Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McKinnie gets nastier

"Del" wrote:
    IMO his pass blocking has always sucked. I remember last year someone called me racist because I said he was a thug (getting into off the field problems) and his pass blocking was horrible. I remember being told he is a top 5 offensive tackle in the NFL.

I disagreed then and still do. If your a blind side Tackle and you can't protect the blindside your a burden to your team. He may be better off on the right lol.
    ;D, if it was up to you Birk would be hiking the ball from the left tackle position and the whole o-line would play on the right.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    IMO his pass blocking has always sucked. I remember last year someone called me racist because I said he was a thug (getting into off the field problems) and his pass blocking was horrible. I remember being told he is a top 5 offensive tackle in the NFL.

I disagreed then and still do. If your a blind side Tackle and you can't protect the blindside your a burden to your team. He may be better off on the right lol.
    ;D, if it was up to you Birk would be hiking the ball from the left tackle position and the whole o-line would play on the right.
    The way he blocks having no one over there may be better lol.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    I've been dissing his pass blocking skills & his quickness to get out of his stance for two seasons now.

I have not seen an improvement. It makes me wonder how many more times Brad would be sacked from his blind side if he wasn't "nasty".
    He's always had a problem getting out of his stance. When he finally started in his rookie season he was having to be in a two point stance and evn then he struggled ... not for nothing is he known by me as the 'tub o lard'. I know good LTs are like gold dust because he does play like the premier LT that he is touted to be.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Nastier???
    How can he get any nastier than using a double-headed dildo on two women on the Love Boat?
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Nastier???
    How can he get any nastier than using a double-headed dildo on two women on the Love Boat?
    LOL
    Thank you very much for that lovely image.
    :-

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Look at who he's given up sacks against and think again about saying he sucks.

Julius Peppers, Aaron Kampman, Jason Taylor, The Seahawks(lead the league in sacks in 05).

The 49er game and other recent ones weren't his fault either.

Brad has been hit from the blindside a couple times, but it seems much worse because he always seems to be getting hit at the worst possible time and fumbles.

I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as you are making him out to be, I put him behind only Hutch on our line.

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I've been dissing his pass blocking skills & his quickness to get out of his stance for two seasons now.

I have not seen an improvement. It makes me wonder how many more times Brad would be sacked from his blind side if he wasn't "nasty".
    He's always had a problem getting out of his stance. When he finally started in his rookie season he was having to be in a two point stance and evn then he struggled ... not for nothing is he known by me as the 'tub o lard'. I know good LTs are like gold dust because he does play like the premier LT that he is touted to be.
    I agree, he is just way too slow out of his stance. Ive seen DTs running right past him w/o being touched many times this season.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    As you all said he might need to focus some more on getting the pass blocking improved.

But this article is a focus on the left side comming to gether and benefit of each other in the running game.

That's great, but when your QB is getting blindsided 2 or 3 times a game it is a problem and what ever else they are doing will be over shadowed by it.
    2 or 3 times per game from the blind side?

He's only been sacked 3 or more times in 4 games, Miami, Carolina, Green Bay, and San Francisco, and there is absolutely no chance McKinnie was responsible for all of those.

I distinctly remember Peppers coming from the right side of the line of scrimmage every play.

And also, no one can effectively block two people coming from different angles, and a lot of teams have been overloading one side and blitzing 2-3 guys at McKinnie and Hutch directly, so it's a pick your poison situation, where there is no way for all of them to be picked up.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Does nastier ever result in faster? Because McKinnie is too sloooooooooooooowwwwwwww.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"Ltrey" wrote:
    Does nastier ever result in faster? Because McKinnie is too sloooooooooooooowwwwwwww.
    Probably because he's 6'8 340 plus pounds.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast