Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie suspended 4 games.... (Speculation)

I thought Mattran looked the best of the LT's who played after McKinney went out. Hopefully his ankle injury wasn't too severe.

I liked the fact that he has long arms and kept them out on pass plays to engage the defender and I also thought his hip movement and footwork were good.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Alright well I am glad I wasn't losing my mind when I heard he was suspended...sounds
    like something fishy is going on...

Also, I kinda hope he is there the first few games, since it is obvious that is going to be the toughest part of our schedule.....I think we can swing it better with him out somewhere in the middle....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

I just wish they would come out and announce something one way or the other (preferablly no action) so we can move on.
    I would hate to see it come down to a few days before game 1 and the news come out and we only have a couple days to work Hicks, Mattron, Chase whoever in at LT.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    I just wish they would come out and announce something one way or the other (preferablly no action) so we can move on.
    I would hate to see it come down to a few days before game 1 and the news come out and we only have a couple days to work Hicks, Mattron, Chase whoever in at LT.
    His court date isn't even until late Sept. The 24th I believe.

We play 3 regular season games before he even goes to court.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

So does that mean he will be available for the first 3?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

So does that mean he will be available for the first 3?
    He should be unless Goodell gets a wild hair up his ass & suspends him before that.

He hasn't done it yet, so I don't expect he will. Certainly he has all the info he's going to get before that trial date

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tclawmen is offline Starter

Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"tclawmen" wrote:
    Whether Goddell takes action or not, will Childress step up and hand McKinnie any additional punishment? The Organization started two years ago setting the standard of what would and would not be acceptable player behavior and has shown 0 lieniancy to those who violated it. Now he has a high profile player who has obviously overstepped those boundaries (if proven guilty) and no matter what he (Childress) does (or does not do) the team will be impacted by the decision he makes. If additional sanctions are levied against McKinnie, the team suffers and if no additional sanctions are levied then how will the organization be able to maintain disipline in the future?

Just make him run laps.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tclawmen" wrote:

I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
    In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
    I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
    He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

I suspect that Goodell will suspend McKinnie, and Childress will be content with that.
    In the very unlikely even that McKinnie does nto get suspended by the NFL, it would put Childress in a tough spot.
    I think that he would in fact suspend McKinnie for at least a game himself in this event.
    He showed us in the 2006 opener that he is not afraid to sit a starter.
    Fuck suspending players, just fine them game checks.
    This only hurts the teams, not so much the players.
    Meanwhile, a coach gets caught cheating red-handed and gets fined money but no suspension.
    Total BS.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast