Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: McKinnie Met with Commish

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' Bryant McKinnie meets with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell[/size]

By Don Seeholzer
    [email protected]
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 06/01/2008 12:20:31 AM CDT

Bryant McKinnie has made his case to the NFL's head disciplinarian, but the Vikings offensive tackle's status with the league remains uncertain....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Lets just hope the meeting went well and I really hope he gets on of the programs offered to him in court.

Time this boy wakes up and acts like a man....

Did I say that?
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

If Mckinnie gets his diversion program, Goodell still knows this is the forth time Bryant has been involved in mischief. Quote "No matter what happens in the legal system, McKinnie could face a possible fine or suspension from the NFL because he is a repeat offender of the league’s personal conduct policy." I atleast expect a two game suspension, which really kinda hurts the team.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurpleTide" wrote:

If Mckinnie gets his diversion program, Goodell still knows this is the forth time Bryant has been involved in mischief. Quote "No matter what happens in the legal system, McKinnie could face a possible fine or suspension from the NFL because he is a repeat offender of the league’s personal conduct policy." I atleast expect a two game suspension, which really kinda hurts the team.
    I expect a four game suspension, and demand a two game suspension.
    Will it hurt the Vikings, most likely.
    But I fully support Goodell taking the hard line with people who think that they are more important than the game.

It is hard to gauge how long, since there is really no good precedent.
    PacMan and Vick are obviously extreme examples.
    Even Tank (suspended for 8 games) has a parole violation and weapons charges.
    McKinnie has some charges looming, but they are not as severe as Tank's, and they may be dropped through the diversion program.
    I think that four is a fairly reasonable number.
    The same number of games someone gets suspended for a substance abuse violation.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

But I fully support Goodell taking the hard line with people who think that they are more important than the game.

McKinnie has some charges looming, but they are not as severe as Tank's, and they may be dropped through the diversion program.
    The same number of games someone gets suspended for a substance abuse violation.
    I support a hardline attitude as well...for players, as well as coaches.
    Oh wait, he already messed that one up.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

LOL.
    Right, he only handed Belichick and the Pats a punishment unprecedented in the NFL in severity...

Anyway, my point is that I supported the hard line attitude when it was with players of different teams.
    It would be hypocritical of me not to do so with McKinnie.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

LOL.
    Right, he only handed Belichick and the Pats a punishment unprecedented in the NFL in severity...

Anyway, my point is that I supported the hard line attitude when it was with players of different teams.
    It would be hypocritical of me not to do so with McKinnie.
    I'm talking suspension-wise...not money.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    There’s a chance that McKinnie will be entered into a diversion program at a June 20 hearing, which would defer prosecution (and ultimately dismiss the charges) if McKinnie meets certain conditions.
    (Such as, for example, not bashing anyone else in the head with a pole.
    Allegedly.)
    I like the sound of this. How can Roger suspend him without any charges? Doesn't seem fair.
    No matter what happens in the legal system, McKinnie could face a possible fine or suspension from the NFL because he is a repeat offender of the league’s personal conduct policy.
    If witnesses say McKinnie was involved in a brawl outside an establishment the cops told him not to go back to, the cops saw McKinnie brawling outside the establishment & the cops arrested him for brawling outside the establishment, chances are about 100% that McKinnie was brawling outside the establishment whether charges are dropped or not.

The diversion agreement doesn't change the fact that he was involved in a brawl, it just gets the charges dropped for lighter sentencing.
    Innocent until proven guilty.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    LOL.

Hahaha, a $750,000 fine for 7 years of cheating and 3 Super Bowl victories? You think that's a "unprecedented" punishment? Sounds like a wise investment for the Pats... as Matt Walsh said, they'd probably pay it again.

Please, that was a slap on the wrist... no one was even suspended for a game.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    LOL.

Hahaha, a $750,000 fine for 7 years of cheating and 3 Super Bowl victories? You think that's a "unprecedented" punishment? Sounds like a wise investment for the Pats... as Matt Walsh said, they'd probably pay it again.

Please, that was a slap on the wrist... no one was even suspended for a game.
    First of all, unprecedented means that it has no precedent in the NFL, which it did not.
    Second, your conspiracy theories about it helping them win three super bowls are just that - conspiracy theories.
    Third, there is another thread in which this discussion has been hashed over and over again, no need to drag it into this one.

(Like how I put my 2 cents in before trying to get the thread back on track? )

Anyway, back to McKinnie, I still say that 4 games is fair given the relatively small sample of precedent.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast