yds on 15 carries and 2 tds.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    I don't.

Yep, but then he hit the rookie wall. His first game back after the injury he looked great. 116yds on 15 carries and 2 tds.
    I'm just saying that it is NOT in the best interests of the team for someone to play on a minor injury, because that's a good way to make it a major one - or create other minor injuries.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213