Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,258

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' Bryant McKinnie meets with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell[/size]

    By Don Seeholzer
    [email protected]
    twincities.com

    Article Last Updated: 06/01/2008 12:20:31 AM CDT



    Bryant McKinnie has made his case to the NFL's head disciplinarian, but the Vikings offensive tackle's status with the league remains uncertain....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

    Lets just hope the meeting went well and I really hope he gets on of the programs offered to him in court.



    Time this boy wakes up and acts like a man....


    Did I say that?
    ;D


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  3. #13
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish


    If Mckinnie gets his diversion program, Goodell still knows this is the forth time Bryant has been involved in mischief. Quote "No matter what happens in the legal system, McKinnie could face a possible fine or suspension from the NFL because he is a repeat offender of the league’s personal conduct policy." I atleast expect a two game suspension, which really kinda hurts the team.

  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    If Mckinnie gets his diversion program, Goodell still knows this is the forth time Bryant has been involved in mischief. Quote "No matter what happens in the legal system, McKinnie could face a possible fine or suspension from the NFL because he is a repeat offender of the league’s personal conduct policy." I atleast expect a two game suspension, which really kinda hurts the team.
    I expect a four game suspension, and demand a two game suspension.
    Will it hurt the Vikings, most likely.
    But I fully support Goodell taking the hard line with people who think that they are more important than the game.

    It is hard to gauge how long, since there is really no good precedent.
    PacMan and Vick are obviously extreme examples.
    Even Tank (suspended for 8 games) has a parole violation and weapons charges.
    McKinnie has some charges looming, but they are not as severe as Tank's, and they may be dropped through the diversion program.
    I think that four is a fairly reasonable number.
    The same number of games someone gets suspended for a substance abuse violation.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    If Mckinnie gets his diversion program, Goodell still knows this is the forth time Bryant has been involved in mischief. Quote "No matter what happens in the legal system, McKinnie could face a possible fine or suspension from the NFL because he is a repeat offender of the league’s personal conduct policy." I atleast expect a two game suspension, which really kinda hurts the team.
    I expect a four game suspension, and demand a two game suspension.
    Will it hurt the Vikings, most likely.
    But I fully support Goodell taking the hard line with people who think that they are more important than the game.

    It is hard to gauge how long, since there is really no good precedent.
    PacMan and Vick are obviously extreme examples.
    Even Tank (suspended for 8 games) has a parole violation and weapons charges.
    McKinnie has some charges looming, but they are not as severe as Tank's, and they may be dropped through the diversion program.
    I think that four is a fairly reasonable number.
    The same number of games someone gets suspended for a substance abuse violation.
    I support a hardline attitude as well...for players, as well as coaches.
    Oh wait, he already messed that one up.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    If Mckinnie gets his diversion program, Goodell still knows this is the forth time Bryant has been involved in mischief. Quote "No matter what happens in the legal system, McKinnie could face a possible fine or suspension from the NFL because he is a repeat offender of the league’s personal conduct policy." I atleast expect a two game suspension, which really kinda hurts the team.
    I expect a four game suspension, and demand a two game suspension.
    Will it hurt the Vikings, most likely.
    But I fully support Goodell taking the hard line with people who think that they are more important than the game.

    It is hard to gauge how long, since there is really no good precedent.
    PacMan and Vick are obviously extreme examples.
    Even Tank (suspended for 8 games) has a parole violation and weapons charges.
    McKinnie has some charges looming, but they are not as severe as Tank's, and they may be dropped through the diversion program.
    I think that four is a fairly reasonable number.
    The same number of games someone gets suspended for a substance abuse violation.
    I support a hardline attitude as well...for players, as well as coaches.
    Oh wait, he already messed that one up.
    LOL.
    Right, he only handed Belichick and the Pats a punishment unprecedented in the NFL in severity...

    Anyway, my point is that I supported the hard line attitude when it was with players of different teams.
    It would be hypocritical of me not to do so with McKinnie.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    If Mckinnie gets his diversion program, Goodell still knows this is the forth time Bryant has been involved in mischief. Quote "No matter what happens in the legal system, McKinnie could face a possible fine or suspension from the NFL because he is a repeat offender of the league’s personal conduct policy." I atleast expect a two game suspension, which really kinda hurts the team.
    I expect a four game suspension, and demand a two game suspension.
    Will it hurt the Vikings, most likely.
    But I fully support Goodell taking the hard line with people who think that they are more important than the game.

    It is hard to gauge how long, since there is really no good precedent.
    PacMan and Vick are obviously extreme examples.
    Even Tank (suspended for 8 games) has a parole violation and weapons charges.
    McKinnie has some charges looming, but they are not as severe as Tank's, and they may be dropped through the diversion program.
    I think that four is a fairly reasonable number.
    The same number of games someone gets suspended for a substance abuse violation.
    I support a hardline attitude as well...for players, as well as coaches.
    Oh wait, he already messed that one up.
    LOL.
    Right, he only handed Belichick and the Pats a punishment unprecedented in the NFL in severity...

    Anyway, my point is that I supported the hard line attitude when it was with players of different teams.
    It would be hypocritical of me not to do so with McKinnie.
    I'm talking suspension-wise...not money.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #18
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    There’s a chance that McKinnie will be entered into a diversion program at a June 20 hearing, which would defer prosecution (and ultimately dismiss the charges) if McKinnie meets certain conditions.
    (Such as, for example, not bashing anyone else in the head with a pole.
    Allegedly.)
    I like the sound of this. How can Roger suspend him without any charges? Doesn't seem fair.
    No matter what happens in the legal system, McKinnie could face a possible fine or suspension from the NFL because he is a repeat offender of the league’s personal conduct policy.
    If witnesses say McKinnie was involved in a brawl outside an establishment the cops told him not to go back to, the cops saw McKinnie brawling outside the establishment & the cops arrested him for brawling outside the establishment, chances are about 100% that McKinnie was brawling outside the establishment whether charges are dropped or not.

    The diversion agreement doesn't change the fact that he was involved in a brawl, it just gets the charges dropped for lighter sentencing.
    Innocent until proven guilty.

  9. #19
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,467

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    LOL.
    Right, he only handed Belichick and the Pats a punishment unprecedented in the NFL in severity...

    Hahaha, a $750,000 fine for 7 years of cheating and 3 Super Bowl victories? You think that's a "unprecedented" punishment? Sounds like a wise investment for the Pats... as Matt Walsh said, they'd probably pay it again.

    Please, that was a slap on the wrist... no one was even suspended for a game.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    LOL.
    Right, he only handed Belichick and the Pats a punishment unprecedented in the NFL in severity...

    Hahaha, a $750,000 fine for 7 years of cheating and 3 Super Bowl victories? You think that's a "unprecedented" punishment? Sounds like a wise investment for the Pats... as Matt Walsh said, they'd probably pay it again.

    Please, that was a slap on the wrist... no one was even suspended for a game.
    First of all, unprecedented means that it has no precedent in the NFL, which it did not.
    Second, your conspiracy theories about it helping them win three super bowls are just that - conspiracy theories.
    Third, there is another thread in which this discussion has been hashed over and over again, no need to drag it into this one.

    (Like how I put my 2 cents in before trying to get the thread back on track? )

    Anyway, back to McKinnie, I still say that 4 games is fair given the relatively small sample of precedent.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FIRE THE COMMISH
    By marstc09 in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 05:22 PM
  2. New Commish: Aug. 18
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 12:53 PM
  3. New NFL commish will get to know us (Minnesota)
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 05:27 AM
  4. New NFL commish will get to know us
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 04:37 PM
  5. Favorite Commish
    By snowinapril in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 07:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •